Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 01:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
One of the biggest stories of the year and the main street media has been totally silent..except for FOX...Its unbelievable how corrupt the main street media has become...
And that may be the most significant revelation/confirmation to come from this.

But that, and the fact that so many millions of the mindless masses have so much invested - psychologically and monetarily - in the GW fairy tale leaves me very unsure that this story will develop as it should and as we would like it to. They're not going to let go of this decades old charade without mortal political combat. They're already using to their advantage the fact that only Fox and the likes of Rush are talking about it.

The story would have more legs if Rush and Fox hadn't squandered a big chuck of their credibility on support for the monied elite criminals who have been pillaging this country for the last 20 years and brought it to its knees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 02:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
The sh*t hitting the fan;

Congress May Probe Leaked Global Warming E-Mails - Taking Liberties - CBS News

People are looking into that "Harry" text file; Harry is a programmer tasked with making sense of a KEY DB on temperature data.

Quote:
As far as I can see, this renders the station counts totally meaningless.

I am very sorry to report that the rest of the databases seem to be in nearly as poor a state as Australia was. There are hundreds if not thousands of pairs of dummy stations, one with no WMO and one with, usually overlapping and with the same station name and very similar coordinates.

is totally undocumented so we'll never know what we lost.
A very detailed article, from CBS no less.

The author goes into some very troubling detail of that Harry_txt file.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
As I said twice already, I'm not a climate scientist, so if it's cold hard facts you're after, you're looking at the wrong person, though given your fondness of copying other people's findings, I doubt it would make a difference anyway. I can tell you from first hand experience that no one (that I know of) who works in the field is taking serious notice of this though, because they know nothing out of the ordinary happened here.

Answer me this, do you honestly think this invalidates global warming?
The very data that they have based their AGW conclusions on is corrupt and manufactured.

Quote:
Most critics of AGW advocacy have never considered it science in the first place. This just shows that we were right; it’s a religious belief, and its high priests apparently have few scruples about rigging the models and the data to show what they want, rather than pursue science and the scientific method.
I would say some emails/letters to those Universities that employ members of this unethical cabal would be in order.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Ripley, do you realize the implications of your statement? If nothing is out of the ordinary in this case, I can't imagine what would be.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 PM

37,976 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Ripley, do you realize the implications of your statement? If nothing is out of the ordinary in this case, I can't imagine what would be.
Exactly. I believe that more is to come from all this, and liberal bobble-heads will roll. This trillion dollar taxpayer scam needs to be exposed for what it is, so even al Gore has to come out and claim victim status, because he was duped into believing their data was real.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:36 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
The entire AGW argument hinges on the idea that the current warming is different and more substantial than any other warming that has happened in the past.

The work of the CRU is directly tied to this particular bit of “science”.

These leaks prove that the guys working on this part of the AGW debate, have done disservice to the science at the very least and possibly have committed fraud.

How anyone can argue that this leaked information isn’t important is a misdirection.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Pajamas Media » Three Things You Absolutely Must Know About Climategate

Amazing the lengths these so-called scientists went to in shutting down debate, getting editors ousted from allowing too many "contrarian" views published.

They are nothing more than political hacks that believe in the GW religion.

Quote:
This may seem obscure, but the science involved is being used to justify the diversion of literally trillions of dollars of the world’s wealth in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by phasing out fossil fuels. The CRU is the Pentagon of global warming science, and these documents are its Pentagon Papers.

Here are three things everyone should know about the Climategate Papers. Links are provided so that the full context of every quote can be seen by anyone interested.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And that may be the most significant revelation/confirmation to come from this.

But that, and the fact that so many millions of the mindless masses have so much invested - psychologically and monetarily - in the GW fairy tale leaves me very unsure that this story will develop as it should and as we would like it to. They're not going to let go of this decades old charade without mortal political combat. They're already using to their advantage the fact that only Fox and the likes of Rush are talking about it.

The story would have more legs if Rush and Fox hadn't squandered a big chuck of their credibility on support for the monied elite criminals who have been pillaging this country for the last 20 years and brought it to its knees.
They are trying to suppress it and using every angle to do so, but as has been discussed here, the evidence is not simply speculative context of emails (which aren't as speculative as some like to suggest), but rather the actual data which validates much of the intent to which the e-mails hold.

This won't go away and the major news organizations will be forced to report on it or risk having their bias exposed directly and implicate them indirectly as a a part of the agenda based fraud (as is being shown with NYT at the moment).

Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM

The MSM is also using the "hacker" descriptive in order to justify ignoring it. However, it is clear, this was no hacker.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:57 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The entire AGW argument hinges on the idea that the current warming is different and more substantial than any other warming that has happened in the past.

The work of the CRU is directly tied to this particular bit of “science”.

These leaks prove that the guys working on this part of the AGW debate, have done disservice to the science at the very least and possibly have committed fraud.

How anyone can argue that this leaked information isn’t important is a misdirection.
Exactly, and I don't think people blowing this off understand how significant the surface records were concerning their case, nor how important CRU was concerning the whole issue to that case.

Remember the constant excuse concerning US surface stations having CRN ratings far below accepted standards? Remember how they would always say "well, that's just the US, the global temp is what matters", well... this turns the "global temp" position right on its head.

What is said though as some have mentioned is that due to such poor management of the records and stations, the data for the entire records may be absolutely worthless. Talk about a real travesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies