Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:24 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times

Advertisements

[parody title]

Seriously how do you white rural Southern boys think you helping yourselves out? ( I'm a white southern boy myself from a rural town)

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here]

You think it's a bad thing have an advanced education. You mock scientists. You cheer on any War they tell you is needed. You try and legislate morality. You try and push your religion into public schools and court houses. You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves. You actually whine when the rich must pay more of a share in taxes.

I now live in in a wealthy neighborhood and exclusive school district in the South. Do you think it's your type that is running the show here? Hardly.

Asians and Jews and transplants from the Coasts are on the rise here. They respect teachers, they value scientists, they know how important is is to have marketable skills. They don't push their religion on others. The unionized pilots here make very sure their careers and incomes are secure for their families sake. The Asian Doctors send their kids to advanced tutoring while your spending your money on a new "wave runner" or Z71.

You're killing us................You should travel to Europe and see how white boys are supposed to act......hint: They use their brains!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
A lot of the rural folks I know have great respect for the Extension agents and their knowledge of crop science and animal science. Far cry from the stereotype you describe.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[parody title]

Seriously how do you white rural Southern boys think you helping yourselves out? ( I'm a white southern boy myself from a rural town)

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here}

You think it's a bad thing have an advanced education. You mock scientists. You cheer on any War they tell you is needed. You try and legislate morality. You try and push your religion into public schools and court houses. You bad mouth unions that have given this country the "weekend" and "overtime pay".
You're against raising the minimum wage so a man who wants to work can earn a living for his family. You're against healthcare for those less fortunate than yourselves. You actually whine when the rich must pay more of a share in taxes.

I now live in in a wealthy neighborhood and exclusive school district in the South. Do you think it's your type that is running the show here? Hardly.

Asians and Jews and transplants from the Coasts are on the rise here. They respect teachers, they value scientists, they know how important is is to have marketable skills. They don't push their religion on others. The unionized pilots here make very sure their careers and incomes are secure for their families sake. The Asian Doctors send their kids to advanced tutoring while your spending your money on a new "wave runner" or Z71.

You're killing us................You should travel to Europe and see how white boys are supposed to act......hint: They use their brains!

Did you get this from BET or something?

You really need to stop listening to Rev Wright.

Better then spending it on crack or Ludicrous tapes?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A lot of the rural folks I know have great respect for the Extension agents and their knowledge of crop science and animal science. Far cry from the stereotype you describe.
And it's very likely the extension agent is trustworthy because he is one of you. He's white like you. He lives in the Country like you. It has little to do with his credentials. I'm sure he's a good ole boy.

This is the problem. RSW's let cultural divides get in the way of making rational decisions.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Hell, we mind our own business and keep to ourselves. What's wrong with that?

"I ain't asking nobody for nothing--if I can't get it on my own
You don't like the way I'm living, you just leave this long haired country boy alone."
(Charlie Daniels Band)

Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
[parody title]

[ Fair warning: I'm going to generalize here]

Actually, I think that you should consider that stereotyping is the first step to marginalizing a group of people. What you are doing here is trying to marginalize a wide swath of the American population. That, to me, is much more harmful than the fact that there are parts of the population that don't share your values and perspectives.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Hell, we mind our own business and keep to ourselves. What's wrong with that?

"I ain't asking nobody for nothing--if I can't get it on my own
You don't like the way I'm living, you just leave this long haired country boy alone."
(Charlie Daniels Band)
No you don't. Terry Shiavo ring a bell? You took custody of her from her husband so your Southern white GOP men could make polictal hay from a brain dead women.

You push prayer in public schools. You think it's a good idea to invade and occupy other countries. You try and tell women what they can do with their pregnancy. You try and tell two adults who they can marry.

We can only wish you would mind your own business.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
Title should read:
METH destroying the rural southern culture...

Old 11-20-2009, 09:44 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Yep, it rings a bell. I remember thinking, "That ain't none of anyone's business--why drag it through court and the media? His (the husband's) decision--not no one else's."

Nobody I know knows my stance on religion--I ain't even set foot in a church for a couple of years. I'm against the war, I'm against government interference.

I'm just a poor white Southerner.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Great job of completely stereotyping white southerners.

Why do blacks sell crack and rob stores?

Why do middle easterners blow everything up?

Why do Native Americans do nothing but drink and gamble?

Shall we go on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies