Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:05 PM

937 posts, read 2,838,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
yeah just do what you are told and stop thinking. We are the mature name calling ones.
And on top of that, the problem is some people think TOO much. Thinking too much about every damn little thing. Live life and be happy, stop complaining about all the small things and trying to be different and grabbing attention. Hmmm, people make fun of rednecks, I think I'll burn a flag today because of it. Kid needs to grow up. He could care less about gays, lesbians or sexual preference. Only thing on his mind should be homework, playing with friends and Saturday morning cartoons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 11:06 PM

937 posts, read 2,838,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
Or...North of the border if he wants the the same rights our founding fathers thought he should have,

Old 11-21-2009, 11:10 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,594,380 times
Quote:
You do realize that it was written without the God part right? That was added in1954..
Yes I am aware of that fact, and like most things that are good now it took more than one try to get it right.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,771,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Its the god damn Pledge of Allegiance. It helps develop patriotism and has been part of school culture for YEARS. I did it everyday and was proud to. I love this country, and if the little brat chooses to not like the country, he should march his butt south of the border.

The only thing it develops is a group mentality. Loving this country means loving the fact that I nor you can be forced to recite anything we choose not to. In fact expressing your rights is showing love for this country. Unlike you who apparently want to dictate what others have to say.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:36 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,771,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Yes I am aware of that fact, and like most things that are good now it took more than one try to get it right.

Ever hear of the separation of church and state? Freedom of and from religion? Simply because you believe in a christian god does not mean it should be a part of our pledge, money, court rooms etc etc. The God part was added as a political move anyway. God is for church and your own home not the guidance of a country and its laws.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times
Quote:
why is human inequality something it is unfortunate to care about?
Correction: Social inquality, not human inequality.

Human inequality is more of a reference to the difference between the development of skills (education, training), abilities (cognitive and noncognitive skills) and health capacities (physical and mental health) of humans.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:18 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Why is it unfortunate? I assume the kid cares deeply about the issue.
There are larger issues affecting humanity that need much more attention. Homelessness, child abuse, cancer, AIDS etc. come to mind. Gay inequality is a sideshow compared to these calamaties.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:30 AM

1,179 posts, read 977,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
There are larger issues affecting humanity that need much more attention. Homelessness, child abuse, cancer, AIDS etc. come to mind. Gay inequality is a sideshow compared to these calamaties.
So? Should we discard an issue because it may be more or less pressing that another? This is an equal rights issue, which to me is one of the fundamental building blocks of this country. While you may not find that important, many do.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,336,374 times
This is a duplicate thread from less than a week ago:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...llegiance.html

Please use the search feature before starting new threads.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:21 AM

366 posts, read 298,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Well now that we have seen the side that supports this silliness of two parents in the guise of a ten year old claiming to have gay friends it is time for the other side to jump in.

Yes it is your right to not say the pledge of allegiance, but I respectfully ask that you keep you hands off of it and the way it is written for those of us who know God exists and understand that while not everything is perfect in this country it is still a hell of a lot better than some of the alternatives.

Meanwhile, carry on with you protected free speech.... after all that is why I wore the uniform of this great countries military so that you could continue to have that right.

God Bless and good night.

Many on this forum will certainly chastise you for your post but I for one give you a big thumbs up. It's sad what this country has come to; we're definitely headed in the wrong direction, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies