Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I would say in a Righteous world that "Jay" would be arrested and "Will" would be put in counceling(cant spell this one) but real world the father needs to be put in his place as does the child for disrespecting my country in favor of blasphemy. AAARRRGH this article pisses me off!!!
What, people should be jailed for not lock stepping with you?
Pretty interesting approach to life, wouldn't you say?

______
I wore the uniform of this country, too, Tymberwolf.
And I vehemently disagree with you.

BFD, you're a vet, it doesn't make us any more special than the next person.
Apparently you had only selfish reasons for joining.

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-22-2009 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 03:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
And on top of that, the problem is some people think TOO much. Thinking too much about every damn little thing. Live life and be happy, stop complaining about all the small things and trying to be different and grabbing attention. Hmmm, people make fun of rednecks, I think I'll burn a flag today because of it. Kid needs to grow up. He could care less about gays, lesbians or sexual preference. Only thing on his mind should be homework, playing with friends and Saturday morning cartoons.
Isn't this exactly what you're doing?
You vilify a 10 year old for expressing himself
He apparently cares very deeply about the issue.
My question is, why don't you?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Yes I am aware of that fact, and like most things that are good now it took more than one try to get it right.
This is about the Pledge of Allegiance, not your wedding night.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:33 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
There are larger issues affecting humanity that need much more attention. Homelessness, child abuse, cancer, AIDS etc. come to mind. Gay inequality is a sideshow compared to these calamaties.

in your opinion. even if true shall we ignore the "small" bad things that happen in the world?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Will Phillips appeared on CNN Monday morning with his father, Jay, to discuss his refusal to say the pledge of allegiance.

"I've grown up with a lot of people and I'm good friends with a lot of people who are gay and I think they should have the rights all people should, and I'm not going to swear that they do," the ten-year-old Phillips said.

Will Phillips, 10-Year-Old, Won't Pledge Allegiance To A Country That Discriminates Against Gays (VIDEO)

yawn! publicity stunt on a non issue. no different to me from the boy that flew away!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
A. Live life and be happy, stop complaining about all the small things and trying to be different and grabbing attention.

you do realize that some people are not being granted the ability to just be happy since they are denied equal rights?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
yawn! publicity stunt on a non issue. no different to me from the boy that flew away!

non-issue in your mind because you don't care that same sex couples are not granted basic equal rights. Just because you don't care does not make it a non-issue.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I wore the uniform of this country, too, Tymberwolf.
And I vehemently disagree with you.

BFD, you're a vet, it doesn't make us any more special than the next person.
Apparently you had only selfish reasons for joining.
Good, I am glad you disagree with me, it is your right and it shows that you are thinking, something a large part of our country no longer does.

And as for having selfish reasons for joining, you are right, I joined because I wanted to do my part however little to protect America (there still was a USSR when I was in) and to help insure that our freedoms remained in place.

Keep on living the good life and thank you for serving our country.

God Bless and have a great day.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:47 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
This is about the Pledge of Allegiance, not your wedding night.
I know its about the Pledge, my wedding night might have been uncoordinated but we discovered many wonderful things together that night.... and the next morning.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
non-issue in your mind because you don't care that same sex couples are not granted basic equal rights. Just because you don't care does not make it a non-issue.
non-issue because we have 500000 people in prison for victimless crimes. non issue because we have people in prison indefinitely who have not been tried! non issue because our economy is falling off a cliff! non-issue because our govt can spy on us without warrants or probable cause, non issue because they are lining up an attack on the last bastion of free speech (the internet)! non issue because our soldiers are dying in an undeclared war! non issue because 1000s more serious infringements on our civil liberties require OUR urgent attention!

i'm sorry, but neither the kid nor his father are gay so i don't see any personal connection to the issue and in my opinion this is just another tacky 'i want to be on tv' story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies