Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I do proclaim dis here threat be stupid.
and i say it is not. the OP is asking a question and it would be nice if you could come up with an intellegnt response. if yow cun handul thut

Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
....every other thread on this website has something to do with Northerners wanting to move South?

If you don't like us, then why are you moving down here? How long do you plan to stay? What percentage of you have left to come down here already?
It's not "hatred" per se, but envy that riles the Yankees, the west-coasters, and the libberuls to no end. And while the South has been and will forever be put down for slavery, there are a few books you should read, along with the Yankees, west-coasters, and libberuls to get a better grip on your home. The Senator and the Sharecropper is one, and I'm just about through with another one, by Gene Dattel who hails from the MS Delta, titled "Cotton and Race in the Making of America." Or something like that.

Yes, slavery was horrible, but it's history, and there is nothing you nor I can do to change that. Live with it, accept it, and as I, make sure it never happens again. I don't know any slaves, nor any slaveholders, other than the ones who choose to be part and parcel of that life. And there are some.

Some folks round here, and I won't name names cause it causes trouble, just cannot help themselves in their accusations because they don't read history outside of what they have been taught in public schools, and liberal colleges with liberal instructors. The thing for YOU to do is go out and get some books, scrounge around, get the information you need, and then let 'em have it right between the eyes with facts, not fiction. Of course, bollywood has not helped in this matter, and gosh, how many people believe everything bollywood puts out? You might be surprised.

For instance, you ever heard of the Emmett Till case? Way back in 1955 or thereabouts, this young black kid from Chi-town was down in Money, MS, visiting his granny. Someone claimed he whistled at a white woman, and in the end, the kid was beat unmercifully, finally tied to a cotton gin fan, and thrown off a bridge on the Sunflower River. A few days later, he floated. There was an open-casket funeral, horrific as that was.

A few years ago, prolly 2005 or so, on the 50th or so anniversary of this event, the Till family, or someone speaking for them, decided to open the mausoleum crypt where the kid was laid to rest, up in chi-town. Why? I have no clue, except to bring the whole ghastly event back to the top. So the crypt was opened, the kid was identified, and BANG! the crypt was resealed, and nothing more was made of the fact. jesse and al got their spotlights, their fleeting moments of fame, and moved on, planning any other little altercation that could be blown way out of proportion. Tawana Brawley comes to mind when I think of reverand al, along with the jena 6, and the pelosi that happened in North Carolina.

There is fodder galore for the Yankees, the west-coasters, and the libberuls to continually bring to the forefront of the Southerners minds, and there always will be. It's how YOU handle it that matters. When these clowns find out the truth, it may be a whole different ballgame.

It upsets me, too, neighbor. But as long as YOU know the truth, as sordid and unhealthy as it may be, they can't touch you.

Chin up!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:14 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,752 times
Quote:
....every other thread on this website has something to do with Northerners wanting to move South?

If you don't like us, then why are you moving down here? How long do you plan to stay? What percentage of you have left to come down here already?
We come down to get warm, not to associate with the populace of the most benighted area in the western world.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:17 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
We come down to get warm, not to associate with the populace of the most benighted area in the western world.
And like hemorrhoids, you go back up when you get warm, or get your fill. I love it. Keep on coming down, we like your money.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Educational achievement in the South is indeed..IMPRESSIVE! Highest rates of teenage pregnancy are in LA, MS and AR. MS is the state with highest percentage of obesity in the nation, with almost 44% of children in MS being obese.
i was talking about the average Southener not the welfare class of loosers created by the gov with thier welfare programs.hope this explains it for you

Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 PM

147 posts, read 329,776 times
Quote:

I have been saying that for years.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:

We came here to the the south. And it is a good thing. We took a city that was full of native dumbass backwards rednecks and transformed it into a cosmopolitan booming area. We took a state with a trailer park trash flag flying above it and got rid of the damn embarrassment it was causing. We northerners do not change when we come south. We change the south into something we want to live in. And as more of us come south, the south will change even more.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
They want to Political Correct the southern culture so it turns into NYC or California. Basically, it's PC evangelism.

I think PC'ism is the ultimate toxin for the country. It shuts people up and instills fear. It destroys freedom of thought and speech and it is more DIVISIVE than anything.
Gosh! How dare we want to educate folks! Culturally NYC and California are about 50 years ahead of most of the south. So we carpetbaggers have our work cut out for us!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,395 times
Shall we compare crime rates next?

Ya can't make fun of rednecks unless yew are wun....and I are wun

Old 11-22-2009, 06:40 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:

I think they like it here because the natives will happily work for them for minimum wage and no benefits. Additionally you are fine with your kids going to substandard school districts while they send their kids to the zoned off exclusive school districts. Furthermore when someone dares talks about raising taxes on the wealthy you actually defend them by repeating their propaganda that it will "kill jobs". Oh and you refuse to defend your ability to earn a living by bad mouthing unions. And one more bonus, you encourage your kids to go fight Wars of choice while they send their kids off to elite Universities.

In a nutshell the South is easy pickings for those who wish to live a wealthy lifestyle on the backs of a culture that refuses to stand up for their family's well being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies