Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 01:55 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Well, guess what? That UK climate scientist is temporaily stepping down.

"Britain's University of East Anglia says the director of its prestigious Climatic Research Unit is stepping down pending an investigation into allegations that he overstated the case for man-made climate change."

UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

I guess "overstated" is the new word for "lied and hid." However, since a lot of people are making a fortune off of this thing, how many think it will just disappear? That is, disappear for those who have actually reported on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I have a question: What is your real motivation for denying climate change?

Is it an economic reason that you deny this is happening largely as a consequence of man made global pollutants, or is it a political reason, as the right has used Al Gore as their lightning rod to politicize a scientific argument, not a political one. If neither of those, how do you consistently deny that rising temperatures are not showing copious examples of potentially irreversible change?

I would estimate between 40 to 60% of deniers have no clue as to why they think man is not causing this but instead do so for a combination of reasons, mainly the radical rightwing attempts to deny this is happening (George W. Bush, Sen. Inhofe, Rush Limbaugh, FOX, etc., etc..) being the primary reason(s).
Really disgusting.

Why don't you ask me if I am still beating my wife?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

Is it an economic reason that you deny this is happening largely as a consequence of man made global pollutants, or is it a political reason, as the right has used Al Gore as their lightning rod to politicize a scientific argument, not a political one. If neither of those, how do you consistently deny that rising temperatures are not showing copious examples of potentially irreversible change?

I would estimate between 40 to 60% of deniers have no clue as to why they think man is not causing this but instead do so for a combination of reasons, mainly the radical rightwing attempts to deny this is happening (George W. Bush, Sen. Inhofe, Rush Limbaugh, FOX, etc., etc..) being the primary reason(s).

Odanny,

Care to comment about this global warming hoax now? These libs a year from now will deny every having believed in this scam.

Another question- Now that we know the climate is cooling, should we INCREASE CO2 production and burning of fossil fuels? Sounds like a great idea! It is funny how academic disingenuousness rises up to bite one in the ass. Let's burn more carbon!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Odanny,

Care to comment about this global warming hoax now? These libs a year from now will deny every having believed in this scam.

Another question- Now that we know the climate is cooling, should we INCREASE CO2 production and burning of fossil fuels? Sounds like a great idea! It is funny how academic disingenuousness rises up to bite one in the ass. Let's burn more carbon!
Global-Cooling! Global-Cooling!! OMG!!! Global-Cooling!!

Maybe we can get Jimmy Carter to make a film and world tour entitled "The Unheatable Truth"

Old 12-01-2009, 03:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
So, in the face of the overwelming evidence of FRAUD on a global scale when it comes to "global warming", why are so many "warmers" fraud deniers?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So, in the face of the overwelming evidence of FRAUD on a global scale when it comes to "global warming", why are so many "warmers", fraud deniers?
The fraud deniers are NOT truthers.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:

Are you kidding? It is now absolutely proven to be a hoax. Do you need any more evidence than these so-called "scientists" own emails to one anohter?

Give me a break. It is the lie that we always knew it was!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does none of this bother the believers? Can they even comprehend the unethical behavior of these supposed scientists?

Amazing odunny that you took the one sentence and ignored all the rest. Hey, you fit it really well with your GW fanatical gurus.

Why should anybody answer your questions when you can't even bother to have a discussion? Are you even mentally capable of having a discussion?
The answer, of course, is NO. He is not.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM

82 posts, read 80,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The answer, of course, is NO. He is not.
Me neither!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
The 'Texas' part says it all.
FYI - You're probably not old enough to know this, but the personal computer industry in this country was born and first thrived in Texas.

Ever hear of a little company called "Texas Instruments"?

Your smug elitism is so overwhelming that it can be hard to breathe after reading one of your posts. The only reason you're not on my ignore list is that you're just so darn entertaining! I don't take much of anything you say seriously, though. You're so totally blinded by ideology and party politics that you're completely useless when it comes to any form of debate.

But that's just how you are, and you're very entertaining when you post. Keep on truckin'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies