Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 02:48 PM

45,484 posts, read 60,707,289 times

Advertisements

This thread is funny and reminds me of this:
Luke 6:42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the spe

For the record I'm a non-religious, generally conservative elected Republican official, missing some teeth due to military service, "uneducated because my degree is from a state school", Master's degree holding, non-McMansion dwelling, Northerner by birth but Southerner by necessity, born, raised and chose to live in a rural small town, F150 and other US made cars (except for my wife's new Subaru) owner, global warming (not climate change) skeptic, much nastier in person, married 28 years with 4 children middle-aged white male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 02:52 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,757,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
LMAO!!! Really so people are offended because I "dis" Obama? Oh well it is a joke and we are never to old for that.
It actually sounds like a brilliant idea for a vehicle. Next to waste/garbage, one thing we humans have in large quantities is hot air and bull****.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:46 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,663,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You may be right
I agree wholeheartedly with that. "Make love, not war," was a slogan for a reason. And that reason has nothing to do with Vietnam. I think it is just generally true that if you are not stressed out, and being physically satisfied is a great stress reliever, you don't really want to fight with people. I wish that that message was easier to spread.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,037,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Although it might seem absurd to ask this question, my experiences here lead me to believe that some people prefer to name call, and some people prefer to reason through things carefully. It is interesting to me to know why people on all sides of an issue pick the argumentative strategies they do.

A small batch of the people just call names--these are the outliers. They make up about 20% of us on any side of an issue, and they will always be vocal. But what do the rest of you think? Do you get sick of having extremists representing your point of view? The level of discourse 'round these parts lately has been very disappointing to me. If you agree, what should we do about it?
Although I'd hate to censor anyone by placing them on my ignore list, I think that if we were to collectively do this, it would shut them up fast as no one is responding to them. My 2 cents.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:56 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
my favorite all time low is to look up the guy on face book or eharmony and then bad mouth him on a male bash thread.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Even worse are those who, based on my opinion on one or two issues, jump to the conclusion that I'm a "flaming liberal". Come on people! Accept the fact that some of us actually can think for ourselves and that such thinking can lead one to liberal conclusions on some issues and conservative conclusions on others. Just because in the few issues I feel strongly enough to comment on I come to the 'liberal' conclusion, does not mean I'm liberal on everything!
I agree. I'm conservative on a majority of issues but when I do find myself agreeing with a liberal point of view, some folks have called me a liberal or worse "obamatron" I consider myself to be a free thinker and don't blindly follow party lines.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
my favorite all time low is to look up the guy on face book or eharmony and then bad mouth him on a male bash thread.
At least I'm not naive enough to use my CD user ID for facebook. "shudders" to think of you all finding me on there.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,097,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Although it might seem absurd to ask this question, my experiences here lead me to believe that some people prefer to name call, and some people prefer to reason through things carefully. It is interesting to me to know why people on all sides of an issue pick the argumentative strategies they do.

A small batch of the people just call names--these are the outliers. They make up about 20% of us on any side of an issue, and they will always be vocal. But what do the rest of you think? Do you get sick of having extremists representing your point of view? The level of discourse 'round these parts lately has been very disappointing to me. If you agree, what should we do about it?

You need to pick up a copy of hussein obama's bible Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, the same used by many many liberals. The rules call for name calling, lying and agressive in-your-face behavior. Conservatives have found out about this extremeist radical game and have decided to fight fire with fire. There is a call for all conservatives to use this well worn game back against the left wingers. It has taken them by surprise and if conservatives unit there are more of us then there is of them.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 11-26-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: replace word

Old 11-26-2009, 08:03 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
At least I'm not naive enough to use my CD user ID for facebook. "shudders" to think of you all finding me on there.
that is bek you are smarter than most.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have often wondered what incentive the small minority of people have to be so mean and condescending around here. I'm sure we are all guilty of it from time to time, but I do try to keep my cool. I know I resorted to one of two cheap-shots on the Feminsm thread though, not my proudest moments.I think some of it is the bravado that anonymity brings, it's like virtual alcohol. There are no repurcussions for fighting dirty on a message board. I'd also hazard a guess that personality is a major factor.
You know, I actually feel pity for some of these posters as they seem to be miserable people with nothing better to do than to bash those with opposing points of view or our president, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies