Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Dance that chicken dance. This is fun.

For the fourth time: why is the timeline not a problem in Iraq, but it is a problem in Afghanistan?

And no, I don't care WHY Bush bowed down to the arabs, I just want to know it is not a problem in Iraq, while it is a huge problem in Afghanistan
Oh my god, you dont even know wtf your talking about.

Bush did NOT set a timetable for Iraq, that was the biggest criticism of him from the left.
Senate OKs bill with Iraq deadline - Politics- msnbc.com
Bush said he will veto the bill so long as it contains a timetable on Iraq

Obama set it..
Obama Sets Timetable for Iraq Withdrawal, Calling It Part of Broader Middle East Strategy - washingtonpost.com

You DO NOT set a time table untill things stabalize..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 11:46 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Bush did NOT set a timetable for Iraq, that was the biggest criticism of him from the left.

Obama set it..
Obama Sets Timetable for Iraq Withdrawal, Calling It Part of Broader Middle East Strategy - washingtonpost.com

Come on, don't tip him off, this has been so much fun!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes my friend, Their is no firm timeline in Iraq, is that so hard to understand? There is a hard 18 month timeline for withdrawal in Afghanistan. You are providing so many with so much entertainment with your inability to understand the written word.

Again diversion for the structural problems with in the Dem party.
Yikes, according to the speech the timeline depends on the situation on the ground, so it is not a hard timeline. Get your facts straight.

You can't admit the fact that the timeline situation is identical in the two places, and you fail to explain why it is a problem only in one place and not in the other. You keep insisting that Bush didn't bow down to Arabs, and that he is only following an agreement, and with the very next post you suggest we really don't have a timeline in Iraq, and we'll stay there if need be be there an agreement or not. Sorry, but you really can't have it in so many different ways.

PS. Trying to insult me is not making your chicken dance any less amusing.

And no, I am not a Democrat. How many insults, false assertions and factual inaccuracies can you cram in one short post?

Go now, and dance for us again later.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Sounds like you 'support' the effort in two ways:
And then you go on to list 4..
Quote:
1. Criticize the war planners for actually planning a stratergy, as opposed to jumping in without a plan.
Um, the generals are the war planners, and they are on the ground. Are you now proclaiming that they ask for more troops without a plan? Really, thats your argument?
Quote:
2. Finding every imaginable theoretical weakness in the plan and then announce it to the whole world, including the enemy.
I did no such thing, but indeed you do imagine every weakness on the battlefield and plan for its contingency.. Thats how you win..
Quote:
3. Keep trying to convince yourself that you don't oppose it, while you clearly do.
So what you are admitting is that NO ONE IS HOME...

How much clearer can I?
Quote:
I SUPPORT THE STRATEGY Its DEMOCRATS opposing the strategy..
Maybe if I put it in BOLD for you, you'll get it right next time..
Quote:
I SUPPORT THE STRATEGY Its DEMOCRATS opposing the strategy..
Do you NOW understand that I SUPPORT THE STRATEGY? If you think I dont, tell me why I dont.. Obviously you think you know more about my own mind than I do..
Quote:
4. Keep reminding everyone that Dems oppose the plan
So you are telling me you dont want to hear the truth, you are here for the partisan bickering?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Yikes, according to the speech the timeline depends on the situation on the ground, so it is not a hard timeline. Get your facts straight.

You can't admit the fact that the timeline situation is identical in the two places, and you fail to explain why it is a problem only in one place and not in the other. You keep insisting that Bush didn't bow down to Arabs, and that he is only following an agreement, and with the very next post you suggest we really don't have a timeline in Iraq, and we'll stay there if need be be there an agreement or not. Sorry, but you really can't have it in so many different ways.

PS. Trying to insult me is not making your chicken dance any less amusing.

And no, I am not a Democrat. How many insults, false assertions and factual inaccuracies can you cram in one short post?

Go now, and dance for us again later.

Very funny thanks for the entertainment, I am not trying to insult you, you are doing a very good job of insulting yourself!

Yeah troop withdrawal in 18 months is a hard timeline and what does "the situation on the ground" mean?

Nuance my friend, nuance. The Iraq's insisted we leave by 2011 in order to re-sign the SOF agreement Bush was able to negotiate it to a guideline, hence Obama's statement that Iraq has a blank check. But I have told you thet 7 different ways and none seems to have penetrated. I think it is pretty much willful ignorance at this point.

Ah please keep it up you really reinforce what everone knows about the left.

Deflect, distract too many losses for the left piling up!

By the way I would be happy if you could produce one inaccuracy that I have presented. GL!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:

You know it really doesn't matter what Bush said in 2007, when he flip flopped in 2008 and agreed to the timelines.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Very funny thanks for the entertainment, I am not trying to insult you, you are doing a very good job of insulting yourself!

Yeah troop withdrawal in 18 months is a hard timeline and what does "the situation on the ground" mean?
Of course you are trying to insult. That is what every wing-nut does when they lose a debate.

Now, what do you think ""the situation on the ground" means? What does it sound like? Come on, it's not that hard.

Thanks for coming back for one more chicken dance. I didn't think you'd come back with answers, and sure enough, you only came back to dance.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:

Obama set it..

That is correct Bush would not set a time table that the democrats tried to force on him.They in fact tried everything they could to stop the surge which worked.The thing is its not what the liberals wanted and not what the conservatives wanted ;so he is out on a limb by himself on this one except the true beleivers in anything he does.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

The way things are going with decisions being made militarily. It is going to take 18 months to set up shop. Unless the plan is, over the next 18 months, we will trickle 30,000 in, as 30,000 get killed.

All in, or not at all. This Dumbo, is going to get a lot of kids killed, standing in the middle of the road as he is. I really like a leader, that is always thinking overkill, and not half assed, as this inexperienced, corrupt, chump, has done on everything he gets involved with.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
If you turn on FOX, all you'll hear is Republicans criticizing the plan and predicting defeat. That's a funny way to support a war given the fact that two years ago they called anyone making such comments a traitor and unpatriotic. So, what does that make them today? By their own definition it makes them traitors and unpatriotic.

How exactly to you support a war by insisting that it will end in failure????

You are too busy playing "D"s againt the "R"s to see what happened.
the same way harry reid did when he declared we lost in Iraq right before the surge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies