Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How exactly to you support a war by pointing out every theoretical weakness in strategy to show that the effort fail????

If the commanders on the ground say the increase is sufficient, then why to the Republicans feel compelled to go on TV to announce to the whole world, including the enemy, that the United States war strategy is too small, and is going to fail?

Again, it is a very strange way to show support for the military. Very, very strange way, and two years ago the very same people said that anyone making such comments is a traitor and unpatriotic. By their own definition they are a bunch of traitors.

Partisan bickering at its best.
what republicans on what channel can you post a link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
I am telling you that people like you labeled anyone making comments like you are making today a traitor, so that makes you a traitor by your own definition. Sorry. It sucks being a hypocrite doesn't it?
So Russ Feingold is a traitor?
POLITICO 44: Wis. Dem slams war strategy - POLITICO.com

Old 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
You will be doing the Right wing trolls bidding soon enough.
Maybe, maybe not. The righties smelled the blood on this one though!
Looks like a pirhana tank right now.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
"Biggest Bush Lies" ???
How does that translate into Fox = Taliban?
A blogsite is your reference?
To link a (any) cable news network to a terrorist group is a pretty serious charge to try to validate with a site started by a kid in mom's basement with a bag of Doritos in his hand
//www.city-data.com/forum/11858149-post53.html

Blog? I don't think so.
Here, knock yourself out:
Iraq: The War Card - The Center for Public Integrity

Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That looks like a website about Bush.. Not Fox and the Taliban..

But many of the "Bush lies" on the website, are lies themself.. #2
Here, I was replying to a post.
//www.city-data.com/forum/11858149-post53.html

Still can't keep up I see.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:55 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,592 times
Quote:
Sounds like you 'support' the effort in two ways:

1. Criticize the war planners for actually planning a stratergy, as opposed to jumping in without a plan.

2. Finding every imaginable theoretical weakness in the plan and then announce it to the whole world, including the enemy.

3. Keep trying to convince yourself that you don't oppose it, while you clearly do.

4. Keep reminding everyone that Dems oppose the plan
That's 4

Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Of course you are trying to insult. That is what every wing-nut does when they lose a debate.

Now, what do you think ""the situation on the ground" means? What does it sound like? Come on, it's not that hard.

Thanks for coming back for one more chicken dance. I didn't think you'd come back with answers, and sure enough, you only came back to dance.

Ah my friend I have crushed your arguments at every turn, the fact that you cannot comprehend the written word is not my issue!

OK does the situatution on the ground mean that we may add another 30,000 troops? Does it mean we leave no matter what? Maybe we need to add 100,000 troops? You see "situation on the ground" can mean anything.

It is so sad you have not been able to refute a single statement I have made. I know I haven't given you a sporting chance but it has been too much fun.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
That's 4
Does that surprise you? This poster doesn't even know who supports or opposes the build up!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
OK does the situatution on the ground mean that we may add another 30,000 troops? Does it mean we leave no matter what? Maybe we need to add 100,000 troops? You see "situation on the ground" can mean anything.
Quite obviously it means the same thing as in Iraq, that US troops will not be pulled out if the situation is still chaotic. It's common sense, really.

So, why do you support this scenario in iraq, but not in Afghanistan? It's ok, don't answer. Your hypocricy has already been exposed, so there is no need for you to dance more.

From the speech:
Quote:
Taken together, these additional American and international troops will allow us to accelerate handing over responsibility to Afghan forces, and allow us to begin the transfer of our forces out of Afghanistan in July of 2011. Just as we have done in Iraq, we will execute this transition responsibly, taking into account conditions on the ground. We will continue to advise and assist Afghanistan's Security Forces to ensure that they can succeed over the long haul.
Get it?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
You do, because you're here posting.
It has everything to do with the right wing, faux (not news) is imbalanced, they report (not really) of everything they think can be detrimental to the progress President Obama is trying to accomplish.
I will bet you cannot name one good thing they've had to say of our new President.

Troll threads. Yes, there are many started by right wing fanatics at city data, yet when a liberal begins a thread criticizing faux news reporting, it's hatred. True hypocracy at it's best.

Instead of faux patting Obama on the back for giving the general part of what he requested, they have to be negative and report for the taliban. What morons they really are.

I'm waiting for cheee neeee, (cheney) to throw his 2 cents in now.
No, TROLL as someone else pointed out, normally starts a thread, not jumps in and posts just to stir things up, you are closer to a TROLL than anyone else on here. OH well, you have nothing better to do all day, I guess.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies