Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:49 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan has made a statement that the only mistakes made were by his agents. And the Homeland Security committee says they don't need testimony from the social secretary. How is the White House stonewalling anything?

No subpoena for Desiree Rogers - - POLITICO.com

This is how.

"The White House blocked the committee from calling Rogers to the witness table, citing the separation of powers doctrine. Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), the ranking Republican on the panel, has blasted the decision as “stonewalling” and vowed to keep pushing for her appearance."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This is so insane. One of the party crashers shook hands and had a photo op with Obama. This had to have been facilitated by the "social secretary".

What ticks me off is the Secret Service is taking all the blame for this
while Obama protects his own
he closes rank and expects no one to notice
just another example that Obama lied his butt off to get elected
he claimed he was going to be transparent, right.....

Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Does she oversee the secret service?

no, she stands there and checks the guest list
the Secret Service are taking a hit for Obama
these people are trained to take a bullet for the POTUS and what does Obama have the director doing???

Old 12-04-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think Obama is on thin ice with the press over this. The reaction from that Gibbs briefing was shocking. I think the press is turning on the one. I bet they will make her available in some way when all is said and done.

No they will not, that would just show that she dropped the ball and Obama knows it
Gibbs is just a hireling and a total hack job

Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Check out the arrogant buffoon Gibbs. He was somewhat booed with his comment to the journalist.

RealClearPolitics - Video - WH's Gibbs Tells Reporter To "Take A Deep Breath" And "Calm Down"
How patronizing! I wonder if he would have done that if a male reporter asked the question.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,954 times
If this is a surprise to anyone it shouldn't be. The President has a disdain for law enforcement officers that he has already displayed while in office. Why not make them the sacraficial lambs!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't understand the White House stone wall on this one. Aren't we told death threats against the President are up 400% yet they do not want to help protect him. Puzzling.
Another example of being open, accessible and transparent.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Or, maybe it is just this administrations typical reaction to being caught out. Deny, bllock investigation and refuse to discuss uncomfortable circumstances.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Does she oversee the secret service?
No, she supplies the guest list and tells the secret service to let them in. And you don't see a problem with this?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
And I'm sure the health and well-being of the President is high on your list of priorities. It's good to know he has people like you out here worrying about him. This is really quite touching.
I don't wish harm to anyone. You are really a misguided hater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies