Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
And if I'm not comfortable with the concept of beastiality or pedophilia, I shouldn't practice it, but should have no problem with my neighbors doing so, right? Look, I have more of a problem with the radical "LGBT" agenda than I do with homosexuality or bisexuality. Differing forms of sexuality have existed since the dawn of time, but this does not mean that same-sex marriages should be considered legitimate.

And who are you or any other person to decide who can and who can't marry? Personally it seems like you should not be able to decide anything given your neanderthal like comparison of gays and pedophiles. Lets see 2 consenting adults having an adult relationship or a 40 year old man and a 8 year old child? Do you really see no difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,715 times
Marriage is a religious cermony generally accepted as a civil contract. I have an issue with gays who want to get "married". If they want a civil union or contract, I don't care.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
It is sad and strange.

The right is against anything science related....except when THEY NEED IT. Remember stem cell research? Nancy Reagan came out in favor for it AFTER her beloved husband had Alzheimer. Oh yeah. THEN she is for it.

They use cars (engineering-type of science), computers (computer science) to come on this forum and post more trash and propaganda, cell phone (also made by scientific testing), and light bulbs (designed by SCIENCE) as well, get into car accidents and get cured (thanks to MEDICAL SCIENCE) and more!

When they get sick, they will be the first to flock to the doctor who has the cure (thanks to science) and then in the same breathe want to deny other American citizens health care and benefits of science.

Keep on denying science, righties. Keep on denying it.
So very true but not surprising. Its just like the want zero government involvement until they want ban gay marriage and abortion...Then they want the full power to do so.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Marriage is a religious cermony generally accepted as a civil contract. I have an issue with gays who want to get "married". If they want a civil union or contract, I don't care.

No it is not.... I am married. Had nothing to do with religion at all. Many of my friends are married. Nothing religious about it. Its a legal thing that religion want to claim its own. In no way does religion own marriage.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
Quote:
Then how come atheists can get married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
So very true but not surprising. Its just like the want zero government involvement until they want ban gay marriage and abortion...Then they want the full power to do so.
Yep. So hypocritical that I do not even have words for this.

I HATE THE GOVERNMENT! THEY NEED TO STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!.....unless it comes to controlling women or gays.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
The states either need to:

A. Allow same-sex couples to get "married", or

B. Drop the word "marriage" entirely and leave that term for the churches to use.

It's going to be a long, drawn-out process, but it looks like option "A" is going to prevail. (I wish it were option "B", however; it would make things much easier.)

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,801 times
So let's get this "straight"...excuse the pun.
God's law is that homosexuality is some kind of unnatural "sin".
Why are there homosexuals? Did God **** it up when man was created? Was there a malfunction in God's creation of man?
I can hear the religous answer..... God gave us free will....that seems to cover every argument against "God's" hypocricy'
Don't give me this "man was created with free will" B/S because if that is true then homosexuals are ok as they have chosen to use their "free will" and man has no right to discriminate against them. God must be pretty incompetent to have created man to be heterosexual yet homosexuals exist. Homosexuality is a biological trait and not learned. So how did God **** up in such grand style?
Marriage should be a right of everyone.... straight or gay.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:18 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
No it is not.... I am married. Had nothing to do with religion at all. Many of my friends are married. Nothing religious about it. Its a legal thing that religion want to claim its own. In no way does religion own marriage.
No I disagree. It was a religious right (not to be confused with constitutional right) first then it went legal for all sorts of reasons, mostly financial. So it is not religion trying to control fed/states right, but fed/states "borrowing" from the religions. To be honest it does not have to be religious, IMHO, since the gov't stuck its nose into it all.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:23 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So let's get this "straight"...excuse the pun.
God's law is that homosexuality is some kind of unnatural "sin".
Why are there homosexuals? Did God **** it up when man was created? Was there a malfunction in God's creation of man?
I can hear the religous answer..... God gave us free will....that seems to cover every argument against "God's" hypocricy'
Don't give me this "man was created with free will" B/S because if that is true then homosexuals are ok as they have chosen to use their "free will" and man has no right to discriminate against them. God must be pretty incompetent to have created man to be heterosexual yet homosexuals exist. Homosexuality is a biological trait and not learned. So how did God **** up in such grand style?
Marriage should be a right of everyone.... straight or gay.
Sorry free will does not fit your agenda. But just because of that does not make it incorrect. And I have the free will to steal money also. But stealing is still a sin. Your argument doesn't wash. It can corrolate to physics as far as good and bad go. For each action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Just because there are opposites doesn't make God hypocritical.

And marriage is not a right. Show mw where it's brought up in BOR.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post

And marriage is not a right. Show mw where it's brought up in BOR.
I always find it amusing when heteros use this as an argument against gay marriage. As far as I'm concerned, if you're allowed to get married & nothing stands in your way, that's a right that you have. If you weren't allowed to get married, I'm betting you'd feel a heck of a lot different about your argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies