Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It is interesting to read all the criticism of President Obama, criticism that began even before he was inaugurated. He hasn't been in office a year. What basis do you Conservatives have for criticizing him? Isn't it better to judge the effectiveness of a President at the end of his time in office?

For instance, I criticize Bush and the Republican party based on 8 years of Republican performance. You had 8 years to create an environment that fostered economic growth; 8 years to control illegal immigration; 8 years to present a plan for better health care; 8 years to avoid a housing crisis; 8 years to keep foreign labor from displacing qualified American workforce; You had 8 years to deal with out-of-control street gangs; 8 years you had. Your warmongering meant that a trillion dollars would be dumped into a region of the world that you knew nothing about, an effort that was a total failure. The Cartoon Network could do more to influence the ideology of the Islamic fundamentalists than any "shock and awe" display. For 8 years, your warmongering meant that damn near 50 states would go into an economic free fall that is still stinging big time. It is this 8 years that I can unequivocally say, that Republicans don't have a clue and that Bush was the worst ever. EVER.

Obama is not even a year into his 8 years in office. You have no substantive basis to criticize him because his work is not yet completed. Get it? The extraordinary man was handed a shameful Republican mess, where domestic issues across the board were ignored for 8 horrific Republican years.

He is beyond reproach as far as you Regressives are concerned...and don't you forget it either.
everyone has a right to opinions and the make them known. You obviously thought Bush did everything wrong from your comments here, others feel Obama has accomplished nothing and hurt our country. Why do they have to wait 8 years or maybe only 4 to voice thier opinions? Do you think, no one attacked Bush from day one or sooner??\
And this crap about "it isn't his fault" that sounds like a mommy telling the police, about how good her little criminal really is and he was put up to it. Let's not take the blame, it is always someone else's fault.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It is interesting to read all the criticism of President Obama, criticism that began even before he was inaugurated. He hasn't been in office a year. What basis do you Conservatives have for criticizing him? Isn't it better to judge the effectiveness of a President at the end of his time in office?

For instance, I criticize Bush and the Republican party based on 8 years of Republican performance. You had 8 years to create an environment that fostered economic growth; 8 years to control illegal immigration; 8 years to present a plan for better health care; 8 years to avoid a housing crisis; 8 years to keep foreign labor from displacing qualified American workforce; You had 8 years to deal with out-of-control street gangs; 8 years you had. Your warmongering meant that a trillion dollars would be dumped into a region of the world that you knew nothing about, an effort that was a total failure. The Cartoon Network could do more to influence the ideology of the Islamic fundamentalists than any "shock and awe" display. For 8 years, your warmongering meant that damn near 50 states would go into an economic free fall that is still stinging big time. It is this 8 years that I can unequivocally say, that Republicans don't have a clue and that Bush was the worst ever. EVER.

Obama is not even a year into his 8 years in office. You have no substantive basis to criticize him because his work is not yet completed. Get it? The extraordinary man was handed a shameful Republican mess, where domestic issues across the board were ignored for 8 horrific Republican years.

He is beyond reproach as far as you Regressives are concerned...and don't you forget it either.
Though I agree with you on Bush's abysmal record, I have to say that I disagree about waiting until a president is out of office before anyone can criticize him. That is one of the major freedoms we have in this country, the freedom to disagree with our elected officials and voice that disagreement. And, though I voted for the man, I do not consider him to be 'beyond reproach'. I certainly do not agree with everything he's said or done, either since the election or before it.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:10 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,234,548 times
Isn't it better to judge the effectiveness of a President at the end of his time in office?

I didn't see the poll but I voted NO. In the absence of a free press, the citizens must take opposition as their own responsibility.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
These posts are just a fount of hysterical rhetoric and fantasy.

I'm on the floor over here, once again laughing my A** off.
+1

Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Criticism of Obama unjustified until AFTER he leaves office

Absolutely!
It's like going into a garage for a service and telling your mechanic he hasn't done a good job when he has just started the service and only opened the hood and changed the oil.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
What's funnier is the same people ripping Obama are the ones who were saying we need to wait until passing judgement of Bush...

Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times

Criticism of Walmart unjustified until AFTER it goes out of business

There now .. see how easy that is?

Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Bascailly the liberals never stopped complainig of bush. But even nthen Oabam has spent more money on getting nothing done than any president in history.That would be liike having a kid with your credit card and not complaing about it until he grewup;then the judge would look at you and say;your stuipd it seems.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post

Absolutely!
It's like going into a garage for a service and telling your mechanic he hasn't done a good job when he has just started the service and only opened the hood and changed the oil.
Yeah but when he strips your drain plug and spills oil all over your engine compartment, you have a right to speak up.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:31 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
Who gets credit for California?

They've had only 5 Democrat Governors since the late 1890's, so, I guess the shoe fits on the Republican foot.
(since it is always the guy at the tops fault, you know, Obama this and Obama that and Bush this and Bush that even if neither of them had anything to do with it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies