Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You expect me to take your treasure trove of "evidence" as part of some refutation of science and research? Seriously? How can I take stolen emails as a legitimate source? Who on earth does not believe someone who will steal confidential and private correspondence would not also manipulate it?
How they became public is irrelevant , no one is disputing their authenticity. The specualtion is that was inside source and I'm sure if that was the case we'll find out soon enough. It was you that brought "Big Oil" into this and I'm just showing you they play on both teams. Certainly the words from the horses mouth are more reliable than a source lke media matters which has no credibility.

Quote:
As a proud coal burner,

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, shhhhhhhh.

My CO2 footprint not that it's relevant is smaller than most people because I burn coal. The difference being because of the efficiency from source to heat in my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
A climate change denier is a sure sign of an anti scientific mind. It often follows that this is also an anti intellectual mind, the kind that rejects science and quite often embraces religion.
When I watched a TV show on PBS's NOVA about "Intelligent Design on Trial", one of the (actor) scientists said (with a smug face) "intelligent design isn't a science, because it's not testable". I agree with that statement 100%. Evolution was able to be tested against new data and issues not yet discovered during Darwin and the theory held up. Therefore, evolution as a theory becomes more solid as time goes on.

Now we get these scientists to say that "anthropological global warming" is proven fact (NOTE THE WORD "ANTHROPOLOGICAL", not just global warming, OK)? No further discussion. Um, how are we testing that theory? That's right, we CANT, unless we want to wait a 200 years or so or do some planet scale experiments (which is impossible for humans to do). In fact, the latest data ("average global temp") shows that AGW is wrong on all counts and even ALL OF THOSE scientists cannot come up with a rational reason. LOL, some of the pro-AGW scientists are now denying the data (denying the deniers?!?).

Falsifiability, Look it up.

So why do the exact same people laugh "ROTFL, look at those intelligent design dumba$$es, those half-breeds rednecks don't know jack about science" and then turn around and say "well, anthropological global warming MUST be true, even though we cant test it, and we're using sketchy data, and relying on unproven climate models"? Can't these people see they are exactly the same as the people they laugh at?

Better yet, all the recent email revelations show that these so-called scientists are rejecting the global cooling data for the last ten years. Cover it up and ignore it. Some science that is...

In other words, you can't cherry pick and use the scientific method on one thread (intelligent design) and then totally ignore it on another thread (AGW). Lol, however, facts will not stop the AGW religion from rolling on. They have too much political, financial, and intellectual capital invested in the idea.

Last edited by jkbatca; 12-08-2009 at 10:33 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
You expect me to take your treasure trove of "evidence" as part of some refutation of science and research? Seriously? How can I take stolen emails as a legitimate source? Who on earth does not believe someone who will steal confidential and private correspondence would not also manipulate it?
Therefore, you will not believe anything the New York Times writes then, correct (hint: Pentagon Papers)? Or any other MSM outlet that leaks material as well?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:00 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
And for forty years the heretics wandered in the wilderness. Where it got hotter and hotter and hotter...
And for one night in Boulder the "believers" huddled and gathered in long down coats sewn and imported from Malaysia by slave labor, made of polyester, a polymer fabric made with oil and spun on machines made of steel that started out as ore strip-mined from the USA and Russia. The ore was transported by large steel tankers powered by diesel fuel. Those tankers emit more carbon footprint than all the cars in the USA. The ore was processed in huge blast furnaces buring coal to make steel.

The down was obtained by raising animals in captivity, in the most inhumane conditions. Slave labor was also used, as the majority in the garment industry are illegal or exploited.

The cotton in the coat was grown in Texas, using fertizlizer from Monsanto chemical company produced in a fertilzer factory that burns more natural gas than a small city, as fertilizer is very energy intensive to mfg. The cotton "combines" cost hundreds of thousands to build, and burn diesel. Thousands of illegal aliens also toil in the fields, earning slave wages, to keep the price artifically low.

They drove to the rally in Subarus and Toyota Prius' imported from Japan......

Get the point?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
And again, we have a bunch of people who cannot or purposely do not understand that you can eschew the global warming garbage but still be interested in less polluting, more efficient technology.

Some of us don't have to be scared into doing the right thing.
I'm the biggest advocate of your point, actually. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, people who advocate free market solutions seem to also yell "drill, baby, drill" like little children.

I'd be all for your solution. Unfortunately, they're going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies