Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I agree people should always respect others faith and never belittle it or make fun of it. I would never want any person to feel they could not celebrate whatever religion they believe in. In my view I am just happy that people believe in something.

If someone stops talking to you because you are an atheist they are not true Christians nor friends. If I ever stopped talking to everyone in my life that was not Christian I would be a very lonely person. LOL
You know what they say Ms. Cyber Queen.

It is not the QUANTITY of friends. It is the QUALITY. Quite frankly, I could care less what race, sexual orientation, gender, religion you are as long as you are a good friend.

I certainly hope your friends are quality friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 09:42 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You know what they say Ms. Cyber Queen.

It is not the QUANTITY of friends. It is the QUALITY. Quite frankly, I could care less what race, sexual orientation, gender, religion you are as long as you are a good friend.

I certainly hope your friends are quality friends.

I am very blessed I have some wonderful friends. And they are everything from Christians to Muslims, to Hindu, to Buddhists and there is even an atheist in there.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I like how the hack "reporter" who yelled after people, why are you ruining xmas for the kids, we're just trying to protect the children...

People who hide behind that garbage of "it's for the children" are liars and scoundrels.
Funny, I got a rep comment to stick to the EU section for posting this.
What maroons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You don't like or approve of Christmas? Well then I'm certain you are going to insist on going to work that day, turn down any Christmas bonus, refuse any Christmas presents, etc. etc.
What a silly comment.
If the employer closes the business, then you can't go to work on that day. You understand that, don't you?
It's a federal holiday.
I never turn down the chance to not go to work.
How about year-end performance bonuses; just because you call it something, doesn't mean it is so.
Your experience is not necessarily the experience of others.
I never refuse presents. Of course, my friends and I usually donate to food banks or other causes for each other.
How does that have anything to do with celebrating the winter solstice?

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-07-2009 at 10:31 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
You have a lot of learning to do before you compare the taliban to any religion that doesn't shoot rape victims in the head and in front of her kids. And who in their right mind agrees with your disgusting comparison? Oh wait, I saw a bunch. Shame on you all too.

Where was the FORCE TO CELEBRATE? No one was asking any one to wake up on 12/25 and celebrate the birth of Jesus. No one was asking any one to partake in Christmas Eve celebrations.

As long as ALL religions are kept out of public schools, not a problem. No Chanukkah, no Ramadan, no Kwanzaa, no nothing. And NO teaching of ANYTHING that has a religious twinge to it. Sorry, no holocaust teaching, it was a religious plight so..nope. Gotta keep all the crazies equally happy.

And keep all your religion at home, while you're at it. No head-gear allowed in schools either. No days off for anything. You want total separation of religion from state...there you go. And until that happens? Knock it off.
Might want to look up the history of xianity.
Keep it out of public. period. Not just the schools.
So, a proven historical fact can't be taught.
Are you a holocaust denier? Thought you might be.

BTW, nothing in your bible, especially the new testament, has been proven.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Might want to look up the history of xianity.
Keep it out of public. period. Not just the schools.
So, a proven historical fact can't be taught.
Are you a holocaust denier? Thought you might be.

BTW, nothing in your bible, especially the new testament, has been proven.
Stop it you godless pot smoking man hating liberal hippie commie.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Why thank you! You forgot rat at the end of your honorific.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
It wouldn't be xmas without crazy Bill. That was the most bizzare piece of "journalism" I've ever seen. Do you think he EVER get's embarassed by the things he does? I get embarassed FOR him and it's uncomfortable to watch.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:34 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Christmas is the birth of Santa Clause.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:44 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
You forgot hairy armpitted.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It wouldn't be xmas without crazy Bill. That was the most bizzare piece of "journalism" I've ever seen. Do you think he EVER get's embarassed by the things he does? I get embarassed FOR him and it's uncomfortable to watch.
I live in Boston and this was fairly big news up here. Lots of op ed pieces that pointed out the stupidity of what the Chelmsford School committee was doing.
They've been having this holiday sale for decades where kids bring in things to sell in order to raise money. All of a sudden an edict comes down that none of the sale items can have Christmas connotations?
This idea was braindead on arrival. All Bill O did was report on it and Jesse came up here to call them out on it.

Liberals love to celebrate diversity, just as long as it does not include Christians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies