Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Bill O'Reilly has targeted an elementary school in Massachusetts for daring to have a non-religious holiday fair.
source: O'Reilly Ambushes Elementary School For 'War On Christmas' (VIDEO)

Once again a fundamentalist needs to force everyone to celebrate christmas. People can't choose to celebrate the 'holidays' they need to celebrate 'christmas'. Why can't the Christian Al Queda wannabes let people practice their freedom of religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Once again a fundamentalist needs to force everyone to celebrate christmas. People can't choose to celebrate the 'holidays' they need to celebrate 'christmas'. Why can't the Christian Al Queda wannabes let people practice their freedom of religion.
GOOD question man. Why do Christians flip out when Best Buy writes "Happy Eid" in their ad but expect people to say "Merry Christmas" once Thanksgiving is over?

What would people think if I stated saying "Happy Valentines Day" in the start of Feb? Or "Happy Thanksgiving" beginning of November?

The "War on Christmas" is a fraud and fake. Just like the holiday itself.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:35 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
GOOD question man. Why do Christians flip out when Best Buy writes "Happy Eid" in their ad but expect people to say "Merry Christmas" once Thanksgiving is over?

What would people think if I stated saying "Happy Valentines Day" in the start of Feb? Or "Happy Thanksgiving" beginning of November?

The "War on Christmas" is a fraud and fake. Just like the holiday itself.
I think the complaint is that, theres so much focus on attacking Christianity in this country than other religions. So much so that you could consider all other religions as having been treated "specially". The same thing could be said of racism. Theres so much focus on white racists, that when minorities are being racists, most people either don't care, or tell the white boys to just stop crying cause they already have it so good.

As for Christmas, I think the problem has to do with the way we see our democracy. The truth is, the vast majority of Americans are Christians, so if you were to take a poll, Americans would be just fine with putting Christmas everywhere.

The truth is, Christians tend to be overly sympathetic to other cultures, and if Christians would stand up to best buy and tell them that if they didn't put merry christmas on their advertisements we wouldn't shop there. Then Best buy would just do it and stop catering to muslims through happy EID or whatever else they do, because Christians don't complain about it most of the time. Because Christians are told all the time to be "accepting", don't be bigots and racists, because that is the worst crime a white Christian could ever commit.

If the muslims, jews, and atheists don't like it, why are they here?

Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think the complaint is that, theres so much focus on attacking Christianity in this country than other religions. So much so that you could consider all other religions as having been treated "specially". The same thing could be said of racism. Theres so much focus on white racists, that when minorities are being racists, most people either don't care, or tell the white boys to just stop crying cause they already have it so good.

As for Christmas, I think the problem has to do with the way we see our democracy. The truth is, the vast majority of Americans are Christians, so if you were to take a poll, Americans would be just fine with putting Christmas everywhere.

The truth is, Christians tend to be overly sympathetic to other cultures, and if Christians would stand up to best buy and tell them that if they didn't put merry christmas on their advertisements we wouldn't shop there. Then Best buy would just do it and stop catering to muslims through happy EID or whatever else they do, because Christians don't complain about it most of the time. Because Christians are told all the time to be "accepting", don't be bigots and racists, because that is the worst crime a white Christian could ever commit.

Maybe if Christians were not so hypocritical and forceful, no one else would be "attacking" Christianity. I think it is wrong to discriminate against any race. If you are white and being discriminated against, that is WRONG.

Sigh sigh sigh. For the millionth time, Best Buy DOES say Merry Christmas. I work there. I see "Merry Christmas" everyone. I also go to school in Dearborn, MI (biggest Muslim population in the USA). Guess what is all over the Best Buy there? Merry Christmas. They start saying Merry Christmas at the end of NOVEMBER. They wrote "Happy Eid" once in their ad and all the Christians flipped out.

And so what if we are atheists, Muslims, Jews who don't like it? Everyone tells people to just leave. We have freedom of speech too.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Ah, if only the liberals would recognize separation of market and state like they do church and state.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
source: O'Reilly Ambushes Elementary School For 'War On Christmas' (VIDEO)

Obama wants to add a Merry Christmas tax , each time you say it you get a Christ tax ticket to pay.This will cover the cost of the warm feeling Christ brings to the earth.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Maybe if Christians were not so hypocritical and forceful, no one else would be "attacking" Christianity. I think it is wrong to discriminate against any race. If you are white and being discriminated against, that is WRONG.

Sigh sigh sigh. For the millionth time, Best Buy DOES say Merry Christmas. I work there. I see "Merry Christmas" everyone. I also go to school in Dearborn, MI (biggest Muslim population in the USA). Guess what is all over the Best Buy there? Merry Christmas. They start saying Merry Christmas at the end of NOVEMBER. They wrote "Happy Eid" once in their ad and all the Christians flipped out.

And so what if we are atheists, Muslims, Jews who don't like it? Everyone tells people to just leave. We have freedom of speech too.
I don't mind freedom of speech. If they want to separate church and state, thats fine, thats what the country was founded on. On the other hand.. when 80% of the population wants something, I get tired of people complaining about it.

And while I understand that muslims get tired of seeing Christmas stuff everywhere and they complain, and then it is hypocritical for Christians to complain when they see muslim stuff. But at the same time realize, Christians make up the vast majority of the population. If Best Buy wants to sell their goods, they should be pandering to the people who buy their goods. And everyone else should just shut it up. It isn't like Christians care if ANY OF YOU PEOPLE are in this country. True story.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
..bacause
(a) you do not own the damm place , and
(b) we are hoping you will leave.

OP: your headline (The American Taliban: Christian extremist ambushes elementary school for not forcing Christmas on everyone) out-FOXes FOX!!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
..bacause
(a) you do not own the damm place , and
(b) we are hoping you will leave.

OP: your headline (The American Taliban: Christian extremist ambushes elementary school for not forcing Christmas on everyone) out-FOXes FOX!!
Who exactly owns the damn place then? It sure as hell aint muslims or jews, you are here because we are compassionate people who let you live here because we felt sorry for you. So if you hate it so much, maybe you should just go back home.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Who exactly owns the damn place then? It sure as hell aint muslims or jews, you are here because we are compassionate people who let you live here because we felt sorry for you. So if you hate it so much, maybe you should just go back home.

You win - never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies