Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times

Advertisements

Hey its OK..I am a liberal conservative or conservative liberal. I am split down the middle on alot of issues and have voted in the past for both parties candidates HOWEVER...I am kinda ashamed to be known as a democrat or republican. I am an independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Not compatible.

Totally right wing does not equal "socially liberal".
I interpreted the OP as meaning that he/she was socially liberal, but totally fiscally conservative. I don't want to put words in her mouth, but if that's what she meant (and I think it is), then MANY Americans are just the same, so, certainly compatible.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I interpreted the OP as meaning that he/she was socially liberal, but totally fiscally conservative. I don't want to put words in her mouth, but if that's what she meant (and I think it is), then MANY Americans are just the same, so, certainly compatible.
Yes, but they usually say "fiscally conservative, social liberal" or "libertarian" when they mean that.

"Totally right wing" usually is interpreted as both fiscally and socially conservative. Hence the use of "totally".

Old 12-09-2009, 12:18 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I feel like I am becoming more of a "liberal" and I don't know why I have always been sort of socially liberal I guess but a total right wing and I am really going to the other side...what the heck???? Why why???
Is this because of you watching bad liberal media on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and NBC?????
Watch FOX News, CNBC, and Bloombeg for a month and see if you change your mind.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Is this because of you watching bad liberal media on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and NBC?????
Watch FOX News, CNBC, and Bloombeg for a month and see if you change your mind.
Very rarely are people anything like the political party they voted for. That is why I loathe the two-party system in this country. It is the most worthless pile of trash I have ever seen. The only function it serves at all is more a method to punish economic failures of the incumbent party. The media is just more there as a sideshow to blatantly obscur the facts to support their position, and to give us 24/7 sob stories about why Americans are still racists bastards that should give illegal aliens amnesty.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:31 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
I feel like I am becoming more of a "liberal" and I don't know why I have always been sort of socially liberal I guess but a total right wing and I am really going to the other side...what the heck???? Why why???
Why? Because I'm becoming more conservative and the universe is always trying to balance itself.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:35 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Hey its OK..I am a liberal conservative or conservative liberal. I am split down the middle on alot of issues and have voted in the past for both parties candidates HOWEVER...I am kinda ashamed to be known as a democrat or republican. I am an independent.
This what Obama needs to do ASAP on order to get reelected!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I've never been a Dem or Rep. I always thought of myself as American.

Never listen to a politician campaign!
Research their past, to get an informed decision!!!!!!
Sadly, I suspect that is too much work for the average voter. As a basic rule, less than (fewer than) 60% actually show up to vote.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Hurry!!!! Take a pill before it's to late...LOL....I'm liberal on somethings.....

Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
This poster has it right. Don't blindly support a party. Its about the issues. I recommend you do what I do and become an independent and try to take the middle path whenever possible. I understand thought that after Bush and with the threat of Palin you moving away from the Republican party.
you, middle path, you must be joking!!! You might be registered as an independent but I haven't seen too many any more to the left or put it this way, too many that hate Republicans than you..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies