Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:03 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
So, you are stating that 'assault' does not constitute a victimization? Inside a thread about an assault on whites by blacks, which you earlier vehemently attacked as 'verification of the danger to whites posed by blacks'?

I thought you were smarter than that. You dont see the hypocrisy to your own commentary?

You are really falling apart here. You are roughly correct abou the NUMBER (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/offenses_reported/violent_crime/murder.html - broken link)of homicides, but make the assumption that ALL were done by blacks (not the first time youve done that). Only 5,600 of those murders were from blacks. (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_04/offenses_reported/violent_crime/murder.html - broken link) 5,600 out of 16,000 is not 'most'. Its not even 1/3rd.

Try again.
I'm amazed by how you can keep reading things and coming away with something other than what was said. I didn't say that most of the murders were committed by blacks. I said that 36% were. What I said was that most of the murders that were committed by blacks were perpetrated against other blacks. Read the post again!

My point about simple assault was that it is not a violent crime. Seventy four percent of your hate crimes were non-violent crimes. Again, read the post more carefully.

- Reel

Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I'm amazed by how you can keep reading things and coming away with something other than what was said. I didn't say that most of the murders were committed by blacks. I said that 36% were. What I said was that most of the murders that were committed by blacks were perpetrated against other blacks. Read the post again!
You implied it. And not just here. Its the main point of this thread. This isnt the first time we've had this talk Reelist.

Quote:
My point about simple assault was that it is not a violent crime. Seventy four percent of your hate crimes were non-violent crimes. Again, read the post more carefully.

- Reel
Where do you get that Assault is non-violent?

Old 12-10-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
You implied it. And not just here. Its the main point of this thread. This isnt the first time we've had this talk Reelist.

Where do you get that Assault is non-violent?
No I didn't even imply it. I specifically said that blacks committed 36% of the murders. How does that imply that blacks committed most of them?

Not assault, my friend. Simple assult. Simple assualt is non-violent. Seventy four percent of the hate crimes were non-violent. It's right on the page that you referenced.

All you have to do is read these things. Read them again.

- Reel

Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 PM

487 posts, read 636,483 times
The poor white man is so oppressed.

/sarcasm

Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Not assault, my friend. Simple assult. Simple assualt is non-violent. Seventy four percent of the hate crimes were non-violent. It's right on the page that you referenced.

- Reel
Criminal Law - Model Penal Code and Commentaries - ALI Catalog

?? Again, where are you getting that assault is nonviolent?

Quote:
Modern American statutes define assault as:
an attempt to cause or purposely, knowingly, or recklessly causing bodily injury to another; or,
negligently causing bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon.
Assault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-10-2009, 01:23 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
What ever happened with the alleged 4th of July Akron hate crime? I always thought that story was fishy.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Simple assault is non-violent. This is from the page that you referenced:

"Simple assault can be distinguished without the intent of injury upon another person. Simple assault can consist simply of the violation of one's personal space or touching in a way the victim deemed inappropriate. It is important to note, however, that in common law states an assault is not committed by merely, for example, swearing at another; without some evidence of a threat of battery, there can be no assault."

Simple assault is basically making a threat and being in a position to carry it out. If you are charged with 'simple assault' then you have not been charged with a violent crime. In many states you can be charged with simple assault for yelling at someone.

Read the page you referenced again. I would suggest a slower, more careful reading. I think it might help with the comprehension.

- Reel

Old 12-10-2009, 01:35 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Oooh oooh can I play the be intentionally obtuse game??

I can't believe you are saying murder isn't a violent crime.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oooh oooh can I play the be intentionally obtuse game??

I can't believe you are saying murder isn't a violent crime.
I don't think Tindo knows the difference between assault or aggravated assault and simple assault. I'm suggesting that he re-read the page that he referenced. It's all in there. Knowledge to be gained by reading as long as there is comprehension involved.

- Reel

Old 12-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Simple assault is non-violent. This is from the page that you referenced:

"Simple assault can be distinguished without the intent of injury upon another person. Simple assault can consist simply of the violation of one's personal space or touching in a way the victim deemed inappropriate. It is important to note, however, that in common law states an assault is not committed by merely, for example, swearing at another; without some evidence of a threat of battery, there can be no assault."

- Reel
Fair enough. Here (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/data/table_02.html - broken link)is a direct postof the sites numbers.

So, I will admit, I was wrong about the black murder to white violent-hate crime. I was not on black murder to white hate crime as a whole (my initial statement).

Now, you were saying-

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelist in atlanta

No I don't mean all blacks. In fact I'm not even talking about most blacks. At most I'm talking about maybe 25% or 30% of blacks but I have no real idea of the exact number. It just seem like a lot.

Special note for Tindo:

'a lot' does not mean all or even most.

Tindo needs special education here on CD. We can call it the 'Tindo disclaimer'.
As BnP essentially stated where are you getting numbers that 30% of blacks have/will/or are likely to attack or commit a hate crime against whites?

Especially when, as posted by me and even quasi-referenced by you, the overwhelming majority of hate crimes are aimed at blacks (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/victims.html - broken link), and committed by whites? (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/offenders.html - broken link) (Though that number changes when hispanics are factored in as 'not white')
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies