Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 02:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Frankly I think people need to start using updated crime statistics.

Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_43.html - broken link)

Table 49 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_49.html - broken link)

Table 55 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_55.html - broken link)

Table 61 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_61.html - broken link)

From the tables which use 2008 data the fact is that white males commit most of the crime in the USA.

• Arrests of males accounted for the following: 75.5 percent of all persons arrested; 81.7 percent of persons arrested for violent crime; and 65.2 percent of persons arrested for property crime.
  • In 2008, 69.2 percent of all persons arrested were white; 28.3 percent were black; and the remaining 2.4 percent were of other races.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
We may be a mixture of many European ethnicities, but the mixtures we are are mostly from similar backgrounds. And there had already been a decent amount of mixing in Europe before people even came to America.

The United States may be a powerful nation, but do you really consider us great? People say we are the richest nation, which is based off the size of our economy. But we also have about 5 times the population of France, 4 times the population of Germany, and both of those countries have larger per capita GDP's than us.

If you think that wealthy and powerful makes great, then India and China are soon to be much "Greater" than the United States. But would you consider them to be great countries?

America is on the decline, and here is a good reason why.

usa_f

You keep wanting to downplay the differences in genetics. There are vast differences if you would actually do some research. The truth is, there is absolutely no benefit in mixing races, on the other hand, there are many many reasons why it is not a good idea. The problem people have more than anything is, they just don't believe it is anyones right to tell someone who they can and can't marry. If we started regulating it, where would it end? It could turn into a full-blown Nazi eugenics program, and the extermination of millions or even billions.

Here is a simple example of racial differences of crime, it is from a government website.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link)

And according to GOVERNMENT websites, Blacks commit 52.2% of all murders in this country, yet they are less than 13% of the entire population. Whites commit 45.8% of all murders and are 82% of the entire population.

Most of the websites I utilize sift through hundreds of pages of data, then they take that data and interpret it to put up on their websites to make their case. You may disagree with the data, but it doesn't make it inaccurate, and it doesn't make the sources unreputable.

You are told all the time about all the attrocities that happened under Jim Crow and during the civil rights movement are absolutely terrible, and they were. But I think people are ignoring the facts.

"There were 522 murders in which Blacks killed Whites (60.8% of interracial murders) and 228 murders in which Whites killed Blacks (26.5%). The average Black was 14.1 times more likely to kill a White than the reverse (in a one-on-one situation). "

"These breathtaking disparities began to emerge in the mid-1960s, when there was a sharp increase in black crime against whites, an upsurge which, not co-incidentally, corresponds exactly with the beginning of the modern civil rights movement.

Over time, the cumulative effect has been staggering. Justice Department and FBI statistics indicate that between 1964 and 1994 more than 25 million violent inter-racial crimes were committed, overwhelmingly involving black offenders and white victims, and more than 45,000 people were killed in inter-racial murders. By comparison, 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam, and 34,000 were killed in the Korean War."

Curtmaynardsnewestblog: Interracial Crime Statistics Actual Rates Shocking

Race and Crime in the USA

I am pretty sure they have more than made up for anything us whites ever did to them.

I realize that there are Asian gangs, so what? I am not saying everyone is perfect, no one is perfect. But some people are statistically better than others.

Think about when you apply for a job, you want to dress nicely, you load your resume, and you are very attentive and polite. Employers might have dozens of applicants for a job. They pick the candidate that is statistically most propable of being the best employee. That doesn't mean that they always get the best guy, I doubt they do. I am sure there are people that walk into an interview room with basically no formal education, with jeans and a t-shirt on, that might do a much better job.

What has gone wrong with this country is, there is such a concerted effort into being politically correct that no one uses their brains. With all that political correctness you get affirmative action and other anti-discrimination legislation, we no longer decide anything based on credentials anymore.

We keep inviting in more and more people that want to hurt us, and we give them jobs and money, and we ignore them when they are raping and killing us, and make excuses for them. People have lost their minds.
Your stats on crime are off.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:56 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Frankly I think people need to start using updated crime statistics.

Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_43.html - broken link)

Table 49 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_49.html - broken link)

Table 55 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_55.html - broken link)

Table 61 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_61.html - broken link)

From the tables which use 2008 data the fact is that white males commit most of the crime in the USA.

• Arrests of males accounted for the following: 75.5 percent of all persons arrested; 81.7 percent of persons arrested for violent crime; and 65.2 percent of persons arrested for property crime.
  • In 2008, 69.2 percent of all persons arrested were white; 28.3 percent were black; and the remaining 2.4 percent were of other races.
I don't even understand your point. So 28.3% of all crimes were commited by blacks, you do realize they are less than 13% of the population? So they are more than twice as likely to commit crimes than any other ethnic group. And asians who are about 5% of the population are commiting less than 2.4% of all crimes(at least half as many as their numbers would suggest).

Thank you for finding those statistics, they proved my case.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:59 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes I am, as well as other gangs. I just avoid areas that I know are gang infested.

I was close to being a victim to cholo gang violence two years back.
What happened if I may ask? I am latino so cholos generally don't do anything when they ask where I am from: "earth" There have been gang fights in high school but mostly in the park after school. They will steal your bike or try to if they can. Real low-life.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:02 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What happened if I may ask? I am latino so cholos generally don't do anything when they ask where I am from: "earth" There have been gang fights in high school but mostly in the park after school. They will steal your bike or try to if they can. Real low-life.
I was on my way home and some cholos pulled up in a car with a gun, demanding I give them what I got. I had nothing but drinks.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
I don't even understand your point. So 28.3% of all crimes were commited by blacks, you do realize they are less than 13% of the population? So they are more than twice as likely to commit crimes than any other ethnic group. And asians who are about 5% of the population are commiting less than 2.4% of all crimes(at least half as many as their numbers would suggest).

1. Poverty is a much bigger contributing factor than race.

2. You have no point in being against interracial marriage, other than being an ignorant racist.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
You are wasting your time trying to make liberals believe there are racial differences in this world. They are convinced that Race is only a few alleles that control skin pigment.

You could post up a billion pages that assert the huge racial differences with absolute scientific proof. They would just classify it all as racism and fabricated by some White Nationalist Nazi organization. Every policy the liberals push in our society is based on the false notion that, racism should not exist since races are all the same. For a liberal to admit that races are different, would be equal to liberals admitting they were wrong.
The funny thing is when right wing extremists like yourself are given scientific evidence that refutes your claims, you will simply claim it's "liberal" or the liberal bias is applied rather than refute those claims on their own merits. That's your answer for everything. If well regarded journal or organization opposes your view, you will claim they are biased. Case in point, physicians and all the major psychiatric organizations deny that homosexuality is a form of psychosis or paraphelia. When faced with this fact, Right wing members simply claim the medical organizations are influenced by liberals. You don't refute their statements with evidence from well respected medical journals or scientific journals like Lancet. You will quote some obscure and uncredible web site or some obscure group that has credible sounding name but in actuality are not reputable.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:

Because males committed 75% of all crime in the USA do you think it's time to start putting some restrictions on males in the USA?

Because of their sex they seem to be predisposed to commit crimes.

From those statistics I'd be less fearful of a female than a male in society.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. Poverty is a much bigger contributing factor than race.

2. You have no point in being against interracial marriage, other than being an ignorant racist.
Look, I understand poverty and crime, but as a total group there are more whites in poverty than there are blacks in poverty. There are more whites on welfare than blacks on welfare. Yet, blacks commit more murders every year than white. So while it might have an impact, it still doesn't explain the differences.

In fact, even though Asians are the wealthiest race in this country overall, the percentage of asians in poverty is higher than the percentage of whites in poverty.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link)

It does me absolutely no good to argue with you about these things, because you already have your mind made up. And I totally understand, talking about race seemingly does no good. It just creates racism and hatred, and possibly even another holocaust. But at the same time, I am worried about the effects of ignoring genetics also. And I think there has been such a concerted effort to hide any proof of genetic differentiation by political correctness, that we are actually slowing down any progress we might have otherwise made.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because males committed 75% of all crime in the USA do you think it's time to start putting some restrictions on males in the USA?

Because of their sex they seem to be predisposed to commit crimes.

From those statistics I'd be less fearful of a female than a male in society.
You are right, sometimes I wonder if in the future there will be no men. They can now fertilize a females egg with the dna of another female. There is no technical necessity for having men at all.

In fact I read an article talking about how women are physically aroused by seeing both men and women. That basically, all women could potentially be lesbians. But men on the other hand are usually only aroused by one sex or the other(except bi).

Maybe the world would be better off without men. I would be ok with having that debate at least. I am not naive like some people, who just want to ignore any differences between sexes or races, to the point that I want to intentionally stay ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies