Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 09:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Everyone in this country is more likely to be a victim of a crime because there are certain minorities. In all honesty, the same can be said about all ethnic groups in this country minus asians. Because asians are the most outstanding group of people in the world.

The rest of us should be ashamed, and some of us should be far more ashamed than others.

Yeah. That Mao and that Pol Pot, boy were they helluva guys.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Things along the lines of concentration where people live combined with poverty are also part of it. You are more likely to see violent crime in poor areas where people live in close proximity to each other.
Look, there is not a single city in the top 100 safest cities that has even the average population of blacks(13%). Like Frankie said, I am sure you can find many many cities in the southwest with high poverty and high amounts of hispanics, and it just does not follow the same trends as places like Atlanta, Detroit, and Baltimore.

In fact, San Antonio is a very safe city, but it is 60% hispanic.

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit05pop.htm

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you to admit to yourself that you are a racist?
I can understand why you might see me as a racist. But honestly, I think there are a few flaws in your diagnosis of me. I don't advocate extermination of any groups. I don't believe any one group is better than all other groups at everything. But I also know from scientific evidence that people are very different, even within the same race there are extreme differences. But the one difference I worry most about is intelligence, and I worry about the general dumbing down of the world, even within our own races. The least successful people(usually also the least intelligent) are having the most children, and the more successful people(usually the most intelligent) are having the least children.

I believe this country would be FAR better off having a single culture, single religion, single ethnic background. We would be happier, safer, more stable, and most likely more prosperous. The idea of multi-culturalism is detrimental to our way of life. And I think other countries would also be better off under the same practice. Basically I think we should be more like Japan, a great trading nation, that invests in technology and innovation, and in doing so become extremely rich. But block all immigration. Japan has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Most won't admit that they are. If they hold racist beliefs, they should return to KKKfront.
The problem with stormfront is that there are too many people who have no basis in their feelings of hate. There are some who are very intelligent and do a lot of debating. But too much of it is just this unguided belief that white skin automatically makes someone superior to anyone who doesn't. They don't seem to have much respect for Asians over there either. And they are as bad at ignoring the high IQ results of jews and asians because they don't like them, as you people are at ignoring the low IQ results for africans because you feel sorry for them.

They are as defensive of whites and crime compared to east asians as the people here are defensive about blacks and crime. A billion excuses, but not a simple person presenting a plan to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
1. A rape of a white woman is more than likely to be reported
2. How about that blacks are more likely to be caught than any other group?
3. How about the disparities in the judical sysem?
what about the statistic that blacks are more likely to be jailed than any
other race?
Since you are on this "statistics kick" why are whites 100 times more likely to commit mas s murder and white collared crimes? So keep your "selective statistics" to yourself because they mean very little in the big piture
Ok listen, everyone reports a murder, and black commit more murders than the entire rest of the country combined. And people don't "get off" of murder because of any unfair judicial system.

Do you mean whites are more likely to be serial killers overall or as a percentage of their population? Because blacks are more likely to be a serial killer in this country based on their population size.

And white collar crime? African-Americans are also far above their numbers(Remember they are only 13% of the population).

New media lie: Black serial killers only kill other black people.

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Is this historical data or is it modern day data?
What are the causes and affects of this "study"?
Does this include the time period where whitemen were raping black women and girls? does it included the many unsolved murders and lynchings of the time prior to the 1970s?
What locations are they quoting from? Meaning if one black murdered/rape someone in a place where there are only small number of people would'nt the number be higher? (ratio/number of people)
We can talk about "a long time ago" if you want. How far back do you want to go? We can redirect the conversation to something that has no basis in our current world. How about the crusades? The holocaust? Slavery? European colonialization? Apartheid? The Spanish inquisition? The mongolian empire? The roman empire? The muslim conquest of Europe and North Africa? The expulsion of the jews from Palestine?

There are a million bad things that happened in "the past". We need to learn from them rather than make people eternal victims. We also mistreated the asians that came here, they seem to be doing just fine now? And asians are about 5% of the population, blacks are 12.5%. The asians are doing a hell of a lot better than the Mexicans, who were never in slavery.

So lets keep making excuses and feeling sorry for everyone, it has been doing wonders so far.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 12-14-2009 at 10:20 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Why are some people opposed to inter-racial marriage? Where I live it seems everyone is a combination of races & no one cares. My heritiage of Puerto Rican on my dad's side & anglo & Mexican on my mom's side. I've got cousins who are mostly latino & cousins who are mostly anglo. It really is spliting hairs.

Why would someone not like me because I am mostly rican? What did I do for you to hate me? I treat people with respect esp women regardless of race & people respond positively. I like living in a state that is majority latino because all the hang-up over race don't apply. No one cares. Being part Puerto Rican means I have black blood also. I am thrilled and hope I can be an NBA great someday [though unlikely since I am only 5'7" & barely 140 lbs]. But the point is that I am proud of who I am & certainly don't want to frighten anyone [esp women ]

Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Why are some people opposed to inter-racial marriage? Where I live it seems everyone is a combination of races & no one cares. My heritiage of Puerto Rican on my dad's side & anglo & Mexican on my mom's side. I've got cousins who are mostly latino & cousins who are mostly anglo. It really is spliting hairs.

Why would someone not like me because I am mostly rican? What did I do for you to hate me? I treat people with respect esp women regardless of race & people respond positively. I like living in a state that is majority latino because all the hang-up over race don't apply. No one cares. Being part Puerto Rican means I have black blood also. I am thrilled and hope I can be an NBA great someday [though unlikely since I am only 5'7" & barely 140 lbs]. But the point is that I am proud of who I am & certainly don't want to frighten anyone [esp women ]
It isn't a matter of hate, in large parts its just incompatible cultural differences. But also, there are many questions about genetic differences too.

Look at it like this. Japan, China, and Korea are all very similar genetically. But all three of these countries have very strict immigration laws, because they want to stay culturally separate. The south Koreans don't hate the Japanese, they are just both very proud of their own cultures and are proud of their country and language. They can trade with each other without having to completely mix the populations of the two countries together until they both lose their cultures. Japan is an extremely safe country, and they can thank a vast majority of that safeness to homogeneity. Imagine if the United States had absolutely no racism. Imagine the United States without white flight, racial oppression, affirmative action, constant cases of discrimination poluting the media. No race riots, no rodney kings, no hatred.

It would be like heaven on earth.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
What is "white"? Latino is also "white" though not anglo. Trying to be racial pure is scary and impossible for most people. White people [esp in the South] are afraid of others. That's their problem that they need to get over.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What is "white"? Latino is also "white" though not anglo. Trying to be racial pure is scary and impossible for most people. White people [esp in the South] are afraid of others. That's their problem that they need to get over.

Dude, Latinos are not a white ethnic group. Some Latinos are not white (including yourself) and some are. You should know that we come in all types.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Dude, Latinos are not a white ethnic group. Some Latinos are not white (including yourself) and some are. You should know that we come in all types.
On government statistics, all hispanics/latinos are considered white. On certain statistics they also break down non-hispanic whites, white-hispanics, and just plain hispanic.

White-hispanics are more from like central Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Chile, and Spain itself. Northern Mexico, much of central America, and some of South America are much darker.

This is a picture of Fidel Castro. He is actually lighter skinned than I am.

http://www.poderpolitico.net/wp-cont...astro_dead.jpg

Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
On government statistics, all hispanics/latinos are considered white. On certain statistics they also break down non-hispanic whites, white-hispanics, and just plain hispanic.

White-hispanics are more from like central Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Chile, and Spain itself. Northern Mexico, much of central America, and some of South America are much darker.

This is a picture of Fidel Castro. He is actually lighter skinned than I am.

http://www.poderpolitico.net/wp-cont...astro_dead.jpg
Wrong. Most are considered white in official government statistics, but some are not.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Wrong. Most are considered white in official government statistics, but some are not.
Almost all crime statistics do not differentiate between whites and hispanics. Exhibit A.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link)

The census bureau statistics on the other hand do differentiate between whites and hispanics. And there are a couple other organizations that do make distinctions.

Trust me, I spend a lot of time looking up statistics and it pisses me off how difficult it is to find crime differences between whites and hispanics, and on top of that, differences between blacks and whites without lumping the slightly higher crimes of hispanics in with whites. The reason they include hispanics with whites is because hispanic doesn't mean anything about AMERICA. Spanish people from Spain are technically hispanics, because they come from hispaniola, which is anyone from the iberian peninsula(which would also include portugese).

Look at all the statistics on this page, the majority of them have no hispanics as a separate category. It is very hard to find crime statistics that differentiate between whites and hispanics.

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
According to the American Community Survey, 54% of Hispanics are White, but according to the Population Estimates Program that figure rises to 92%. One reason is the inability to choose "Other".

So yes, most are considered White, but the data collection is somewhat flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies