Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:46 PM

433 posts, read 261,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,
Devil has used sex from the beginning to destroy many good works of GOD, there is nobody getting by with anything. No cover up included. Now this abuse has been discovered in school, churches and many other areas.
People need to take off the blinders and and see the systems of sexual abuse around them. and take action, not bury there heads. It all gets discovered sooner or later.
Be Blessed

If no body is getting by why is benedict still the pope? why are not all the priests and others involved incarcerated? Sure seems like getting by to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
thats a very easy excuse to overlook travesty. Did you read any of the articles? Its a govenment based investigation that was done. Do you deny it happened?
Yes, I read the artical and I read it a little differently then you did: they were accused, but not found guilty or maybe I missed that part. Do you remember the La Cross tean at Duke for starters? In our country people are innocent until proven otherwise plus I learned many years ago not to believe everything I read. I am not a strong supporter of the Catholic church, I have a problem with priests not being able to marry or any religious group taking orders from 1 person, but I also do not believe 45% of all priest are child molesters as you would like us to believe...

I am not a supporter of the Mormon church either, but I do not think all Mormon men believe in having several wives.

We could take pieces of any religion and find fault. How about the religious nuts, not Catholic than molest young children in the name of God. Of course they are nuts and God did not tell them to do what they do..

I will say, I am not going to discuss this with you any further, why? you have an axe to grind and an intelligent debate is not going to happen..
Nita

Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes, I read the artical and I read it a little differently then you did: they were accused, but not found guilty or maybe I missed that part. Do you remember the La Cross tean at Duke for starters? In our country people are innocent until proven otherwise plus I learned many years ago not to believe everything I read. I am not a strong supporter of the Catholic church, I have a problem with priests not being able to marry or any religious group taking orders from 1 person, but I also do not believe 45% of all priest are child molesters as you would like us to believe...

I am not a supporter of the Mormon church either, but I do not think all Mormon men believe in having several wives.

We could take pieces of any religion and find fault. How about the religious nuts, not Catholic than molest young children in the name of God. Of course they are nuts and God did not tell them to do what they do..

I will say, I am not going to discuss this with you any further, why? you have an axe to grind and an intelligent debate is not going to happen..
Nita

Ok so a full blown government investigation and report is false ? A report that shows over 30 years of child abuse being covered up to save face.

Of course you don't believe all mormons take several wives....perhaps because only fundamentalist mormons practice polygamy and not the rest?

Of course you can fault any religion....does this make what happened here any better in any way?

This is much different than the lacrosse case. This has been investigated not just alleged.

The common excuse of not being able marry holds no water. Get a hooker don't molest kids.

This has nothing to do with grinding an axe...it has to do talking about realities of child sexual abuse and another huge cover up which involves the biggest leader of the catholic church alive.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:12 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
You who are without sin can cast the first stone. Why is it that when a Priest does wrong it makes the first page of every news paper, but a clergy from any other religion might get mentioned in a single column on the last page.

The answer should be obvious. Christianity (in the western world at least) has the largest number of adherents and wields the most power via the Vatican -not to mention of course that pedophilia is a crime of the most heinous variety compounded by the fact that the perpertators are supposedly "God's representatives on Earth". Can you Imagine the mind f-ck this would do to a child? The crime is sensationalist by nature and will make the front page every time as it well should.

A question for you: why aren't you as outraged? Why are you instead focused on a perceived (read illusory) bias against the Catholic church?

An even more important question: why are all these ecclesiastical perverts getting away with this sh-t over and over again?

Last edited by Zekester; 12-15-2009 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 12-15-2009, 04:34 PM

805 posts, read 774,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
I know this came out a few weeks ago but it is truly disturbing. The church and police worked together to keep physical and sexual abuse of children under wraps.

" The report details the cases of 46 priests guilty of abuse as a representative sample of 102 priests within its remit. But it concludes that there was no evidence of an organised paedophile ring in the Dublin archdiocese, although it says there were worrying connections. One priest admitted abusing more than 100 children. Another said he had committed abuse every two weeks for more than 25 years."

Irish church and police covered up child sex abuse, says report | World news | guardian.co.uk

'Irish Church accused of abuse cover-up ' by BBC - RichardDawkins.net

This is not the first time and it goes all the to the top. I find it disgraceful and think anyone involved should be imprisoned as they are a threat to children.
Bash...bash...bash

I didn't think that Catholic Church bashing was still allowed?!
Sexual abuse of children is wrong, ask any atheist NAMBLA practitioner.
Sexual abuse occurs in every strata of society but it seems that the Catholic Church is everybody's favorite whipping boy!

How very old. How very tiresome. How very...not original....Zzzzz.....

Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,316,181 times
In general, I've noticed Catholics tend to be more secular than Baptists in general. I know the official Catholic authorities state one thing (University of Notre Dame, the Pope) but the actual Catholics themselves often disagree with their authorities and are much more laid back. Whereas Baptists, Mormons, Church of Christ etc tend to seem more brainwashed and adhere to the official mantra endorsed by their leadership. When I hear that someone is Southern Baptist, the first thing I think of is Evangelical until they prove otherwise. With Catholics, it's the opposite and I assume they are not an Evangelical until they prove otherwise because most Catholics I've met don't seem that strict.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:09 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,550,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Bash...bash...bash

Sexual abuse occurs in every strata of society but it seems that the Catholic Church is everybody's favorite whipping boy!

Yeah... so boring... so old hat. It's just inter-generational institutionalized child rape. Lets move on to something that actually matters.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Bash...bash...bash

How is it bashing??? It pointing out a huge cover up of child molestation. Does that not enrage you? Why do you just defend this saying its bashing? It's heinous and even more heinous that higher ups in the church protect pedophiles. It has little to do with catholics and much to do with 45% of surveyed priests being child abusers. You cannot deflect that by saying the word atheist.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
In general, I've noticed Catholics tend to be more secular than Baptists in general. I know the official Catholic authorities state one thing (University of Notre Dame, the Pope) but the actual Catholics themselves often disagree with their authorities and are much more laid back. Whereas Baptists, Mormons, Church of Christ etc tend to seem more brainwashed and adhere to the official mantra endorsed by their leadership. When I hear that someone is Southern Baptist, the first thing I think of is Evangelical until they prove otherwise. With Catholics, it's the opposite and I assume they are not an Evangelical until they prove otherwise because most Catholics I've met don't seem that strict.

what does that have to do with a molestation of children cover up?

Old 12-16-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Yeah... so boring... so old hat. It's just inter-generational institutionalized child rape. Lets move on to something that actually matters.

I just dont get how people can defend this in anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies