Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,857,820 times

Advertisements

Having strong gun control would be like cutting some of these men's D*cks off. Controling guns would probably save many lives but this stupid " it will leave the guns in the hands of the criminals" argument seems to outweigh common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 05:50 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,323,012 times

The evidence is irrefutable.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are going after the bullets you people. Buy as many guns as you want..you can't shoot squat without bullets. They will get their gun control..just by other means.
Yeah you tell them!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:09 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,368,221 times
Hmmm, first heard of it. I did note thought that it's NOT a national level law but simply one in Massachusetts - passed 36-0 though and is meant as a means of preventing chaos in the event of a serious pandemic. The way the law is worded I don't see anything wrong with it and think you are simply freaking out about nothing (just like the "they are taking our guns away" lunatics are). Just more silly and ignorant fear-mongering on your part. ANY law can be abused of course - but I've yet to see these laws used for any nefarious purpose anywhere I've ever lived. If the government wanted to abuse the laws there are plenty of laws already on the books that they could used to do so (things like the RICO laws or existing anti-terror legislation).

Martial Law preparations need to be in place in case of a severe emergency - and are used on a small scale from time to time during events such as severe hurricanes or events like the Watts Riots. Nothing wrong with that - it's a necessary function of government from time to time - part of what's needed to keep looters, rapists and murderers from taking advantage of a crises. In this case it's to prevent a deadly disease from killing mass numbers of people - nothing wrong with that - local Martial Law is imposed from time to time during such disasters and yet you and I still free to do pretty much whatever we want just as we always have. This particular flu turned out to be largely overblown - but there ARE diseases out there (such as Ebola for example) that COULD be catastrophic if they got a foothold.

Again, just a lot of stupid and ignorant fear-mongering.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 12-11-2009 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,796,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Hmmm, first heard of it. I did note thought that it's NOT a national level law but simply one in Massachusetts - passed 36-0 though and is meant as a means of preventing chaos in the event of a serious pandemic. The way the law is worded I don't see anything wrong with it and think you are simply freaking out about nothing (just like the "they are taking our guns away" lunatics are). Just more silly and ignorant fear-mongering on your part. ANY law can be abused of course - but I've yet to see these laws used for any nefarious purpose anywhere I've ever lived. If the government wanted to abuse the laws there are plenty of laws already on the books that they could used to do so (things like the RICO laws or existing anti-terror legislation).

Martial Law preparations need to be in place in case of a severe emergency - and are used on a small scale from time to time during events such as severe hurricanes or events like the Watts Riots. Nothing wrong with that - it's a necessary function of government from time to time - part of what's needed to keep looters, rapists and murderers from taking advantage of a crises. In this case it's to prevent a deadly disease from killing mass numbers of people - nothing wrong with that - local Martial Law is imposed from time to time during such disasters and yet you and I still free to do pretty much whatever we want just as we always have. This particular flu turned out to be largely overblown - but there ARE diseases out there (such as Ebola for example) that COULD be catastrophic if they got a foothold.

Again, just a lot of stupid and ignorant fear-mongering.

Ken

well i think ignorant people are the ones who attack the person giving his opinion on a topic but not focusing on just attacking the topic...i take your personal attack with a grain of salt...because there are plenty of internet gangstas and tough guys out there on the computer. IS it really fear mongering? i think it is being prepared...im sure there where many people during Hitler's time who wish they would have been prepared ...who's to say history can't repeat itself..one minute they ban one thing and ten years down the road it opens the door to do this all over because they did it before and made the public used to it through those years

Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,401,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Having strong gun control would be like cutting some of these men's D*cks off. Controling guns would probably save many lives but this stupid " it will leave the guns in the hands of the criminals" argument seems to outweigh common sense.
Where do criminals get their guns? From breaking into houses with guns. From kicking the butts of egomaniacs who carry them. From stealing them from the supply chain to stores. From dishonest gun dealers.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
per OP
i dont see that here at all.
ammo has never been this hard to obtain.
cops are asking at times do you own a firearm.
i respectfully disagree.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:29 AM

433 posts, read 261,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Watch what you wish for. There are still three more years left of these dopes. First they have to finish ruining health care, and implementing the huge taxes coming to pay for the cap and trade nonsense,
and when we squawk loud enough to worry them they will be after the guns to save us from ourselves.

unless you much better options than palin, mccain, giuliani its 7 more years

Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 AM

433 posts, read 261,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The evidence is irrefutable.
W-i-n-g-n-u-t

way to go..............yep obama is hitler you are so smart

Old 12-13-2009, 09:36 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,370,247 times
They are going after the ammo. Which of course, makes idiots who don't need it and don't use it, hoard it even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies