Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 09:09 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Janet Napolitano -- former Arizona governor, now overmatched secretary of homeland security -- will forever be remembered for having said of the attempt to bring down an airliner over Detroit: "The system worked." The attacker's concerned father had warned U.S. authorities about his son's jihadist tendencies. The would-be bomber paid cash and checked no luggage on a transoceanic flight. He was nonetheless allowed to fly, and would have killed 288 people in the air alone, save for a faulty detonator and quick actions by a few passengers.

Heck of a job, Brownie.

The reason the country is uneasy about the Obama administration's response to this attack is a distinct sense of not just incompetence but incomprehension.
If, and when, another jihadist or group of jihadists make good on their threat(s) to hit the US, what will this administration call it then, a misunderstanding? Sheez. When will the slap in the face, maybe like the 9-iron on Tiger's face, make a distinct connection with this administration that the enemies of the free world are not just trying to harass, but to annihilate us?

One last quote from Krauthammer:

Quote:
More jarring still were Obama's references to the terrorist as a "suspect" who "allegedly tried to ignite an explosive device." You can hear the echo of FDR: "Yesterday, December 7, 1941 -- a date which will live in infamy -- Japanese naval and air force suspects allegedly bombed Pearl Harbor."
Charles Krauthammer : War? What War? - Townhall.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 09:13 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,792,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
If, and when, another jihadist or group of jihadists make good on their threat(s) to hit the US, what will this administration call it then, a misunderstanding? Sheez. When will the slap in the face, maybe like the 9-iron on Tiger's face, make a distinct connection with this administration that the enemies of the free world are not just trying to harass, but to annihilate us?

One last quote from Krauthammer:

Charles Krauthammer : War? What War? - Townhall.com
That Krauthammer is an anti-American piece of dung and if I could I would smack his filthy face.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Innocent until proven guilty I guess.

Did he have a bomb on him ? Yes
Did he try to blow up a plane ? Well that could be up for debate according to our legal system.

IMHO..yes he is a terrorist. Yes he tried to blow up the plane. Yes he should be classified as a war prisoner (war on terror). Open and shut case here.

More than likely he'll get released and sent back home to Daddy.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,922,642 times
i have to say that i am more concerned about terrorism in light of all the bungling when it came to this particular terrorist.

it is almost a green light for potential terrorists. if you are in a war, let's close the borders to terrorists. if you aren't in a war, then bring the soldiers home.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Innocent until proven guilty I guess.

Did he have a bomb on him ? Yes
Did he try to blow up a plane ? Well that could be up for debate according to our legal system.

IMHO..yes he is a terrorist. Yes he tried to blow up the plane. Yes he should be classified as a war prisoner (war on terror). Open and shut case here.
Is someone calling him something other than that ? ?

Quote:
Good morning. Yesterday I updated the American people on the immediate steps we took -- the increased screening and security of air travel -- to keep our country safe in the wake of the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day. - Obama

Old 01-01-2010, 12:27 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,552,871 times
Krauthammer is nails!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li-AMt-2itM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohF2NayTNAA

Old 01-01-2010, 12:35 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,098,643 times
I feel dirty any time I lower myself to read a Fox News source.

I can't imagine how dirty I'd feel if I actually used it as MY source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies