Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Does it hurt your feelings that libertarian is usually located on the left side of the axis, with authoritarian on the right?
Nope. I just feel sorry for the nutcases who think it's true.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Garbage; turn off the Faux News reports once in a while..
nope his figures are correct. This doesn't mean registered Republicans, it means what People consider themselves.

NVxploer, many libatarians would argue with you on whether they are right or left..

Old 12-14-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The amount of unbridled misinformation on this board sometimes exceeds even my expectations.
of course, don't you know all conservatives are selfish, religious and materialistic. Where have you been???

Yes, it amazes me how leftist see conservatives compared to how we really are..They take a handful and apply that to all of us...

Nita

Old 12-14-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
A 2007 Rasmussen poll found that 37% identify as socially conservative, 30% socially moderate, and 30% socially liberal.

Poll: How Liberal or Conservative Are Americans? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Denver, another poll came about about 2 months ago, with a little different figures. it wasn't Rsmussen, but I am not sure what it was...Of I don't think it was Rasmussen.

Nita

Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 PM

241 posts, read 267,424 times
Nope, I am more shocked at the amount of extreme social conservatives around me. I'm a big believer in civil liberties. As long as you aren't harming someone, live and let live.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceninja7u View Post
Well this liberal is down with "conservative" values like:
Personal responsibility: among other things, be responsible for including honesty and reasonableness in what you say

Order: stop thinking your bible gives you the green light to bully gays. It doesn't.

Decency: stop denigrating people you disagree with and show respect. No name calling, ok? thanks.
and would you stop thinking all conservatives base their opinions on the Bible, most do not:

would you realize, Liberals are probably more closed minded than conservatives

Personal responsibility: yes, most conservatives do believe in personal responsibility and most do consider more than one side of the story. It is liberals who do not see anyway except their way...

Nita

Old 12-15-2009, 08:13 AM

173 posts, read 364,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I've known some libertarians and some liberals and the main difference between the two is that libertarians want gov't OUT of private lives and the private sector. (I capitalized that to emphasize).

That means totally out....marriage should be dropped completley by the gov't, businesses should be allowed to hire whoever they like....no "quotas" or government mandates or anything like that....... no gun regulations...

Liberals on the other hand pick and choose what they do/do not want gov't involved in.....homosexual marriage should be legalized, but the gov't should continue regulating marriage......the private sector should have all sorts of mandates on who they can hire/fire and how they go about it to assist protected groups....they impose heavy gun regulations.....
That's what I said ... a lot of people want marriage out of the government completely and want it to become a private institution

Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and would you stop thinking all conservatives base their opinions on the Bible, most do not:

would you realize, Liberals are probably more closed minded than conservatives

Personal responsibility: yes, most conservatives do believe in personal responsibility and most do consider more than one side of the story. It is liberals who do not see anyway except their way...

Nita
It's impossible to convince them of their closemindness ...

Besides the only reason I am even here is because they have travelled from their countries and are here where I am

Old 12-15-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
"Social libertarians" are socially liberal. And the rest of the OP is merely sound and fury (personal insults included). I don't even see a point besides trying to state someone else's lunacy as a "fact".
Nope
Social libertarians want little goverment intrusion as possible

That means no marriage at all in the government

Old 12-15-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, dear, Amelia, if I were as "sickened" by this forum as you apparently are, I think I would stop visiting the site. Have you considered doing that? It seems like a simple solution to your dilemma.
You again ? I don't like you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies