Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:02 PM

195 posts, read 427,350 times

Advertisements

There’s a lot of FRICTION between Black men and Black women. We can lie to ourselves and pretend that the problem is not there, or we can do something to try and address this problem. What I’m trying to do is create a dialogue, so that we can take a look at this problem.

These are some PICTURES of BLACK MEN that date, and marry outside of their race.

In looking at these pictures I notice that a lot of brothers are now dating Asian women, and there’s nothing wrong with that because when two people are in love, their skin color shouldn’t matter.

These are some good brothers, there’s no question about that, but I’ve often heard Black men complain about Black women hot temper, and their attitude. A few weeks ago I was talking to some brothers, and they said man I love sisters, but it seems like they are never satisfied.

With that being said when we look at these pictures, then we have to ask this question--------is it possible that some sisters, are driving brothers away?

Photos

Click link for more pics and info.

Is there a war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:24 PM

123 posts, read 321,451 times
In all honesty, MEN, in general want whatever LOOKS good to them. Men are visual cretures who want their libidos constantly stimulated. Black men are certainly into looks.

Next is the sense of status derived, implied by having a light-skinned Black woman, White or light-skinned Asian woman. To Black men, it's proof that they have arrived at some place in life that they feel will show their power.

Then, it's a social fact that White women and Asian women are more submissive, attentive to Black males. That's not to say they are not ambitious though; they just know how to get the man with money and it's acceptable if they are obvious or subtle.

Sex, well, there is a psychological and social seduction involved with a Black male and white women. To the majority of White males, this is definitely NOT a pleasant thought but it's an in your face thing for Black men.

Is there a war? Yes. But the real question is WHY, what is the psychology behind it, where did it start, and why is it growing worse as economic times decline?

---Yes, I am a Black woman. No, Black men have never been interested in me even in school and I know exactly why. It didn't hurt my feelings, nor am I a loud, demanding person, however I do find the expectation of both Black men and women as being unrealistic.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,876 times
I just see a lot of gold digging white women after a black man's fame and fortune.

"Hey look at me, I'm with the times and you can't call me a racist! Yea! Take that, white guys!"

Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
I just see a lot of gold digging white women after a black man's fame and fortune.

"Hey look at me, I'm with the times and you can't call me a racist! Yea! Take that, white guys!"
You've been following the Tiger Woods saga, I see............

Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 AM

805 posts, read 1,510,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post
In looking at these pictures I notice that a lot of brothers are now dating Asian women, and there’s nothing wrong with that because when two people are in love, their skin color shouldn’t matter.
Photos

Skin color is part of visual appearance, and men are highly visually oriented, so YES, it DOES matter. There is no such thing as color-blind love. People fall in love partially due to appearance (at least in the beginning) and what they conceive in their minds that person should be. Sure, it's not good to base it on appearance but that is what people do. Men more than women.

Therefore, when a certain race dates another race, I have a hard time believing it's only about love. It's about need for love, and appearance dictates which object of love that'll be. You have to be a very non-

Okay, now for the question is there a war between black men and black women? I think when a high number of black celebrities marry non-black women, it definitely sends the message of "moving on up" even if that is not the intention.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:11 AM

937 posts, read 2,834,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You've been following the Tiger Woods saga, I see............
Not really, I could care less. TV corrupts the mind.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:48 AM

877 posts, read 2,768,889 times
To answer the OP...No, there is no war between Black men and Black women. The only war going on is in the minds of those that want one.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,867,976 times
I don't think that black, white, blue, green or purple has anything to do with it. Males and Females have been distracting one another for millenia.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:28 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,370,853 times
I wouldn't be so quick to determine that there's a general Black relationship crisis based on who a small group of Black celebs choose to date and marry. Black marriages in the general population are being affected more by too much unemployment and under employment of Black males which leads to other problems(crime,incarceration,too much time concentrated in the streets). Also I think people need to acknowledge that when you live in a multi-racial/cultural country like America a certain amount of inter-racial relationships will happen.

Last edited by Motion; 12-12-2009 at 10:37 AM..

Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Is there a war between Black men and Black? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies