Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Abortion doctors target black women in order to reduce the black population.
Strongly agree 4 16.00%
Agree 1 4.00%
Disagree 1 4.00%
Strongly disagree 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

It's a campaign designed to shock: Dozens of newly installed billboards in Atlanta feature the cherubic face of a black baby and a stark claim: "Black children are an endangered species."

A joint effort of Georgia Right to Life and the pro-adoption, pro-abstinence Radiance Foundation, the campaign ostensibly calls attention to the fact that black women have a disproportionately high number of abortions. But there is a deeper, more disturbing claim at work as well.

Antiabortion activists see a racial conspiracy - latimes.com

Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Disagree. I've never actually seen an "abortion doctor" (otherwise known as an OB/GYN?) out drumming up business from anyone.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM

305 posts, read 360,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's a campaign designed to shock: Dozens of newly installed billboards in Atlanta feature the cherubic face of a black baby and a stark claim: "Black children are an endangered species."

A joint effort of Georgia Right to Life and the pro-adoption, pro-abstinence Radiance Foundation, the campaign ostensibly calls attention to the fact that black women have a disproportionately high number of abortions. But there is a deeper, more disturbing claim at work as well.

*chuckle*...maybe this would be best answered by someone who lives in Atlanta? If those billboards were here in Colorado, it would be an idiotic statement.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:34 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Who is their writer? Alex Jones?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
I think its a damn good billboard, regardless of race. The bigger question is why are so many black women becoming pregnant and putting themselves in the position of having to choose between life or an abortion? Who cares about conspiracy theorists. What about the culture and lifestyle that leads to this phenomenon? What's being done about that?

37 percent is a huge number of the total abortions. It simply can't continue to be ignored. Kudos to the group who orchestrated this message.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM

149 posts, read 261,357 times
abortion industry is trying to stop certain sectors of populations and the eugenicst want less blacks this is a proven fact. feminist want less babies. i'm not mad at them, im shocked at how hypocritical christians are on this issue, an abortion is between a woman and her doctor. i guess being a father means nothing. that's single women talk. i mean a married man has no say in whether his child lives or not. so pretty much a married woman is the ultimate decider if an abortion will happen or not. i mean head of household. the whole christian support of abortion as a woman's right totally ignore men and the babies. but yes abortion in affect is used to decrease the black population but its also used against other so called unwanted groups. it sad and at least men should have a say. but black men or any race of men cant protect their kids if they cant even insure they live in the womb. talking about shaming deadbeat dads when from the beginning is obvious men dont matter at least to the law. its sad how politics have put men and women against each other. so now millions of kids that should have been here are not.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Just a bunch of pro-lifers trying to use blacks to ban abortion.

How ironic that these groups try to use blacks to take away the freedom of women to control their own reproductive lives.

I do not believe for a minute that black women are so gullible, so feeble minded..... that they would decide to abort just because they happen to pass an abortion clinic.

One of the easiest ways to keep a group in poverty is to deny them control over the size of their families.

Maybe this is the ulterior motive of these groups.....to keep black people poor.....keep them in their "place".

I find these kinds of campaigns disrespectful to the black commuinity and an insult to their intelligence.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
The idea of "abortion doctors" flagging down pregnant women like personal injury lawyers is hilarious.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Just a bunch of pro-lifers trying to use blacks to ban abortion.

How ironic that these groups try to use blacks to take away the freedom of women to control their own reproductive lives.

I do not believe for a minute that black women are so gullible, so feeble minded..... that they would decide to abort just because they happen to pass an abortion clinic.

One of the easiest ways to keep a group in poverty is to deny them control over the size of their families.

Maybe this is the ulterior motive of these groups.....to keep black people poor.....keep them in their "place".

I find these kinds of campaigns disrespectful to the black commuinity and an insult to their intelligence.
I think you hit the nail on the head. They're not winning over women as a whole to their master plan, so this is the next [logical?] step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The idea of "abortion doctors" flagging down pregnant women like personal injury lawyers is hilarious.
Agreed...

but kind of along the lines of this?

The Streetwalking Lawyers Of Aurora Avenue - Almost Live - YouTube

Old 09-14-2012, 12:25 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Hahaha...I had pictured Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad", but that works too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies