Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What are the 2 arrests? There is a single arrest. The single arrest resulted in a judgment against the police because he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. Beck called him a convicted felon.
Beck corrected himself publicly on just that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Geeez, this is like the fourth post I have read by liberals denigrating people, in the past five minutes, where they prove once again, that liberals are social and class bigots. I'm just surprised you did not attack Beck for his bouts with drug or alcohol addiction.
No, I'd think Beck was a POS regardless of his class, social status, education, race, etc.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Just goes to show for the most part he talks out of the side of his neck and won't admit fault until he's anatagonized over it.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Months later. The true story was available for anyone interested in facts.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM

353 posts, read 552,409 times
Quote:
What are the 2 arrests? There is a single arrest. The single arrest resulted in a judgment against the police because he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. Beck called him a convicted felon.
From the Denver Examiner in an article in support of Van Jones;
He was arrested twice but Beck neglects to mention the fact that the charges were dropped and Van Jones won a lawsuit based on the unlawfularrest in one case ......
Whether the arrests were lawful or not are of no consequence to the fact that he was arrested twice.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
From the Denver Examiner in an article in support of Van Jones;
He was arrested twice but Beck neglects to mention the fact that the charges were dropped and Van Jones won a lawsuit based on the unlawfularrest in one case ......
Whether the arrests were lawful or not are of no consequence to the fact that he was arrested twice.
Can you provide a link to the article?

Glenn Beck's Crazy Lies About Van Jones | Environment | AlterNet
Quote:
Beck also bizarrely claims that Van was arrested in the Seattle WTO protests. That is just a flat-out falsehood. You don't have to take my word for it. Arrests and convictions are all a matter of public record. Beck is at best relying on Internet rumors or even inventing claims to boost his ratings.
Beck is no more accurate with present facts than he is with past ones.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM

283 posts, read 496,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I was just flipping the TV channels this evening and Glenn Beck was on again. He seemed to make the insane generalization that the "secularization of America" is leading to its decline. I love how he blames it all on the "progressive movement." Yes, the same movement that featured the empowerment of women and the feminist movement. He looks at the world through such a black and white point of view that is actually quite common among those that live in middle America. What they fail to comprehend is that a large segment of the population is not starkly liberal NOR very religious.

Progressive movement is only a tag name or label given by the media. The Womens movement has nothing to do with what we've all been taught in school. It really had nothing to do with women's rights. Everything is not what it seems.

Think about who financed women's lib, follow the money trail and you'll find out what the real agenda was.... It is part of something bigger and one cannot fully comprehend, unless one takes off the goggles......

Reseach. Research, Research.......

Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
No, I'd think Beck was a POS regardless of his class, social status, education, race, etc.
Glenn told me that he truely loves and respects you..! He understands there are some ignorant people who still don't see what BO is doing to our country, but of all the ignorant, he loves you most, 'cause "You the man"..!
So don't feel bad about people finding out about you, just go with it.. you know you love him....

Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
So terrible weak, I hope this embarrassment soon goes away, I feel bad for you...

Old 01-06-2010, 05:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Someone needs to bang their head against the wall so they can think clearly.

If Beck WAS so wrong, then why did both Obamie Commie buddies Van Jones and Anita Dunn RESIGN??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies