Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times

Advertisements

Everyone should be afraid to vote republican!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 08:57 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Poverty rates declined sharply during the 1990's, with African Americans seeing the sharpest drops. The poverty rate has gone back up over the last few years starting around 2002, with the increase among African Americans larger than the nation as a whole.
Looks like the poverty rate for blacks has dropped off since 1985 before leveling out around 2004:

Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Lets ask Senator Robert Byrd D, maybe he could give us some insight.........

Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Anybody regardless of if they are black or white or brown or anything should be afraid of voting Republican. :-P

Why only blacks?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 PM

796 posts, read 505,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
With all due respect, sir, If you have to ask this question, you are not black.
How you going to question my blackness? I asked because most blacks I know vote straight democrat and alot don't have a good reason why. The ones who gives reasons say that republicans are racists, or dems care more for the poor or they do more for us but they can never elaborate on that. Some whites have a hard time taking the fact that every black person isnt a liberal and a die hard fan of Obama wearing those Obama t-shirts from the flea market.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
By the way folks, you can view some exit poll data here:

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

It is CNN, but their numbers tend to reflect that of more professional exit polls so I trust the data. Intestingly, Latinos, Asians, and Other races voted Republican in '08 by at least 30%. True to AeroDC's conjecture, blacks voted 95% Democrat. And to the folks claiming Republicans are racist, where is your evidence? Preferably from this century. Are the 4% of blacks who indeed voted Republican also racist? How about 30% of America's Asian and Latino voters?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:27 PM

796 posts, read 505,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
By the way folks, you can view some exit poll data here:

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

It is CNN, but their numbers tend to reflect that of more professional exit polls so I trust the data. Intestingly, Latinos, Asians, and Other races voted Republican in '08 by at least 30%. True to AeroDC's conjecture, blacks voted 95% Democrat. And to the folks claiming Republicans are racist, where is your evidence? Preferably from this century. Are the 4% of blacks who indeed voted Republican also racist? How about 30% of America's Asian and Latino voters?
Good source...I thought he had 70 something percent of latino vote but it was 67....which is a great increase since Bush's re-election. What happened was that Obama secured the minority and young voters.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
I have a couple of conservative black friends. I love the guys. More power to them if they choose to vote conservative. I respect them for doing so and there is nothing wrong with it.

The tired stigma of conservatives being a bunch of racist hate mongers is completely inaccurate. (although I'm sure there will always be a few extremist nut jobs out there)

Black, white, pacific islander, all are welcome to join the conservative party. We only ask that you believe in personal freedom, respect towards others, earning your way through life, and self-reliance.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Blacks aren’t afraid to vote republican. Why would any group vote against their interest? The real question should be why do some blacks vote Republican? Why would any respectable black team up with those that support/benefit from racism and hate. Just a short time ago it wasn’t even safe for a black conservative to go to a McCain/Palin rally.
Your statements would be ridiculous if you weren't so serious

Are you aware that the Civil Rights passed not because of the Democrats, but Republicans. Well, the majority whip (a Democrat) had to recruit Republicans in order to pass the Civil Rights Act, because sixteen (yes 16) Southern Democrats opposed the Bill. A very prominent Democrat in Congress (can you guess who?) filibustered the passing of the act for over 14 hours. He is still in Congress, and black Americans vote for him just the same, even if knowing that he was a Clan VIP before he made it to Congress

I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat, and don't take sides because both are just as corrupt. But i can't stand here doing nothing as you distort the truth. The answers are very simple: most black Democrats vote along the party line because that's they way their families have ever done. Also, every place in the poor inner cities throughout the US, New Orleans, and so forth, have always been lead by Democrats. What difference has this done for black Americans?

By the way, I have several black American friends who are mostly conservative and vote across the isles. These folks are Christian, too, and vote for conservative issues whatever they may be.

Last edited by RayinAK; 12-15-2009 at 10:29 PM..

Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Can you imagine if the openly racist late Jesse Helms tried to get votes in Harlem!
Or Bird?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies