Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
We the peopel bought GM stock. Whether we pay the loans back or not does not change we own it
The stock will be bought back as well. No timetable yet, but it'll happen - to a large degree because until that stock is bought back from the government the top execs have to bow to government controls on how much they are paid. Since they want to increase their pay, they'll do their best to come up with the money to buy back the stock the government owns.

In spite of all the controversy about "the government trying to control chief exec's pay" and "there is no way they'll be able to hire top talent as long as the top positions pay is limited" the fact is, making the decision to limit that pay is proving to be a VERY WISE choice - and will help ensure that the government gets its money back ASAP once the companies are stable.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm forwarding this to Obama, who can't seem to open his mouth without letting a lie come out.
Seems to me you should have read it yourself before you sent it on - since pretty much everything your other post (ie the one copied below) is pretty much BS (and what little truth there is has little or nothing to do with Obama):

Quote:
Guns not confiscated, but ammunition VERY hard to come by.
Kids not drafted, but encouraged to sing the praises of Obama
Grandma/Grandpa not in concentration camps, but lives will have less quality thanks to cuts in Medicare
Money not taken, yet taxes will be raised in the future to cover the huge deficit this president and congress has created
Religion not forced to become Muslim, but prohibited to practice any form of christianity, ie. no mention of Christmas anywhere
Voting rights not taken away, but ACORN playing fast and loose with registrations
Language not forced to speak Spanish, but you have to press a key for English
Job not sent to China, they've just simply dried up and gone away
Ken

Old 12-16-2009, 01:31 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
I got one for you but its about democrats

if we pass this stimulus bill unemployment wont go past 8%

Old 12-16-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

The Administration was definitely wrong about that. Of course that the ESTIMATE was wrong has nothing to do with the stimulus - it has to do with the fact that economy was collapsing faster than anticipated and that their estimate was out of date before Obama even took office - let alone before the stimulus was ever past or started to have an impact. Without the stimulus unemployment would have been EVEN HIGHER.

Ken

Old 12-16-2009, 01:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Guns not confiscated, but ammunition VERY hard to come by.
That has nothing to do with Obama, at least not directly. It has to do with the fact that we got 2 wars going on right now and when Obama was elected everyone and their mother decided to start hoarding ammunition.

Quote:
Kids not drafted, but encouraged to sing the praises of Obama
Bull****.

Quote:
Grandma/Grandpa not in concentration camps, but lives will have less quality thanks to cuts in Medicare
Again, bull****.

Quote:
Money not taken, yet taxes will be raised in the future to cover the huge deficit this president and congress has created
Making predictions again are we? That didn't work out so well last time, did it?

Quote:
Religion not forced to become Muslim, but prohibited to practice any form of christianity, ie. no mention of Christmas anywhere
That's funny. I haven't been prohibited from practicing any form of Christianity and neither have any of my Christian friends.

Quote:
Voting rights not taken away, but ACORN playing fast and loose with registrations
Again, flat out bull****.

Quote:
Language not forced to speak Spanish, but you have to press a key for English
So what? Is it that hard to press a key? Isn't English always "1" anyway? Oh yeah, and it's not like this is some phenomenon that just started taking place when Obama was elected.

Quote:
Job not sent to China, they've just simply dried up and gone away
Again, not a new phenomenon.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:42 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Hijacking the thread?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That has nothing to do with Obama, at least not directly. It has to do with the fact that we got 2 wars going on right now and when Obama was elected everyone and their mother decided to start hoarding ammunition.

Bull****.

Again, bull****.

Making predictions again are we? That didn't work out so well last time, did it?

That's funny. I haven't been prohibited from practicing any form of Christianity and neither have any of my Christian friends.

Again, flat out bull****.

So what? Is it that hard to press a key? Isn't English always "1" anyway? Oh yeah, and it's not like this is some phenomenon that just started taking place when Obama was elected.

Again, not a new phenomenon.
Guns - everything or nothing to do with Obama? In one sentence you completely contradicted yourself.

Kids - wrong again:
Kids Singing Obama Song at B. Bernice Young Elementary | NowPublic News Coverage

Grandma/Grandpa - there will be cuts in Medicare. Wrong yet again.

Taxes - OK genius. How will we handle this awful mess we're in right now, unless taxes are raised?

Christianity - just look around. Christmas symbols have virtually disappeared.

ACORN/voter registration - again, wrong:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/us/05acorn.html

Language - so what? So you think you should have to choose to speak the language of the US, instead of it being a given. You shouldn't have to press anything to speak English.

Jobs - no, not a new thing. But definitely worse than it's been in over 20 years. And we WERE promised no unemployment over 8%.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:16 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, let's check the inventory

- Guns, - check (not confiscated)
- Kids, - check (not drafted into Obama youth)
- Grandma / Grandpa, - check (not in concentration camps)
- Money, - check (not taken)
- Religion, - check (not forced to become Muslim)
- Voting rights, - check (not taken away)
- Language, - check (not forced to speak Spanish)
- Job, - check (not sent to China)
Does the concept of a slow and gradual process evade your comprehension?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No massive collapse of the stock market if Obama is elected (it's actually shot skyward).

No massive collapse of the dollar.

No massive collapse of civilization in general.

I have to say that the claims of the Wingnuts this time around are the most stupid and ignorant I've seen in my entire life - and I'm an old fart - and really makes me worry about the future of my country when we have so many ignorant and gullible people as citizens. I mean let's face it - anyone who can believe such silly things must have eaten lead paint as a child (a LOT of it) - they are certainly not knowledgable about history and the way things work.

Ken
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!

Coming from someone who supports a president who believes that levying more taxes on the wealthy (ie: job creators) is a good way to create jobs and boost the economy. A president who honestly thought he could talk Ahmadinejad out of his nuclear weapons program.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Does the concept of a slow and gradual process evade your comprehension?
Does the concept of being COMPLETELY WRONG evade yours?
Apparently so.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies