Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM

366 posts, read 297,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That would be like committing political suicide. He's in it, and he'd be a fool to walk away from it now.
This IS true. He has no choice but to stick with it. It would be a moral victory for him to get it passed as is. Perhaps more than a moral victory because this is politics after all and he could say that he implemented healthcare reform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 PM

63 posts, read 57,899 times
And AARP will gain the people that Medicare Advantage covers now. I tore up my AARP. They have sold us down the river.. AARP is now just a big insurance broker and more people see this everyday!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpenny View Post
the really disgusting thing is it would have been a slam dunk but no one realized the train wreck that bush left for Obama. This country was left in shambles and had more in common with the post 9/11 twin towers than an up and running economy. The thing is Obama was elected to completely change the direction and although the stupid people like that ugly witch in Little rock that was crying I want my country back, most of us think Obama is giving into the radical right way way to much. Even Ron Paul said our troops went into Iraq on a plane and they can come out on a plane its just that easy. But now that Obama is in I guess he feels its not that easy. We can come out now and hold our head up high or wait until we are being pushed out by an irate population, and I would not blame them a bit. Now health care, we have needed health care for so many years it is sick, and we have this one window of opportunity that comes around every 20 years or so and the dems have pisseed it away.

We already HAVE health care. I think the topic is health care REFORM.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM

63 posts, read 57,899 times
They are not reforming healthcare. They are reforming heath care insurance. No TORT reform. None of the things that really matter!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGinger View Post
They are not reforming healthcare. They are reforming heath care insurance. No TORT reform. None of the things that really matter!
I agree. But to say we have no healthcare is false. We have healthcare now, it's just damn expensive. I'm not against reform, I agree it needs to be done, and TORT reform is one of the things that needs to be addressed. Among other things.

The bill in its current state would mandate that everyone buy private insurance or pay a fine/jail term. That's just not right.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
No TORT reform. None of the things that really matter!
Tort reform helps doctors. It doesn't help patients. Costs continue to rise in states that have enacted tort reform.

Tort reform has not cured health care costs | Insurance > Insurance Policies & Claims from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/insurance/health-insurance-government-health-national/12865340-1.html - broken link)

Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Tort reform has been proven to be a virtual non-issue. Where states have passed it, it meant zip.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpenny View Post
the really disgusting thing is it would have been a slam dunk but no one realized the train wreck that bush left for Obama.

Apparently everyone who voted for Obama realized the "train wreck" left by Bush, which is why Obama was voted in. The ISSUE is that Obama wasn't qualified for the position. Had he been in office in 2000 - I can't imagine the wreck he would have left when he got booted out of office in 2004 for just being his narcissistic self, and apologizing all of the world for the USA.

Quote:
This country was left in shambles and had more in common with the post 9/11 twin towers than an up and running economy.
What does this mean?

Quote:
The thing is Obama was elected to completely change the direction and although the stupid people like that ugly witch in Little rock that was crying I want my country back, most of us think Obama is giving into the radical right way way to much. Even Ron Paul said our troops went into Iraq on a plane and they can come out on a plane its just that easy. But now that Obama is in I guess he feels its not that easy. We can come out now and hold our head up high or wait until we are being pushed out by an irate population, and I would not blame them a bit.
Again, what does this mean?

Quote:
Now health care, we have needed health care for so many years it is sick, and we have this one window of opportunity that comes around every 20 years or so and the dems have pisseed it away.
We have health care for those who can't afford private insurance. It's called Medicaid. The reform needs/needed to start with the government health care plan that was already in place. If that could have been done, and successfully, MAYBE, just MAYBE people would trust the gov't to actually run a social program instead of forcing some semblance of what they have "up and running" and is lacking/failing people miserably on the gen pop.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Howard Dean urges defeat of emerging health care bill
And, rightfully so, they've gutted the healthcare bill like a fish. It isn't worth 2 cents now, kill the bill and start over.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:28 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Dean is an idiot.. he is talking about things he has no idea what he is talking about...
Now THAT is ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies