Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,854,806 times

Advertisements

I for one am fed up with people like Nancy Pelosi and the President constantly whining that they can't be expected to make real changes because of policies they were handed by the Bush administration. Just today Pelosi said when speaking of Obama's Afghanistan policy that he had been "dealt a very bad hand because there was no plan in Afghanistan for years.” At what point will any of the high profile Dems own up to their own inabilities and stop blaming Bush for everything? President Obama is very indecisive when he has to react quickly; only when he has had time to query his "advisors" about what he should say or do is he able to respond. It is government by committee. Cowboy up Obama and quit letting Nancy Pelosi be your mouthpiece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 02:31 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
They will never, cause they need a fall guy for their lame failures... when will a liberal ever stand up to their own mistakes? The same time a republican will... which will be "never"... I am still waiting for apologies from Bush but honestly, I don't think I will hear it from Bush or from liberals (especially those on these forums)...

Old 12-16-2009, 02:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
I for one am fed up with people like Nancy Pelosi and the President constantly whining that they can't be expected to make real changes because of policies they were handed by the Bush administration. Just today Pelosi said when speaking of Obama's Afghanistan policy that he had been "dealt a very bad hand because there was no plan in Afghanistan for years.” At what point will any of the high profile Dems own up to their own inabilities and stop blaming Bush for everything? President Obama is very indecisive when he has to react quickly; only when he has had time to query his "advisors" about what he should say or do is he able to respond. It is government by committee. Cowboy up Obama and quit letting Nancy Pelosi be your mouthpiece.

I would say about 2-3 years into the Obama administration. It is a fact that recessions take some time to get out of. Just look at the recession recovery from the Carter years into the first years of the Reagan presidency. fair is fair.. O has only been in office less than 11 months.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:37 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
When an issue, like recession, job losses, banking fiascos, wars, etc, aren't relevant to the past.

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
As long as they can use Bush as a scapegoat for their own failings they will never stop.

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Reagan complained about Carter for the first two years of his Presidency. In 1983, when the economy began to improve, it was suddenly "morning in America", and the whining about Carter decreased significantly.

I'd say that Obama and Democrats will stop blaming Bush when the economy shows clear signs of improvement, and the 2012 campaign is in full swing.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
When are the Dems going to quit whining about everything being the fault of the Bush administration?
I don't know. When are the Republicans going to quite whining about Clinton and Carter?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i stopped whining and did something today i fired off emails to senator and rep urging them to kill the bill. stop the monster spending.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I would say about 2-3 years into the Obama administration. It is a fact that recessions take some time to get out of. Just look at the recession recovery from the Carter years into the first years of the Reagan presidency. fair is fair.. O has only been in office less than 11 months.
Agreed in fact it wasn't until Reagan's 3rd year in office until we saw job growth unemployment during Reagan's tenure hit its peak (10.8) during his 22nd and 23rd month in office.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
. . . and there was no full recovery by January 22, 2009? My GAWD!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies