Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:33 PM

4,908 posts, read 3,367,283 times

Advertisements

Sunshine states are the happiest, study shows - Behavior- msnbc.com

They put California correctly where it belongs.

Near the bottom LoL

[quote]Sunshine states are the happiest, study shows

Louisiana, Hawaii and Florida home to the happiest Americans

updated 46 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - People in sunny, outdoorsy states — Louisiana, Hawaii, Florida — say they’re the happiest Americans, and researchers think they know why.
A new study comparing self-described pleasant feelings with objective measures of good living found these folks generally have reason to feel fine.
The places where people are most likely to report happiness also tend to rate high on studies comparing things like climate, crime rates, air quality and schools.

The happiness ratings were based on a survey of 1.3 million people across the country by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It used data collected over four years that included a question asking people how satisfied they are with their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 03:42 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
[quote=Lycanmaster;12071110]Sunshine states are the happiest, study shows - Behavior- msnbc.com

They put California correctly where it belongs.

Near the bottom LoL

Quote:
Sunshine states are the happiest, study shows

Louisiana, Hawaii and Florida home to the happiest Americans

updated 46 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - People in sunny, outdoorsy states — Louisiana, Hawaii, Florida — say they’re the happiest Americans, and researchers think they know why.
A new study comparing self-described pleasant feelings with objective measures of good living found these folks generally have reason to feel fine.
The places where people are most likely to report happiness also tend to rate high on studies comparing things like climate, crime rates, air quality and schools.

The happiness ratings were based on a survey of 1.3 million people across the country by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It used data collected over four years that included a question asking people how satisfied they are with their lives.

Interesting considering Louisiana and Florida both have horrid schools.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
Cool.

I live in California and I'm extremely happy Couldn't imagine living anywhere else and you would have to drag me kicking and screaming out of this state.

Spent quite a bit of time in SouthEastern Louisiana a while back and there is no amount of money or false promises of 'happyness' that could persuade me to move there.

To each his/her own.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Interesting considering Louisiana and Florida both have horrid schools.
Don't have to be edjicated to be happy!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:48 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
I knew I moved here for a reason

Old 12-17-2009, 03:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Don't have to be edjicated to be happy!
Too true, ignorance is bliss!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:54 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,082,526 times
I find it hard to believe there are 4 states less happier than Jersey

Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,626,992 times
I guess you can find a study "proving" just about anything. I'm a native-born Brooklynite, and I'm as happy here as anyone in Louisiana, Florida, or Hawaii.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:01 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,082,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I guess you can find a study "proving" just about anything. I'm a native-born Brooklynite, and I'm as happy here as anyone in Louisiana, Florida, or Hawaii.
Yea, you're just one-person. I've ridden the B and Q train at rush hour and people are not happy

Not much different here across the Hudson. People in Jersey refer to their middle finger as a their traffic finger

Although I do take some bizzare sense of pride in knowing we're one of the most ticked-off states. If you're in another state and people see your New York or Jersey plates they'll get out of your way

Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,491,501 times
It's all in the climate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies