Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 11:56 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,029,082 times

Advertisements

Want to talk politics? Here are some politically loaded quotes. Abuse of money as bribes and gifts. Note that "gifts" can mean bribes, rather than actual gifts, when the context is negative. You can even quote me on these, for I say the same.

ake your time. Note the details in these. And keep in mind stuff like where stimulus money went, why Republican Dodge dealerships were shut down, and where like 2/3's of last spring's unspent stimulus money may end up going.

I removed the reference numbers to focus on the quotes.

... Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

... In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

... And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.

... For the congregation of hypocrites shall be desolate, and fire shall consume the tabernacles of bribery.

... And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.

... Thou shalt not wrest judgment; thou shalt not respect persons, neither take a gift: for a gift doth blind the eyes of the wise, and pervert the words of the righteous.

... He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.

... A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.

... Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts.

... The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it.

... They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom.

Last edited by mdvaden; 12-18-2009 at 12:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 12:00 AM

153 posts, read 103,796 times
obamao is a big fat *****. pelosi is a major *****. reid well is plain stupid and thinks about humping pelosi

Old 12-18-2009, 12:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizzo View Post
obamao is a big fat *****. pelosi is a major *****. reid well is plain stupid and thinks about humping pelosi

Ok now, i don't like the band of thiefs, but gees i wouldn't go as far as you have.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 AM

153 posts, read 103,796 times
he enjoys spending and receiving money. pelosi also enjoys spending money (tax payers money) and reid well i dond think hes too bright, but thats me

Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Default Is this not the TREACHERY - Obama, Pelosi or Reid ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
Want to talk politics? Here are some politically loaded quotes. Abuse of money as bribes and gifts. Note that "gifts" can mean bribes, rather than actual gifts, when the context is negative. You can even quote me on these, for I say the same.

Take your time. Note the details in these. And keep in mind stuff like where stimulus money went, why Republican Dodge dealerships were shut down, and where like 2/3's of last spring's unspent stimulus money may end up going.

I removed the reference numbers to focus on the quotes.
the Bible quotes generically apply, good grief.

Care to give links backing up your claims that "where stimulus money went, why Republican Dodge dealerships were shut down, and where like 2/3's of last spring's unspent stimulus money may end up going" were actually graft?

Old 12-18-2009, 05:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
A RWA actually back up his claims. Blasphemy.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:08 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
The verses describes democracy to a T and both of the pathetic parties.The OP did not go far enough,If you look at the crucifixion of Christ the Pharisee's went out and bribed the people to yell the name of Jesus over Barabbas for His death and for Barabbas to be freed.
So mob rule commonly known as democracy played a key role,no where in the bible do you find support for the people to be lead by democracy,you will find support for the monarchy at that time and in the future.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:20 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Ok now, i don't like the band of thiefs, but gees i wouldn't go as far as you have.
Ummm yea, though I have had such thoughts run, fleetingly, in my head, actually posting them in a public forum was never an option. The three in question here, do disgust me with their ineptness, arrogance and stupidity, but I , also, prefer to confine my commentary to a bit more ....tame...level. I do, sincerely, hope that America wakes up a bit in 2010. My home state certainly is, and Reid is running scared. Sending him back to Searchlight (actually he just needs to hide in a basement in DC with the rest of the rats) would be just dandy.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:37 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Do we have to pick just "ONE" GOSH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies