Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 09:40 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times

Advertisements

Border Incursion into Iraq.
Now what to do?
Another war.....
Isn't anyone tiring of this yet?

Iraq says Iranians cross into disputed oilfield | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Now what to do?
Another war.....

So, so tiresome, these false accolades for Bush. The title you made up has absolutely nothing to do with the body. Tiring of this? Yes, I am, I'm tiring of the unfettered blame on a past administration for things undone, for which had they been done I'd'a never heard the end of that, either. It's in obama's court now, has absolutely, emphatically nothing to do with the past, gringo. Besides, why are you even implying that this incursion has anything, one iota to do with the US? So the stupid iranians captured an oil field in iraq? So what? Were any US troops attacked/killed/captured? Not that I'm aware of. If I'm wrong, tell me, otherwise, just stop it.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:47 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,866,256 times
Yup, Bush Should Have Sent Troops To Iran - Another Bush Blunder

Were it not for blunders he would not have accomplished anything.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:49 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Bush can be blamed for a LOT of things, but after the whole Iraq thing, I think it's safe to say that the country did not have the stomach to move on to Iran, even if Bush had tried to push for it... This part isn't Bush's fault...

And yes.... Tired of the Middle East in general.... My plan?

Take the leash off of Israel with the understanding that they live with the consequences of whatever they do and not to expect unwavering U.S. support for their actions... (My guess would be that the Iranian nuke facilities would be levelled with missiles or airstrikes inside of 48 hours.).

Old 12-18-2009, 09:50 AM

418 posts, read 1,090,379 times
YEP---- Delta Planter, X2

Old 12-18-2009, 09:51 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Iraq used the same claim to justify their invasion of Kuwait in the early 90s.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Now what to do?
Another war.....

Bush is not the president whne Iran has crossed the border. maybe you should keep up with current events.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Yup, Bush Should Have Sent Troops To Iran - Another Bush Blunder
Riiiggghhhhtttt. We could just imagine the outrageous outrage from you and other lefties if he did. In fact, you were all claiming that Iran was never really a threat...remember?

The fact is, with GWB in charge, Iran would have NEVER behaved in such a manner because they know GWB would never have allowed such a thing to stand.

With obama in charge, they inherently know he is nothing more than a weak, ineffectual, empty suit who they are capable of bullying around.

Let's see how the man-child handles this.

Thinking twice about the OP's title, it is really just hilarious - he wanted Bush to invade Iran, he really did!

Trying to get out in front of this by miraculously blaming GWB won't help.

Last edited by sanrene; 12-18-2009 at 11:24 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,503 times
Who's army was Bush supposed to send? Could barely handle a chicken manure army like Iraq and you want to send the US Army and Marine Corps into Iran? The Iranian Army will fight back, hard!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I believe we should have stayed out from the very beginning. We had no reason to invade Iraq and less reason to invade Afghanistan. If we had to invade somebody we should have invaded the hosts of the 9/11 terrorists namely Saudi Arabia. But Bush would never have invaded his good friends.

Invading Iran, for any reason, is sheer stupidity. Just how long do you think the US Navy would last without a way of getting out of range of a shore based Iranian missile attack? Not only would this be dumb it would be entirely unjustified even if Iran attacked Israel. The Israelis are not our friends either and we should not back up the Zionist fanatics.

We need to get the hell out of there and let them settle matters among themselves. Then we can buy oil from the winners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies