Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

This is really no surprise at all. More censorship with ideas and opinions that are contrary to their religion of AGW.

Gosh, their web of deceit and scamming runs deep.

Climategate: how the cabal controlled Wikipedia | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
Lawrence Solomon: Wikipedia̢۪s climate doctor - FP Comment (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpcomment/archive/2009/12/19/lawrence-solomon-wikipedia-s-climate-doctor.aspx#ixzz0aApCEqRz - broken link)

How Wikipedia’s green doctor rewrote 5,428 climate articles

And who might that "green doctor" be?

Quote:
One person in the nine-member Realclimate.org team — U.K. scientist and Green Party activist William Connolley — would take on particularly crucial duties.
The reason for starting RealClimate;

Quote:
“The idea is that we working climate scientists should have a place where we can mount a rapid response to supposedly ‘bombshell’ papers that are doing the rounds” in aid of “combating dis-information,” one email explained, referring to criticisms of the hockey stick and anything else suggesting that temperatures today were not the hottest in recorded time.
I guess that PR website didn't suffice...so guess where a member of the cabal ended up;

Quote:
Connolley took control of all things climate in the most used information source the world has ever known – Wikipedia.

All told, Connolley created or rewrote 5,428 unique Wikipedia articles. His control over Wikipedia was greater still, however, through the role he obtained at Wikipedia as a website administrator, which allowed him to act with virtual impunity.
And he wasted no time in setting about deleting articles, comments he didn't agree with and over 2000 contributors that held contrary views.

Of course, those that shared his religious belief in AGW were given free rein on the site.

These unethical so-called scientists have turned science and the processes that go into the methodology, on its ear.

Last edited by sanrene; 12-19-2009 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:50 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
I'm currently working on a Master's degree.

The first day of any new class every professor warns the students never to cite Wikipedia in a paper and to be very careful using for any kind of research.

Wikipedia is interesting, but it is not a reliable source of information. Anybody can put in any silliness in they want.

Last edited by Dockside; 12-19-2009 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-19-2009, 10:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is really no surprise at all. More censorship with ideas and opinions that are contrary to their religion of AGW.

Gosh, their web of deceit and scamming runs deep.

Climategate: how the cabal controlled Wikipedia | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
Lawrence Solomon: Wikipedia̢۪s climate doctor - FP Comment (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpcomment/archive/2009/12/19/lawrence-solomon-wikipedia-s-climate-doctor.aspx#ixzz0aApCEqRz - broken link)

How Wikipedia’s green doctor rewrote 5,428 climate articles

And who might that "green doctor" be?

The reason for starting RealClimate;

I guess that PR website didn't suffice...so guess where a member of the cabal ended up;

And he wasted no time in setting about deleting articles, comments he didn't agree with and over 2000 contributors that held contrary views.

Of course, those that shared his religious belief in AGW were given free rein on the site.

These unethical so-called scientists have turned science and the processes that go into the methodology, on its ear.
LOL!

I wonder who wrote this article. Somebody in an edit war on the "Climategate" Talk page.

Very funny. I'll bet it's been posted there, too.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm currently working on a Master's degree.

The first day of any new class every professor warns the students never to cite Wikipedia in a paper and to be very careful using for any kind of research.

Wikipedia is interesting, but it is not a reliable source of information. Anybody can put in any silliness in they want.
Not true. Give it a look sometime -- a careful look. Of course it's full of vandals and misstatements and it's fluid, and your professors are right to want something static as a source -- but put it this way, you will *find* those static sources, as sources for articles at Wikipedia.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:38 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Not true. Give it a look sometime -- a careful look. Of course it's full of vandals and misstatements and it's fluid, and your professors are right to want something static as a source -- but put it this way, you will *find* those static sources, as sources for articles at Wikipedia.
It's good source to find other sources, other than that it's questionable at best. Too many people involved with that project take things personally. A few years back I corrected some minor things on an article about anthracite. Some really obscure things not many people would know, basically mundane non controversial material. Someone reverted my changes not long afterward.. That was first and last edit I made,the article is wrong to this day.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
LOL!

I wonder who wrote this article. Somebody in an edit war on the "Climategate" Talk page.

Very funny. I'll bet it's been posted there, too.
It's all a big conspiracy you see. EVERYTHING.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:46 PM

153 posts, read 103,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's all a big conspiracy you see. EVERYTHING.
so the world is not boiling and giant floods arent going to wipe us out?

i remember when i was in elementary school, i think first grade, they where saying that we would run out of fossil fuel by the 2000s.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizzo View Post
i remember when i was in elementary school...
What? A couple years ago?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:52 PM

153 posts, read 103,796 times
no back in the 90s. wait when did OJ do his white bronco thing?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizzo View Post
they where saying that we would run out of fossil fuel by the 2000s.
Oil, not Coal. We have 2 centuries of coal left. Those projections are based on the Hubbert Peak, Hubbert correctly predicted peak oil in Texas in the early 70'sand applied the same calculations to world peak production. Hasn't happened but he was also using poor data, new techniques and new finds have also extended it. Here's projection from the EIA from 2004

Long Term World Oil Supply

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies