Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:42 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
yes, you do agree with violence, and you just tried to justify it,
pitiful and very disturbing

If you feel that way, why have you been a consistent supporter of US policies that result in the deaths of innocent civilians in other countries?

Old 12-28-2009, 05:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If you feel that way, why have you been a consistent supporter of US policies that result in the deaths of innocent civilians in other countries?

you have no idea what policies I support,Moderator cut: RUDE
but I will tell you what I do not support, that is for some scum Moderator cut: LANGUAGE to try and blow up a plane
this last guy should have been shot on the spot
and if your Obama had any balls about him, he would come down hard on Iran and stand up for the innocent people that are being murdered in the streets trying to get freedom, but he is busy on vacation, what a guy!
Boy, you guys are really, really swell

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-29-2009 at 03:20 PM..

Old 12-28-2009, 06:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Default Really!

How can ANYONE believe what the Government says?

C.I.A. no al-qaeda ever existed - BBC documentary "the power of nightmares" | Polidics.com

Old 12-28-2009, 10:49 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
"Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents."

Northwest Flight 253: al Qaeda Leaders Behind Terror Plot Were Released by U.S. - ABC News
Kinda reminds me of stories of domestic criminals who are released and commit other, more serious, crimes.

We got enough prisons, worldwide, to house all these people - forever? That's obviously what you're advocating. Bad news, ain't gonna happen. We just have to live with the fact some are gonna go back, just like the domestic vintage.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
No. And how do you know they committed no crime?
Do tell me, what crime were they convicted of?
None, perhaps the reason for their release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Reading your statement you are condoning the terrorists actions.
I see you have problems with reading comprehension.

If someone illegally held and tortured your family, say, your mother, what would your reaction be?
____
And georgia dem,
Your hypocrisy is appalling.
You say that I'm condoning something that I clearly said I do not, then get huffy when someone calls you out.
You make assumptions, then you get assumptions made towards you.

If you want to play that silly adolescent game, you're on.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Because hippies live in a fantasy of world utopia and skittle ****ting unicorns - the only evil is the entity that is the United States; let's disregard and allow pass to the perversion of the muslim religion that is Islamofascism.
Making things up again?
Please tell me where I said what you are stating I said.

I do believe that we have to look at ourselves before we blame others.
Apparently, you disagree.
Again, if another country's forces came to the US and kidnapped your mother or brother, held and tortured you, how would you act? Would you want retaliation?

Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
If we're smart, we'll just kill them on the battlefield because taking them prisoner doesn't seem to work to our benefit.

We could turn the White House and US Capitol buildings into mosques and way too many will still have something to go batsh*t jihad over.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM

283 posts, read 496,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Oh no. Another conspiracy theorist. It never ends.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:06 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
1) I doubt everything these people say. I also have doubts about what al Qaeda is exactly at present. In 2001 they showed a great capability to coordinate grand acts of terror. Since then, it looks like they dissolved into local branches which act independent of each other. Are they still in control of a huge organization with great capabilities?
2) These local Yemenites (and I will not be surprised if others will follow soon) are happy to claim responsibility for everything. For them its the best PR. Same with the former Gitmo detainees. It is possible that they show them for propaganda, but in reality these two may not have control or influence over the organization.
3) Anyway we look at it, this Nigerian student incident was far from what al Qaeda orchestrated on 9/11.
4) Looks like the chapter of airplane kidnapping is over. As we saw, passengers will fight any attempt to kidnap or sabotage the plane, or crash into in a sensitive location.
5) The only thing that still puzzles me, is who granted the Nigerian a US entry visa and why.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:33 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't agree with violence, but let me ask a question:

If you were held and tortured by a government after committing no crime, would you commit a terrorist act against the country that illegally held and tortured you?
I guess if you have no morals or values about human life.

Plenty of people have had challenges in their life, but blowing up 300 innocent people in the air sure aint gonna fix it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies