Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:21 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
dcsldcd;......
Criminals are less likely to enter a home where there is a good chance they will get shot.
I dunno. That just seems so...so unfair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 05:27 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Blood lust much?

I'm glad he did what he did, and glad nobody got "killed" for your entertainment pleasure.
If he killed them then they can't come back for revenge. The fact that they got away means they can come back.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:30 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What relevance is that he's a veteran?
Yeah, hey!

And what relevance is that he's a man.
And what relevance is his name.
And what relevance where he lives.
And what relevance is his age.

They even showed a video of him and he was wearing glasses! Come on folks. What relevance is that he wears glasses. Is he special just because he wears glasses?

- Reel

Old 12-30-2009, 05:30 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
What relevance is that he's a veteran?
Why does ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, and CNN always mention a guest is a Conservative but never mention the opposing guest is a liberal?

Hmm, the article mentions he's a veteran and two of the people here who have a problem with that are some of the most liberal members here. Hate military much?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:43 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
How dare this man terrify those two poor, disadvantaged men who were forced to attempt to steal from him becuase of racism or economic inequality or because Mommy didn't hug them, ect....

I'm hoping Pelosi, Obama, Feingold, Boxer, ect... take a stand and demand that this evil man be prosecuted and be subject to diversity training run by Al Sharpton and Rosie O'donnell.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
I see he's also a vet. In addition to being a vigilante he's probably a war criminal. Probably a racist and wife beater too.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It means he knows how to use a gun.

Bingo, thank you Chango well said, but very true, without that gun, it would have been a different outcome.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:25 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,811 times
Quote:
How would people even know you were a vet, unless you tell them?
there are multiple ways of telling people, for one, including tie pins, hats, jackets, etc. but that isn't the point; even if they don't know that i am a vet, it is still offensive (and was even before i ever knew i was going to join the military) when people make baseless accusations about the mental or moral makeup of a person simply because they fought in vietnam or iraq.

Quote:
She didn't say he did anything wrong and she was responding to MY post about the relevance of mentioning that he was a veteran.
i realize that.

Quote:
Like tinman said, most are just regular people. Nothing special.
precisely my point since i have been on c-d. they are normal people; they run the gamut of political opinions, academic achievements, and social capabilities.

Quote:
This flag-waving garbage that because someone served their opinion or actions are not debatable or are special is absurd.
i don't think that i have seen anyone arguing for that to be the case in this site––well, except for rlchurch (funny that he is on the side of those that generally malign the vets)...

Old 12-30-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
How dare this man terrify those two poor, disadvantaged men who were forced to attempt to steal from him becuase of racism or economic inequality or because Mommy didn't hug them, ect....

I'm hoping Pelosi, Obama, Feingold, Boxer, ect... take a stand and demand that this evil man be prosecuted and be subject to diversity training run by Al Sharpton and Rosie O'donnell.
The story that the OP linked to did not mention the race of these punks.

How did you know that they were black?

- Reel

Old 12-30-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Armed Vet Scares Off Robbers - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento (http://www.kcra.com/news/22072376/detail.html - broken link)
Good for him,...too bad he didn't kill them.
I have a quick question. Did you post this thread in order to 'bash' blacks or did you post it because it was a violent crime perpetrated against an old man who appeared to be defensless and the perpetrators just happened to be black?

Perhaps it was notworthy for you because a victim who appeared to be defensless was able to turn the tables on the perpetrators and the perpetrators just happened to be black? I'm just wondering why most of these threads on violent crime turn out to have black perpetrators. Is this just a coincidence or is there an effort on CD to post stories about violent crime only when it is perpetrated by blacks?

Do you think that during our discussions about these violent crimes we should ignore the race of the perpetrators when it turns out that they are black in the interest of trying to improve race relations? Will it help race relations if we don't talk about black crime?

Isn't this the 800 pound gorilla in the room? Everyone knows it's there but nobody wants to talk about it.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies