Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:51 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop along Howie View Post
Prove that assertion.
Read the CD forums for a few months and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Simply saying terrorist attacks are the "ICING ON THE CAKE" to get Obama out is enough.

Attempted Terrorist Attack. ICING ON THE CAKE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop along Howie View Post
Maybe the only one.

And we all know the lefties would have been so supportive of Bush if we were attacked again during his reign.
We were attacked again during his reign in a similar manner, did you not forget?

I can tell you right now I would not be calling that attack the "icing on the cake" to get Bush out of office.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I can see your point, however:

This Administration has made every attempt to water-down the fight against terrorists as if it's just another bump in the road. For example:

1) War on Terror verbiage has been eliminated
2) Terrorist trials to be held in NYC
3) Closing Guantanamo in favor of a domestic prison
4) Refusing to back Iranian protestation of a terrorist-supporting government
5) Dismissing Fort Hood as an unfortunate incident
6) Napolitano saying the "system worked"
7) Calling Flight 253 an "isolated incident"

Taken on the whole, Obama is not shaping up to be a hardball against terrorist operatives.

As the OP stated, Obama's Presidency could indeed hinge on how he handles our biggest threats, especially if the homeland is attacked again.

Why do you think differently?
The Obama administration is attempting to dial down the recruiting tools that the terrorists are using. Past verbiage used by the U.S. was elevating them to the status of a super power in a war against the mighty U.S.A. instead of the handful of international criminals that they are. Even our best allies were urging us to change the "war on terror" type talk, etc.

And by the way, Obama didn't call the flight 253 an "isolated incident". He was talking about the other Xmas day incident where a sick passenger refused to come out of the bathroom.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-29-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
Please. I'm not bashing Obama. I voted for the man, and I plan to vote for him again in 2012, ONLY if he changes up how things have been going. The truth is that Obama has been called "soft" in terms of counterterrorism policy and this attack and the attack on Ft. Hood will either prove those criticisms right or wrong. It's a big deal. I don't want another Republican in office personally, but how he handles this will imo DIRECTLY determine that.
Sorry for misunderstanding your intent here. I stand corrected.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh so Obama isnt accountable when hes president? Only Bush is accountable when hes president and there is an attack
Nobody blamed Bush initially. It has become a recent war cry only AFTER all this Obama blaming. So, let's blame Bush for the acts that were committed during his term.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:03 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Really disgusting that you would consider an attempted terrorist attack (and assume subsequent ones) as the "icing on the cake" to get someone you don't like out of office.

I swear there are people on the Right who WANT attacks to happen so they can use it against Obama.

The only thing I WANT is for people to wake up and stay in reality concerning the disintegration and masterful destruction of this nation by the Chicago bunch infesting the WH and DC. That now includes all of Congress as well, sadly.... As an American, I am within my rights to call them on their insidious attempts to annihilate us. I still have a desire for self-preservation that so many now have apparently lost, in their blind obeisance to their new Master in Chief.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The only thing I WANT is for people to wake up and stay in reality concerning the disintegration and masterful destruction of this nation by the Chicago bunch infesting the WH and DC. That now includes all of Congress as well, sadly.... As an American, I am within my rights to call them on their insidious attempts to annihilate us. I still have a desire for self-preservation that so many now have apparently lost, in their blind obeisance to their new Master in Chief.

I hate to be redundant.

Ai yi yi!

They're coming to take me away, ha-ha, ho-ho, he-he, they're coming to take me away.
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time with a conspiracy every day, they're coming to take me away.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
You said "icing on the cake".........I think we all understand what you meant.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
And "the only thing I WANT is for people to wake up and stay in reality concerning the disintegration and masterful destruction of this nation by" the right wing media people like Beck, Rush and Hannity.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
And Terrorist attacks are just your "icing on the cake". The people I lost in 9/11 were not the "icing on the cake" for George Bush, and I doubt the people on that place a few days ago would appreciate being called your "icing on the cake" to get Obama out of office. Just disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies