Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM

429 posts, read 1,116,524 times

Advertisements

I remember when he was beloved by the right and abhorred by the left, but now no one even mentions him in these forums. It's all about Beck, and Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh. Despite the fact he's still Fox News most rated TV show, it seems like no one cares about ol Bill anymore.

Has the right gone so far right that OReilly isn't conservative enough anymore? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN WHERE THIS DAY IS POSSIBLE?

What do you conservatives say on the matter? I personally enjoy watching Bill's show, even if I think he's crazy sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:11 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Maybe someone mistook him for an Abortion Doctor?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
The left have finally quit criticizing Bill O'Reilly because they actually took a minute to watch the show. Once they realized he's not as radical or unbalanced as HuffPo makes him out to be, they realized they no longer have dog in the fight. It was an easy win for conservatives, and Bill, because it simply required turning on the show to see the truth regarding the O'Reilly Factor. It makes me smile knowing how disappointed liberals must be.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I remember when he was beloved by the right and abhorred by the left, but now no one even mentions him in these forums. It's all about Beck, and Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh. Despite the fact he's still Fox News most rated TV show, it seems like no one cares about ol Bill anymore.

Has the right gone so far right that OReilly isn't conservative enough anymore? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN WHERE THIS DAY IS POSSIBLE?

What do you conservatives say on the matter? I personally enjoy watching Bill's show, even if I think he's crazy sometimes.
I have never been a fan of O'Reilly and therefore usually watch college basketball or HGTV during his time slot. I also don't care for Hannity so much either so watch those other things at that time. I am about as conservative as anyone else here and have been very happy the past year since DishNet put Fox on their basic program. I had to suffer with CNN for years because I couldn't get Fox and my wife wouldn't let me pay more just to get Fox.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:15 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,064 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like you are just looking for a flame war.

No thanks.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:16 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have never been a fan of O'Reilly and therefore usually watch college basketball or HGTV during his time slot. I also don't care for Hannity so much either so watch those other things at that time. I am about as conservative as anyone else here and have been very happy the past year since DishNet put Fox on their basic program. I had to suffer with CNN for years because I couldn't get Fox and my wife wouldn't let me pay more just to get Fox.
Can`t you switch the TV off sometime?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:18 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The left have finally quit criticizing Bill O'Reilly because they actually took a minute to watch the show. Once they realized he's not as radical or unbalanced as HuffPo makes him out to be, they realized they no longer have dog in the fight. It was an easy win for conservatives, and Bill, because it simply required turning on the show to see the truth regarding the O'Reilly Factor. It makes me smile knowing how disappointed liberals must be.
Why on earth are YOU speaking for the left????

O'Reilly's still O'Reilly. It's just that the village has a new idiot named Beck and he's the one who everyone talks about these days.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:19 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,324,587 times
Quote:

LOL, he really isn't that far right. I don't think he even publicly identifies himself as a Republican (neither does Hannity, but he is far more conservateive imo than O'Reilly). He doesn't always only debate political issues either. He does a lot of investigative reporting on judges going light on child sex offenders and things like that.

Maybe all the libs that slammed him all the time actually took the time to watch O'Reilly and realize he's not the evil do-er they thought he was. After all, Fox viewers do have a substantial number of liberals too.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:20 PM

429 posts, read 1,116,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Sounds to me like you are just looking for a flame war.

No thanks.
I'm not looking for a flame war. I just want to know where the shift came from and why it happened. He still has amazing ratings, he gets amazing guests, I'm just trying to figure it out. I'm sure there's a correlation between that and the movement to the far right for the GOP.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
O'Reilly is still insane, the difference is now we have some people who have jumped past O'Reilly in the insane asylum so he doesn't get talked about as much anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies