Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times

Advertisements

ahh thats right. its been a while. i loved that skit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 07:31 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
still ain't got no effin' cajones.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:07 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Ok, we have been moved and you can't seem to pull your head out to create a debate. Let me give you this:

I am not going to defend the CIA but they are by no means naive. I'm pretty sure that if you take a look around (and let's pretend your actually from Brazil) then your country is way up in their own little deal. So, don't play any innocent stuff here. I'm not saying that to say that it is more or less right. Just facts. Every single one of them knew going in what the dangers were. Ain't nothin' naive about it. The crap they do is disgusting and every time their name comes up-it means crap. I can't think of one single event that the CIA is at that the rest of this country says.......can I buy you a drink? Unless they are amongst their own kind.

The only thing that this should reflect on currently, is that every little wingnut redneck hilljack that pretends that the only language in the US that we need to have is English, should rethink that stance. They talk a good game of what should be done but they don't pull their head out long enough to realize that those people need to be replaced and if they stopped picking their little God provides noses then we might have a plethora of people qualified to step up.

For those that need to follow: Afghanistan suicide bombing kills 8 CIA officers - latimes.com

Only trouble with your rant is that the CIA are pushing a liberal agenda now, they arent doing Bush's bidding or the bidding of a Conservative Congress. I guess your attitude might be caused by the failure of Obama to make any difference but the fact is that the current President is cut from the same mold as his predecessor.

On another note you dont hear of an aweful lot the CIA does except when theres an issue, as bad as you might think they are how do you suppose they should act when dealing with people who chop off heads on TV?

Personally I'd rather we pull out & torch both Iraq & Afganistan, but that wouldn't be politically correct.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:09 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Only trouble with your rant is that the CIA are pushing a liberal agenda now, they arent doing Bush's bidding or the bidding of a Conservative Congress. I guess your attitude might be caused by the failure of Obama to make any difference but the fact is that the current President is cut from the same mold as his predecessor.

On another note you dont hear of an aweful lot the CIA does except when theres an issue, as bad as you might think they are how do you suppose they should act when dealing with people who chop off heads on TV?

Personally I'd rather we pull out & torch both Iraq & Afganistan, but that wouldn't be politically correct.

My attitude has remained the same. I say the same things when we backtrack to the Peshawar Seven (or 8-whose counting) or Mossedegh. I think you will find that our foreign policy maintains the same path. The only policies that are truly effected are domestic (liberal/conservative-although it is often hard to tell the difference here as well). If you backtrack to our debates prior to the election then you will find that I said the same thing then. So, no disenchantment here. Wrong girl.

Having said that, this is beyond Iraq and Afghanistan, this is China and Russia (and other countries). So, what I find revolting is that smack dab in the middle of the GREAT GAME 2 are the everyday people whose lives are impacted in a multitude of ways.

See, this is all fine and dandy because it isn't happening in our country. I think you will find that the US has maintained ties with a variety of groups that have no problem chopping off heads of anyone. That, inherently, is part of the problem. No? For as long as this game has been played there is no naivety. It is also the same (dirty) game played by every other country. There is not one doubt in my mind they were the best at what they did and that makes them and the job cool as hell. As cool as it can possibly be in uncool crap.

As I was reading through the articles last night, I came across the statement that it isn't like you can just pick another 10-15 and send them in. I believe part of that problem lies with language. I cannot understand why a bunch of podunk hilljacks stand around and whine about having to learn another language do not see this as a problem.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:48 PM

597 posts, read 1,298,616 times
Default Bomber man

CIA is very effective in hollywood movies, because in real life, it arrives late always.
I think Iraq and Afghanistan the Vietnam II of USA.
I get the impression that CIA's members are overbearing and arrogant people.
They think know everything and they know nothing.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
You guys need some sleep, or a drink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies