Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: The U.S. health care system is "just fine".
Agree 19 22.62%
Disagree 65 77.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

yep a ball park buying guy with blue shield, has got nothin to worry about.
american mind set, if it didnt happen to me it didnt happen.
huck-- when you got money -everyplace is mardi gras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 09:45 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Why is public citizen a.k.a. Limbaugh being demonized over his healthcare comments, while the congress creatures who are actually ruining it go unscathed?

You people have some effed up priorities.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:47 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

I guess you've never heard the term working poor?

It's not like jobs with good health insurance are growing on trees.

But hey, don't let facts get in your way.
These days, people are glad just to have a job. If a company has to offer insurance it can't afford, it will close its doors and those people will be the unemployed poor, instead of the working poor. I think you'll agree, it is a notch or two lower to be unemployed.

I've seen uninsured people get top class care, and I've been the recipient of the best of care
under HMO. I've also seen people with good insurance get poor care, and seen the uninsured suffer because they have no coverage. A lot may just depend on where you go for that care.

I don't doubt that Rush was at an excellent medical facility, and that same care would have been available to anyone who goes there.

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Why is public citizen a.k.a. Limbaugh being demonized over his healthcare comments, while the congress creatures who are actually ruining it go unscathed?

You people have some effed up priorities.
I guess you missed all those other posts where people were upset when the health care bill passed?

90 posts, read 71,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
How about the "poor black man" goes out and gets a job so be can get insurance like the rest of us.
In Simplicityville, that would be the case. The poor black man would just be lazy and would simply refuse to buy private health insurance because he didn't really feel like it, and would rather spend his money on Ipods and rims for his car. In Simplicityville, the poor are all poor because of poor decision making and should, therefore, deserve to die a horrible death.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
It doesn't matter what Rush says.

There is an issue with low income people and health insurance. I don't think you need to alter 100% of the population to fix a 10% problem.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 PM

90 posts, read 71,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Don't worry. Once you actually leave home and set off on your own, you too will be able to get a job and get your own health insurance without having to suck off the rest of the population for it.
You pay for insurance, right? Therefore, the money you pay goes towards other people's healthcare, whether you like it or not. Your money also funds various corporations, keeping them rich @ your expense. I bet you like that though, don't you?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
These days, people are glad just to have a job. If a company has to offer insurance it can't afford, it will close its doors and those people will be the unemployed poor, instead of the working poor. I think you'll agree, it is a notch or two lower to be unemployed.
Is there some reason you're directing this toward me?
I think I already know this information but if it makes you feel better to direct it towards me....have at it.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I guess you missed all those other posts where people were upset when the health care bill passed?
Actually I have read quite a few of them here.
The search function is your friend.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It doesn't matter what Rush says.

There is an issue with low income people and health insurance. I don't think you need to alter 100% of the population to fix a 10% problem.
It isn't just low income people........

For Middle Class, Health Insurance Becomes a Luxury - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/16/us/for-middle-class-health-insurance-becomes-a-luxury.html - broken link)

USATODAY.com - Health insurance premiums crash down on middle class

Health Care and the Middle Class: More Costs and Less Coverage - Kaiser Family Foundation

If you want to try to demonize poor people (like so many on this forum) and ignore the facts....have at it.

I think most people would rather have health care than health insurance but that's just me. Get rid of the middle men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies