Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: The U.S. health care system is "just fine".
Agree 19 22.62%
Disagree 65 77.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times

Advertisements

I disagree. He was treated in a timely manner with the best doctors in the world. I'd say it's better than "fine".

Insurance is NOT part of health care. Health care is what insurance pays for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Without idiots we would not have a forum.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"The treatment I received here was the best that the world has to offer,” Limbaugh said. “Based on what happened here to me, I don't think there's one thing wrong with the American health care system. It is working just fine, just dandy."

Rush: U.S. health system 'just fine' - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Well, I guess that's it. All of those months Congress spent talking about health care reform were wasted.
Makes you wonder what those drugs have done to that pea brain of his.......Duh, gee, a Wealthy celebrity gets excellent care (of NOTHING) and so everything is fine.

This is the Sign of a Repug: "I am fine so everything is fine"

And it's unfortunate that his followers, the Repugs, believe his every word, like brain dead automatons....

Old 01-05-2010, 07:19 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Points Rush (Me and my Little World) should make as well..
-if he can pay his mortgage on time every month then there is no crisis in the housing industry.
-if Rush has a regular, well paying job, that means the job market is fine and dandy.
Yes, and the U.S. Health Care system IS just fine, for those with gold plated insurance plans, and those who can afford to pay for any services that may be either needed or desired! It's the other 98% that have the problem!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 1,959 times
Ya its fine if you make 33 million a year then its no problem. What the drugster forgets to tell the mentally challenged is that if you are a single mom or student working to get through college and can not afford insurance and have a problem you are SOL. But if you are a fat bastard and make 33 million a year its not a problem at all. The drugster also forgot to tell the mentally challenged red neck tea baggers that no one said that this country had a bad system of care, it is the ability of millions to access it that is the problem and the insurance industry that puts profits above paying for the care of people that is. The drugster is a walking misdirection that plays on the idiots who think they are some how exceptional in the world and that if you work real hard and hold a bible you can get rich and live some life that they never will. It is allot like the heaven myth that is sold to these fools. No one can come back and ask a church for their money back and it is one of the best ponzi scams the world has ever seen. It makes Madoff look like a piker by comparison.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
People may have different approaches to fixing the health care system, but for Rush to say it's "just fine" is extremely selfish and arrogant. People like him truly make me sick to my stomach.
I'm not "like him" and I can say that healthcare in this country is, for the most part, "just fine". In fact, it's excellent. You hear of cases where it failed, but that's not the norm.

It's coverage that needs fixing, not the care.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I disagree. He was treated in a timely manner with the best doctors in the world. I'd say it's better than "fine".

Insurance is NOT part of health care. Health care is what insurance pays for.
Yes, and even if his Health Insurance "Death Panel" says they won't pay because of his pre-existing condition or they won't pay because he went out of network or they won't pay hoping he'll die before they have to pay....HE still can AFFORD health care.

The health care SYSTEM includes health insurance.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:31 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, and even if his Health Insurance "Death Panel" says they won't pay because of his pre-existing condition or they won't pay because he went out of network or they won't pay hoping he'll die before they have to pay....HE still can AFFORD health care.
Yes, he can. So, if you're concerned about the terms of a policy, get one that you like. Don't like taking a risk that you'll be denied because you go out of network? Don't sign up with that policy. Same goes for other terms. Pay for the coverage you want, but don't expect others to pay for what YOU didn't want to pay for, should that need come up.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Lets follow Rush and adopt Hawaiis Health Care System

Old 01-05-2010, 07:38 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"The treatment I received here was the best that the world has to offer,” Limbaugh said. “Based on what happened here to me, I don't think there's one thing wrong with the American health care system. It is working just fine, just dandy."

Rush: U.S. health system 'just fine' - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Well, I guess that's it. All of those months Congress spent talking about health care reform were wasted.
Rush is stoopid!! He's nothing, but a fear monger. I'm all for healthy dialogue. The people listening to him act like he is the head of their cult. Don't sit in front of the tv/radio and just nod. Yes yes Rush yes.

I have healthcare and yes, it's great. But, my HMO increases every freakin yr. Why, no competition. What happens to the people without healthcare. They go to the ER and WE are stuck with the bill. Either way we gonna pay for it. Everyone should have healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies