Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 05:23 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Correct, he was born here, his parents were here long enough after the age of 14.
YOU do realize that requirement is only for children not born in the US.

since Obama was born in the US, using that argument is grasping.

There is no "if", He was born in Hawaii.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Hey Mister Hawaii ... I thought you knew it all ...

Hawaii became a state in 1959.

I would like to see a link that that 87% of Hawians where born in hospitals in 1935.
It's Hawaiians. If you want to be taken seriously (too late) learn to use the spell check.

Quote:
Especially from somebody that claims to be from Hawaii and does not even know the year it became a state.
where in that reply was that stated? he/she wanted to know the significance of you using 1959. Hawaii had very good hospitals established before 1959; most of them from the late 1800's. He/she wanted to know why you'd use 1959.

Quote:
You sir, are lying about being from Hawaii. You stumbled across this blog in your search for Birther bashing and made it all up.
Where did Katiana state that he/she was from Hawaii?

Old 05-01-2010, 05:28 PM

229 posts, read 241,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
YOU do realize that requirement is only for children not born in the US.

since Obama was born in the US, using that argument is grasping.

There is no "if", He was born in Hawaii.
That is arguement here... IF HE WAS BORN IN HAWAII

Old 05-01-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
That is arguement here... IF HE WAS BORN IN HAWAII
Unfortunately for you , HE WAS BORN in Hawaii. THERE IS NO IF.

Oh BTW, you forget about certain laws in place before Obama was born (if a child was born outside of the US), and you can thank a fellow birther to finally have a court rule on the status, since it pertained to McCain's eligibility status.
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...ase_id-206145/

Quote:
At the time of Senator McCain’s birth, the pertinent citizenship provision prescribed that “[a]ny child hereafter born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such child is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.” Act of May 24, 1934, Pub. L. No. 73-250, 48 Stat. 797. The Supreme Court has interpreted the phrase “out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States” in this statute to be the converse of the phrase “in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,” in the Fourteenth Amendment, and therefore to encompass all those not granted citizenship directly by the Fourteenth Amendment. 1 Under this view, Senator McCain was a citizen at birth. In 1937, to remove any doubt as to persons in Senator McCain’s circumstances in the Canal Zone, Congress enacted 8 U.S.C. 1403(a), which declared that persons in Senator McCain’s circumstances are citizens by virtue of their birth, thereby retroactively rendering Senator McCain a natural born citizen, if he was not one already. This order finds it highly probable, for the purposes of this motion for provisional relief, that Senator McCain is a natural born citizen.
So, the age requirement was long removed. Obama's mother could have been 16 given birth to him and he would still be a natural born citizen.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
<snip>Where did Katiana state that he/she was from Hawaii?
Whether Katiana said that or not deturmind called her a liar which is in
violation of the TOS....

Old 05-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately for you , HE WAS BORN in Hawaii. THERE IS NO IF.

This coming from the Hawiian that does not even know when it became a state.

You opinion does not matter.

Oh, and by the way thanks for the age comment but I wish I could say I was young.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
This coming from the Hawiian that does not even know when it became a state.
Again where did Katiana state that he/she was from Hawaii?

Quote:
You opinion does not matter.
It's not an opinion when its FACT. All you have is opinions.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way thanks for the age comment but I wish I could say I was young.
I didn't make any statement on your age. You may want to ACTUALLY know who you are replying to.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Whether Katiana said that or not deturmind called her a liar which is in
violation of the TOS....
It was directed towards Arus pronounced "A Rouse"

Check my post I never used the word "liar".

My apologies if I offended Katiana.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:50 PM

122 posts, read 104,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You had to be a citizen to become a citizen? I don't think so! Prior to the ratification of the constitution, everyone in the then US was a citizen of some other country, except the native Americans. For example, George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and all the other singers of the Declaration of Independence were British citizens.
No, they were citizens of the States under the Articles of Confederation.

Our Documents - Articles of Confederation (1777)
"After considerable debate and alteration, the Articles of Confederation were adopted by the Continental Congress on November 15, 1777. This document served as the United States' first constitution, and was in force from March 1, 1781, until 1789 when the present day Constitution went into effect."
Supreme Law Library : Resources : Two Classes
"It is true, every person, and every class and description of persons, who were at the time of the adoption of the Constitution recognized as citizens in the several States, became also citizens of this new political body; but none other; it was formed by them, and for them and their posterity, but for no one else."
Your ignorance of your own country's history must be awfully embarrassing.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:51 PM

758 posts, read 2,240,758 times
Oh my god... people still debate about this. This is oooold, and no one except people with no lives cares. He's the president and not all the whining and crying in the world is going to remove him from office because of speculative assertions that he is a 'citizen on Kenya'. (which by the way would totally fall on its a$$ because kenya didn't become a nation 'till 1963... he would have been a British colonial subject).

He's the president... the official authorities have recognized it, and only looneys are even bringing this subject up. C'est fini.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies