Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,680,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Do Jews dominate the US government? If it is so why is it the case?

Well I believe that the Jews are represented by a very powerful lobby called AIPAC.

Please be respectful, and no hate speech in this thread.
1. Just raising the question of whether Jews dominate the government is hate speech.

2. No, they do not.

3. AIPAC is not a lobby that represents "the Jews", it represents a certain view of the interests of Israel. They are not the same thing.

It could certainly be argued that the present policies of the government of Israel are not in line with the interests of the United States, but this is far from the point of your post.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,839,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Having said that, AIPAC would certainly want to place persons in high government positions that would help ISrael...Jewish or not. I am against any country including Israel having lobbist in our country promoting their countries interests by contributing to election campaigns and or having access to our politicians other than ambassadors.

If that is offensive, too bad..

agree, just think if there were people doing what pro israelis are doing but for muslims, talk about backlash

Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,542,383 times
Multinational corporations and financial institutions (particularly the latter, it seems, these days) dominate the US government. Their lobbies alone put AIPAC to shame in power and influence, and then there's their domination of media and their financing of election campaigns, long proven to be the best way to buy a politician. But go on believing your boogeyman story.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,779,330 times
Quote:
Well they do have a lobby. Its AIPAC, Just as the gun owners have a lobby called the NRA. In addition Jews represent 2% but are really over represented in politics compared to other ethnic groups in the USA.

AIPAC has been very influentual in US role in Middle Eastern Affairs for over 50 years. I not saying its a bad thing or a good thing but these are facts.

So what? Are African Americans over represented in the NBA?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
To Zgack
I am not anti semetic. Just becuase I ask for peoples opinions about the perceptions of Jews in government does not mean its an anti semetic. Look at my OP again at the last sentence.
I don't undesatnd why this would interest you?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
I believe AIPAC is NOT a registered lobbying organization, it's an educational organization.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleon View Post
I believe AIPAC is NOT a registered lobbying organization, it's an educational organization.

You would be wrong.

AIPAC - America's Pro-Israel Lobby (http://www.aipac.org/index.asp - broken link)

Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,451,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post

Jews are 'over represented' in other fields such as medicine, law, finance and education. Jews received more Nobel prizes in the latter half of the 20th century than any other group and by a very wide margin. Do you know why this is the case? If not then I suggest you do some research in the history of the Jewish people throughout the ages. As an aside you might also note this 'over representation' was essential to the success of MLK and the civil rights movement in America. I'm not providing you links because while you open in a benign manner it's clear to me you are, if not in fact an anti-semite, treading very close to it, so you can do your own research. And while you're at it you might look in to why other groups are under represented and the cause for same.
Ok, who are you and what did you do with the real ZGACK? "You" promised you'd be returning to your former self sometime soon, but so far I see no evidence of it. I'm starting to get scared!

Jill, Dominatrix of the U.S. Government, the Federal Reserve, Hollywood, the Media and apparently the Nobel Prize Committee

Old 01-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So what? Are African Americans over represented in the NBA?
african ameicans are americans and didnt migrate from europe during the 30's 40's

Old 01-07-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I'm not providing you links because while you open in a benign manner it's clear to me you are, if not in fact an anti-semite, treading very close to it, so you can do your own research.
what are people called wh oare against christians and buddhist.. jews incorrrectly use and higjack the term semite put anti in front of it as if it makes a difference and a new word.

anti-semite
antisemite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies