Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,268,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
One day Janet Napolitano says “The system worked”, the next day 0bama says its a systemic failure, one day Abulmutallab is a suspect and an isolated extremist, the next day he is a known terrorist who should have been on a no fly list.

Then once they catch Abulmutallab they do not turn him over to the people conducting the war, he is turned over to civilian authorities where he is given the right to remain silent. We do not turn over terrorists caught on the battle field to civilians, because we are at war!! Does 0bama think we are fighting a war, or are we in the midst of a crime spree, or does the war end at our shores?
Yes & she got creamed for saying that, didn't she? And the president took over & told us that every agency was at fault, including himself. If someone can provide a transcript or video of Bush taking fault for 9/11 I would like to see it. I don't recall him doing that. And that guy was on a no-fly list & people knew about, however he was already on that plane so they decided to get him when the plane landed. How dumb is that? That is not the presidents fault right there, that is the fault of a bunch of people. I don't expect the president to sit at every airline w/a list of over half a million people who should not be flying. Surely even you don't expect that. What I DO expect is for the lines of communication to be open, clear & concise & apparently thru the years it has gotten much much better, obviously due to 9/11. The agencies aren't keeping info to themselves as they once did, it's being shared. Which honestly, should've been the case before but I guess you live & learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,466,179 times
Although not a fan. I do have to admit, today's press conference, i never seen him look or act so serious, if this was an act, he's pretty good. But i am also sure, in accepting some of the blame himself, he has his reasons!

Last edited by california-jewel; 01-07-2010 at 08:01 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,481,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You are pissing into the wind with these folks.
Why waste your time? All they do is parrot what Cheney and his ilk says, which as it turns out, isn't true.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:51 PM

38,034 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Yes & she got creamed for saying that, didn't she?
Its not about punishing the head of Homeland Security when they say stupid things, its about their mindset on the war, and terrorist attacks. The 0bama administration has no clear vision of what it is about.

We are fighting a war with these guys, and yet the US attorney general thinks he can reach in and take war prisoners, under the control of the US military, and try them as civilians?? Are we at war or not? It seems like the 0bama and his administration are confused about it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
And the president took over & told us that every agency was at fault, including himself. If someone can provide a transcript or video of Bush taking fault for 9/11 I would like to see it. I don't recall him doing that. And that guy was on a no-fly list & people knew about, however he was already on that plane so they decided to get him when the plane landed. How dumb is that? That is not the presidents fault right there, that is the fault of a bunch of people. I don't expect the president to sit at every airline w/a list of over half a million people who should not be flying. Surely even you don't expect that. What I DO expect is for the lines of communication to be open, clear & concise & apparently thru the years it has gotten much much better, obviously due to 9/11. The agencies aren't keeping info to themselves as they once did, it's being shared. Which honestly, should've been the case before but I guess you live & learn.
Once again, its not about whose fault it is, and assigning blame. It is whether or not the president thinks we are fighting a war, which includes overseas and here at home, or does the war end at our shores. Or is he just treading water and hoping he can make it thru 4 years without a major terrorist attack on our shores?

If we are at war, then the prisoners of the enemy we are fighting fall under the US military control, not the local police or the civilian courts. We interrogate them for information to keep our citizens safe, not give them constitutional rights to remain silent.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

We are fighting a war with these guys, and yet the US attorney general thinks he can reach in and take war prisoners, under the control of the US military, and try them as civilians?? Are we at war or not? It seems like the 0bama and his administration are confused about it,
Why is it you guys always forget that Bush did this too?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,502,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
He always was and always will be serious about the war.
Except the trials, the labeling, the top down leadership... Other than that he sure is. He'll murder the combatants with bombs but if they make it on American soil they get free lawyers and a platform with free TV and interaction with their terrorist buddies. Other than all that, of course.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Except the trials, the labeling, the top down leadership... Other than that he sure is. He'll murder the combatants with bombs but if they make it on American soil they get free lawyers and a platform with free TV and interaction with their terrorist buddies. Other than all that, of course.

Do you guys ever have an original thought? Just asking.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Why waste your time? All they do is parrot what Cheney and his ilk says, which as it turns out, isn't true.
Which it turns out is true... if you listened to Obama today, of course. 71% of America says they already knew.. This whole deal is like Carter, although it appears he's catching on faster, finally realizing his administration doesn't "dream the same dreams" with the communist as they invaded Afghanistan.

If Obama has another attack on that is directly related to AQ he's through. He apparently acknowledged that today.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
What other moron, in war, takes away their only tools that they have in said war? Do you guys ever get a clue?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,501,181 times
Quote:
It doesn't seem so. In an expected and quite consistent sort of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies