Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Seriously, by any independent standards, Pelosi has done a tremendous job as Speaker from the day she was first handed the gavel. Working the entire time against a 24/7 Republican filibuster over in the Senate, she's been consistently able to move legislation forward while balancing the interests and loyalties of a highly diverse caucus, something that lock-step Republicans would of course know nothing about. As for respect from the right, the very idea is laughable. Your party id-card is promptly yanked by Eric Cantor if you show respect for any Democrat at all. Have they all signed that stupefyingly stupid Purity Pledge of theirs yet? What a complete joke Republicans continue to make of themselves...
Yes she is presently takeing a cue from Dick Cheney and moving legislation behind closed doors despite the REPEATED pledges of our then future President that this would not be the case.

I came of age when the great Tip O'Neil was the Speaker. He was a good man who did a fine job. Vulgarians like Pelosi and Gingrich do not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as him. Both, but especially Pelosi, exemplify how absolutely elitist and disgusting these people have become.

I swear, drones like you would defend mass murder if a leftist was behind it. Its no wonder your ilk defended Stalin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Seriously, by any independent standards, Pelosi has done a tremendous job as Speaker from the day she was first handed the gavel. Working the entire time against a 24/7 Republican filibuster over in the Senate, she's been consistently able to move legislation forward while balancing the interests and loyalties of a highly diverse caucus, something that lock-step Republicans would of course know nothing about. As for respect from the right, the very idea is laughable. Your party id-card is promptly yanked by Eric Cantor if you show respect for any Democrat at all. Have they all signed that stupefyingly stupid Purity Pledge of theirs yet? What a complete joke Republicans continue to make of themselves...
Isn't it funny how only those who agree with you represent "independent standards" and anyone else is to be discarded? Time for more of your liberal limeaid, LFO.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
BTW, back to the OP.

Does anyone truly see Pelosi as anything good for the entire country?

IMO, she is trying to run the house as a personal fiefdom.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:37 PM

654 posts, read 466,192 times
lol...that is great.

She really is dumb as soap.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Anytime a Democrat mentions CNN the Republicans come out in full force and dismiss it because the network is biased. Now they're eating this up and revering it as Gospel.

Tell me about it! That's what makes this news, even that much more impressive. A little slow but they are coming to face reality, and the taste of crow doesn't taste any better with salt or pepper on it. They held off as long as they could, to swallow.

It tells me that even a blind dog has to wake up and find a bone.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I thought CNN was nothing but a bastion of liberal commies? Now you take stock in what someone on the network said?
Don't worry, he might suddenly announce he has to...errr.. chosen to "pursue other avenues at this time" just like Lou Dobbs

Old 01-13-2010, 06:00 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Rather than just accept your word for it, yes. A biased source is always suspect and your continued posts show bias.
Ferd: "Both CNN and MSNBC along with many liberal blogs reported on those numbers. Evidently no one actually thought to check with the Secret Service because according to them, there has been no increase in such actions...typical liberal kneejerk reaction."

Robert Gibbs: "The liberals love CNN for so-called "facts". It is the most un trustworthy of sources."

wdavid002: "We have the power..keep up the momentum from yesterday. Write to the sponsors that support the liberal networks and tell them you refuse to buy any of their products until the media stops trying to brainwash the American public through their one sided reporting and commentaries. It's time to put an end to the biased press. Let's force organizations like CNN and CNBC off the air for good. Power to the people !!!"

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...utlets-10.html

And that's just from the first page of search results I found.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tell me about it! That's what makes this news, even that much more impressive. A little slow but they are coming to face reality, and the taste of crow doesn't taste any better with salt or pepper on it. They held off as long as they could, to swallow.

It tells me that even a blind dog has to wake up and find a bone.
Even when fellow Democrats cite it, I've been saying CNN is nothing but entertainment as is MSNBC. I don't use any of them as sources or credibility, nor should any Republican with FOX. I haven't watched a terrible amount of him but to me Cafferty was always an exaggerative drama queen. I'm undecided about Pelosi but this really seemed like a typical Cafferty "hey look at me I'm on TV" rant. Maybe he's right. I don't know. But considering the level of hated from the right towards CNN and now they eat this up is an epic level of hypocrisy.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Pelosi epitomizes the modern day Washington democrat, which is why they will suffer badly over the next few election cycles.

BTW, the American people are not thru with the RINOs either, we have a few more that need to join the private sector life again.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Yeah, this is going to get interesting soon as the GOP regulars try to front moderate candidates who have some chance of beating a Blue Dog while the Tea Party Piranhas go bersek over their weird ideas of party purity. Shaping up as a lose-lose proposition for the right-wing I'd say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies