Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I have no idea what that even means.
It's her way of blaming this on the gay liberals in SF. I'm surprised she didn't blame this on "Hussein Obama" as she does everything else. Emphasis for her on "Hussein"

This issue is a bipartisan problem. Or need we talk about the pervasive political leanings of those who parade their children around in pageants at the age of 6?

Honestly DC, just stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
This issue is a bipartisan problem. Or need we talk about the pervasive political leanings of those who parade their children around in pageants at the age of 6?
Yeah, I really don't get the pageants. Most of the girls look utterly miserably, and the gratification seems to be purely for the benefit of the mothers. I don't know what I'm doing half the time as a parent, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how destructive the beauty pageant scene must be for a very young girl.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Ugh, it's all disgusting. Thongs for kids?? Lingerie???

I honestly don't get parents that buy that stuff. Obviously, there are parents that do or stores wouldn't be selling it.

Yes, this is a bipartisan issue. Pageants are denigrating as well. I don't get parents that parade their young girls in pageants.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Ugh, it's all disgusting. Thongs for kids?? Lingerie???

I honestly don't get parents that buy that stuff. Obviously, there are parents that do or stores wouldn't be selling it.
I know, weird hey? What parent would buy their 4 year old a thong? My mother was horrified when she found out I was wearing thong underwear in my early 20's, LOL.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The pressure on such young girls is crazy. My daughter is 6, and she always asks for high-heels. My work-around is to take her to a store such as TJMaxx, and she spends half an hour trying on all the ridiculously high heels, walking around, admiring herself. It's cheap entertainment, and she gets it out of her system. There are girls in her class that wear thong underwear sticking out their low-riser jeans. I just don't get it. I really don't know why people would want their girls growing up so quickly, I certainly don't. And while I am still able to be the fashion police, I will be because I know it gets more difficult as they get older.

I agree with what you say, THANK GOD MY KIDS ARE ALL RAISED WITH NO PROBLEMS. Young girls today are growing up way too fast, and some of it go's right back to the Parents, if your going to allow these innocent kids to grown up this fast, what do you expect. When they are a certain age and getting in trouble, then the Parent's cannot understand what went wrong. This is just crazy, kids grow up way to fast, let them be kids please. Thong underwear for little girls, is unbelievable. And i see no benefit to little girls wearing heels at all, cannot be good for the feet, no matter what the Mom's say. For play ok, but not something you would want your lttle girld doing just to look popular. Why do parents condone helping making their little girls grow up so fast, Mine is a women, and the years went by oh so fast.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
While I, too, find the recent trends of children's clothing disturbing, I don't necessarily think that high heels is somehow sexualizing little kids.

What is more disturbing to me is that kids even care about things like brands, designers, clothing, status items at all. I think the way they're dressing has more to do with wanting to fit in than any images of sexuality they may have in their minds.
That, I'm afraid, is just as much a product of their upbringing as it is the influence of the media.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post

Yes, this is a bipartisan issue. Pageants are denigrating as well. I don't get parents that parade their young girls in pageants.
This is a good point. 6 year olds and even 12 year olds can't wear clothes their parents don't buy for them.

So who's really responsible for keeping these trends in business?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:57 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This is a good point. 6 year olds and even 12 year olds can't wear clothes their parents don't buy for them.

So who's really responsible for keeping these trends in business?
The National Harlotan Society.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
It gets worse...

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...et-bikini.html

Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with what you say, THANK GOD MY KIDS ARE ALL RAISED WITH NO PROBLEMS. Young girls today are growing up way too fast, and some of it go's right back to the Parents, if your going to allow these innocent kids to grown up this fast, what do you expect. When they are a certain age and getting in trouble, then the Parent's cannot understand what went wrong. This is just crazy, kids grow up way to fast, let them be kids please. Thong underwear for little girls, is unbelievable. And i see no benefit to little girls wearing heels at all, cannot be good for the feet, no matter what the Mom's say. For play ok, but not something you would want your lttle girld doing just to look popular. Why do parents condone helping making their little girls grow up so fast, Mine is a women, and the years went by oh so fast.
Does anybody remember the little "beauty queen" in Boulder who was murdered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies