Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How about the link in post number 1 of this thread to point out the lie told over and over. Obama pulled a swiftie on the progs and most of them know it but won't admit it.
Try to keep up. Go back and read what link i was requesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
And, the FEC contains people appointed by the incoming President. I have watched too much crap about that FEC happening ever since it was created and they surely let the "winner" get by with murder about listing that stuff.
Sounds like you have issues with campaign finance reform and corporate influence, and less issues with Obama.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Obama:

Do as I say, not what I do.

When are Americans going to become individuals once again, instead of blind followers?

Old 01-14-2010, 05:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Sounds like you have issues with campaign finance reform and corporate influence, and less issues with Obama.
I've got issues with the way Obama refused to list the names of all those supposedly small donors. McCain listed all of his but Obama failed on everything but the really big ones.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:08 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Wayland, Roy is pretending he never name calls. It's pretty entertaining actually.
Ah, thank you! I love learning new things.

Sincerely,

grasshopper

Old 01-14-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I've got issues with the way Obama refused to list the names of all those supposedly small donors. McCain listed all of his but Obama failed on everything but the really big ones.
If this is true then it's a problem with the FEC and its effectiveness...

People operate within the system they're granted, you can't fault them for that. If you modify the system so that it prevents whatever issues you have, then that solves the problem. Thus you have issues with the system on this particular point, and less of an issue with the candidate.

Or McCain is some kind of angel, you seem to be ignoring the Keating Five scandal, but to each his own.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
If this is true then it's a problem with the FEC and its effectiveness...

People operate within the system they're granted, you can't fault them for that. If you modify the system so that it prevents whatever issues you have, then that solves the problem. Thus you have issues with the system on this particular point, and less of an issue with the candidate.

Or McCain is some kind of angel, you seem to be ignoring the Keating Five scandal, but to each his own.
Let see now, the Keating 5 was many years ago and I am talking about something that happened just over one year ago. You people keep trying to cover Obama with history but it is Pelosi you are covering him with.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Let see now, the Keating 5 was many years ago and I am talking about something that happened just over one year ago. You people keep trying to cover Obama with history but it is Pelosi you are covering him with.
I'm stating that they're all corrupt and if you're ignoring this you know basically nothing about politics or are being intellectually dishonest.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:49 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayland woman View Post
ah, thank you! I love learning new things.

Sincerely,

grasshopper :d:d:d
lol It is rather obvious to all but him.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
You're really slow on this one, Roy. This has been out for weeks. Jon Stewart did a funny segment on it highlighting the need for candidates to make abstract promises (for example: "One term president, Bush I: No new taxes; 2 term president (Bush II): Give me a chance to lead and I will lead.")

Anyway, I don't know why it's not on C-Span. I think it's an easy promise to keep and he's hurting himself in much larger ways by not following through. Maybe Congress wouldn't let him. Bad move, either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies