Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Steele has been widely criticized for using the phrase “honest Injun” to describe the Republican Party.
Quote:
Native American Journalists Association President Ronnie Washines had urged Steele to carefully word a sincere apology to the Native American community...............
Quote:
FOX News altered the transcript online to read “honest engine” instead of “honest *****.”
Republican Party head apologizes for racial slur - Cherokee Phoenix

Typical GOP insensitivity and FAUX cover up.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 01:29 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Honest Engine? Seriously?

Wow. Reminds me of the trick they pulled calling various RW pervs like Craig and Foley democrats.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Omg seriously?

Sorry dont see that as a racial slur.

Yet another example of this country and its everything is racist now

Old 01-15-2010, 01:34 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
It's not so much the insensitivity that bothers me. Most of us slip up with little phrases from time to time, that used to be part of the common vernacular, but we've become more sensitive to in recent years (I actually heard Dr. Phil say to someone, "Yeah, you don't want to get gypped." Hello?! )

No, that didn't bother me in and of itself, it's the cover-up by Faux Not-News and Steele's hypocrisy that's so outrageous. He spent days harping on Harry Reid for using an outdated term that's not necessarily a pejorative (United Negro College Fund anyone?), and that certainly wasn't used as one, yet it took him nearly a week before apologizing for his own insensitive slip-of-the-tongue.

He's a jerk.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:29 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Nothing surprises me any more from the left. There probably isn't one post on this complete forum where someone from the left didb't called a repub/conservative a name.

Now they whine About Steele.

Talk about hypocrates.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Michael Steele is an idiot and makes me cringe everytime he opens his mouth.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
I heard it when he said it. I did wince a bit, but it was not used in a derogatory way.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:49 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Omg seriously?

Sorry dont see that as a racial slur.

Yet another example of this country and its everything is racist now
Really? Do you not think n*gger is a slur? They're equivalent.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
It's not so much the insensitivity that bothers me. Most of us slip up with little phrases from time to time, that used to be part of the common vernacular, but we've become more sensitive to in recent years (I actually heard Dr. Phil say to someone, "Yeah, you don't want to get gypped." Hello?! )

No, that didn't bother me in and of itself, it's the cover-up by Faux Not-News and Steele's hypocrisy that's so outrageous. He spent days harping on Harry Reid for using an outdated term that's not necessarily a pejorative (United Negro College Fund anyone?), and that certainly wasn't used as one, yet it took him nearly a week before apologizing for his own insensitive slip-of-the-tongue.

He's a jerk.
Oh my goodness. Hypocrisy wrapped in the cloak of liberal elitism. Nice work. But your disguise is about as thick as single-ply toilet paper, and we can see right through it.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh my goodness. Hypocrisy wrapped in the cloak of liberal elitism. Nice work. But your disguise is about as thick as single-ply toilet paper, and we can see right through it.
Only someone deep in denial or someone committed to the usual republican "twist and shout" method of debate could call someone a hypocrite because they pointed out the obvious hypocrisy of people throwing a fit because one person used the term "negro" while excusing another person using the term "*****."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies