Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

A wonderful summation of the "opinions" rendered lately by various leftist fanatics, in their attempts to explain away Barack Obama's exploding spending and mediocre results, as well as the President's dwindling popularity.

----------------------------------------

Opinion & Commentary - Wall Street Journal - WSJ.com

from "Best of the Web Today"

Planet Enron
Some columnists are not of this world.

by JAMES TARANTO
Jan. 19, 2010

(snip)
This description of Barack 'Someone Else's Mess" Obama is so far removed from reality that there are only two possible explanations: (1) Krugman is trolling for links, or (2) He is from another planet. We're going to assume it's the latter, because trolling for links would be beneath the dignity of a Nobel Prize winner.
(snip)

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A wonderful summation of the "opinions" rendered lately by various leftist fanatics, in their attempts to explain away Barack Obama's exploding spending and mediocre results, as well as the President's dwindling popularity.

----------------------------------------

Opinion & Commentary - Wall Street Journal - WSJ.com

from "Best of the Web Today"

Planet Enron
Some columnists are not of this world.

by JAMES TARANTO
Jan. 19, 2010

(snip)
This description of Barack 'Someone Else's Mess" Obama is so far removed from reality that there are only two possible explanations: (1) Krugman is trolling for links, or (2) He is from another planet. We're going to assume it's the latter, because trolling for links would be beneath the dignity of a Nobel Prize winner.
(snip)

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Interesting read but Democrats who have been taken in by the progressives wouldn't agree with me. About the funniest thing I saw in it came from the pen of David Brooks, the al Times of New York, writer who is considered the token conservative among the columnists there. He doesn't usually sound like he is very conservative, but these words amazed me, whatever he is.

In many ways, Barack Obama has lived up to his promise. He has created a thoughtful, pragmatic administration marked by a culture of honest and vigorous debate.

Honest and vigorous debate, he says. I read this just minutes after I heard Juan McCain talking about how the GOP Senators should have erected a tent and sold Persian rugs from it. Other Republican leaders complained, at the same time, about no debate in either house. Of course, those who think that being the majority, Democrats, should be the only ones debating and voting in either house. It just gets better and better and I hope some of THEM come in here to talk, but don't think they will.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Good read.
I have seen some CD posts that could give those quotes a run for their money.
Here is my fave:
Quote:
As an aside, Van Hollen also has this charming comment in explaining why he thinks Democrat Martha Coakley will win today's special election: "Why would you hand the keys to the car back to the same guys whose policies drove the economy into the ditch and then walked away from the scene of the accident?"

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment
Wow, just wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies