Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

If it is up to the muslims that will be taking off our dollar bills...

Now they are talking about the psalm # on the weapons...

Why do I see more and more muslims shopping at Forever 21...they have a psalm on their shopping bags...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Why do I see more and more muslims shopping at Forever 21...they have a psalm on their shopping bags...?
what i havew heard it is the great american atheist who think our soldiers should not defend themselves with quotes from god on their guns. I am sure we will see an ACLU law suit soon

Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
what i havew heard it is the great american atheist who think our soldiers should not defend themselves with quotes from god on their guns. I am sure we will see an ACLU law suit soon
What does that sentence mean?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
What's funny is that you think Muslims care that psalm's are on our money, when it's on theirs. Some psalms are in the Quran. David is talked about in the Quran. The Torah and even Jesus Christ and Mary are talked about in the Quran.

Funny then, it would seem that the "Muslim's" are more Christian than those disparaging them by blasphemy.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
What does that sentence mean?
the Us has stamped Bible verse numbers on soldiers guns as part of the gun serial number

Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the Us has stamped Bible verse numbers on soldiers guns as part of the gun serial number
Yeah, I'm aware of that unfortunate fact. You seem to be suggesting that the bible verse numbers make the guns better weapons.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:50 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
If it were up to me we wouldn't have that on our currency. Why is it there?

And what's the deal with not putting to "O" in God. "God" isn't a name, it's an occupation. I know those in the Judeo/Christian/Muslim line aren't suppose to call their god by his name but now they can't even call him "God"???? Next thing they'll be calling him "He who must not be named".

Last edited by Sagran; 01-21-2010 at 09:23 AM..

Old 01-21-2010, 08:55 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
The word "God" does not appear in the Constitution, why does it need to be on our money?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Please provide some data to support your poorly worded statement that "if it is up to the muslims that will be taking (in god we trust) off our dollar bills".

I seriously doubt muslims give two hoots about what's printed on a dollar bill.

I'm starting to see a bit of a theme in your recent posts .........

Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
And what's the deal with not putting to "O" in God. "God" isn't a name, it's an occupation. I know those in the Judeo/Christian/Muslim line aren't suppose to call their god by his name but now they can't even call him "God"???? Next thing they'll be calling him "He who must not be named".
I remember once that my Rabbi (I was raised Jewish and Catholic) that we should type or write "G-d" so that we are not abusing His name when we delete/erase/etc that writing. According to him, G-d is holy, and his name has no place in the recycling bin or trash can. It's a sign of respect. Even though I do not practice any religion, I usually keep to this as a sign of respect for the culture of others.

As for the topic at hand, I don't care what's on the money. All I care about is having enough of it in my pocket or in the bank to purchase. For all I honestly care, they could put a set of hairy balls on money and it would affect me the same way as "In G-d we Trust".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies